GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Ares the doberman needs a new home.
Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Mon Mar 5, '12 7:43am PST 
This may be a bit late, but has your cousin contact the Doberman Assistance Network, or looked for a Doberman specific rescue in the area?

If you think that might be a viable option (and the dog is still in need of a home), here are the contact instructions from the DAN site (dobermanassistance.org):

Attention: Individuals, Shelters or Rescues- if you are aware of a Doberman in urgent need of assistance, please send the following information to intake@dobermanassistance.org

a. Name of rescue/person submitting request
b. Contact phone numbers
c. Shelter name/ID number/contact info (if applicable)
d. Location
f. Name of dog
g. Known health issues
h. Other pertinent information
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 7:43 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Missing Doberman in South Carolina!
Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Mon Mar 5, '12 7:40am PST 
Blue is a 5 year old Blue Doberman who was travelling through South Carolina with a new owner when she spooked at a rest stop and ran off.

She is cropped and docked, and was wearing a black studded leather collar and a choke chain. She is agility and obedience trained, and will come to anybody who knows her name.

She was last seen at a rest stop on I-95 on the South Carolina-Georgia line, or south near Walterboro, SC

If she is found, her breeder, Lucy Jakubowski of Braveheart Dobermans in New York, will come and get her. Blue has an Avid microchip that lists Lucy Jakuboski and Cindy Raymann (deceased) as owners. She can be reached at bravedobe@aol.com and her number is 716-557-2452

If you're in South Carolina (or Georgia) and near that area, there are Missing flyers to be printed out from the breeder's site, found here: http://www.sitemouse.com/users/braveheart/blueflyer.html

Any help to spread the word would really be appreciated!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 7:40 am

Doberman Pinscher > Vote to help the Doberman Assistance Network!

Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Fri Nov 18, '11 5:42pm PST 
On Facebook, Chase Community Giving has voting for a piece of a $3 million grant! The Doberman Assistance Network is one of the charities with votes, but only the top 100 see any money. The Doberman Assistance Network works nationwide in the U.S. to get dogs out of kill shelters and dangerous situations, and into foster and rescue.

So, if you have a Facebook and would like to help (it is FREE!), go to Chase Community Giving on Facebook, "like" Chase Community Giving, and then vote for the Doberman Assistance Network!

Currently at 126 votes, I'm hoping they get a whole lot more before this is over! They need 700 total votes to be in the running It's only a few days left. You can only vote once for an organization, but get 10 total votes, so you can search for other charities and causes to vote upon.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 5:42 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Please Vote for the Doberman Assistance Network!

Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 1:47pm PST 
I apologize if this shouldn't go here. I'm just trying to get the word out!

On Facebook, Chase Community Giving has voting for a piece of a $3 million grant! The Doberman Assistance Network is one of the charities with votes, but only the top 100 see any money. The Doberman Assistance Network works nationwide in the U.S. to get dogs out of kill shelters and dangerous situations, and into foster and rescue.

So, if you have a Facebook and would like to help (it is FREE!), go to Chase Community Giving on Facebook, "like" Chase Community Giving, and then vote for the Doberman Assistance Network!

Currently at 64 votes, I'm hoping they get a whole lot more before this is over! It's only a few days left. You can only vote once for an organization, but get 10 total votes, so you can search for other charities and causes to vote upon.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 16 1:47 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Blog Giveaway

Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 12:14pm PST 
Hello! On my blog, http://TheElkaAlmanac.blogspot.com I'm having my first giveaway! It's a book on CD copy of Jill Abramson's The Puppy Diaries. If interested, stop on by, and comment in the giveaway post about one of my blog entries that you've read:

my first giveaway
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 12:14 pm

Sports & Agility > Anybody ever do the Trick dog title thing?
Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Sun Sep 25, '11 9:27am PST 
Elka is currently a Novice Trick Dog. They just recently changed the lists, in fact, when they added the Trick Dog Champion title, so Novice, when we got it, was only 12 tricks. They also rearranged which tricks are in what category, something I thought was interested.

I want to get her Intermediate done (though she might be ready for advanced at the same time, the way things are going!) and send away for the Certified Trick Dog Instructor packet. Training tricks is so much fun! snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 2:22 pm

Puppy Place > Breed Guess AGAIN

Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Sun Sep 25, '11 9:13am PST 
I don't know personally about the DNA tests, so I can't answer that.

But, she does look like a GSD-Rottweiler mix. If you've read or heard of "The Last Dog on the Hill", by Steve Duno (or if not, you can Google it for the pictures), his dog Lou is GSD-Rott mix and looked quite a bit like your girl.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Oct 9 1:33 pm

Behavior & Training > 2 dogs, 1 name

Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Mon Sep 19, '11 12:13pm PST 
We haven't yet met another Elka!

Also, she's very confused if somebody addresses her by name. She shoots me a look, like "how did they know that?!" She also looks at me first if anybody else gives her a cue, including my fiance (which doesn't exactly please him.... shrug)

I'm just imagining packs of Bellas all running back and forth as their owners try to call their individual dog! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 19 12:13 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Are black dogs more smelly?

Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 5:15pm PST 
Elka counts as a black dog, I think (black and rust Doberman).

When she was a puppy, she smelled like brownies when she was sleeping. As an adult, her ears still kinda smell like chocolate. Her feet don't smell, her breath doesn't smell. The only thing that occasionally smells bad is her butt, and I don't make a practice of sniffing that. It's just sometimes ambient.

I don't remember the black labs I knew as being smelly. Also, my dad's friends had some kind of black shepherd-y mix who was outside A LOT (on a line) and she wasn't smelly either.

Sounds like more black dog prejudice to me, as somebody earlier posited.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by , Oct 10 8:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Spin off...have you been bitten?
Elka, NTD

Where's Gumby?

Barked: Sun Sep 18, '11 5:12pm PST 
I've never been bitten by a dog.

I was, however, pecked in the forehead by a goose when I was 3.
[notify]
» There has since been 69 posts. Last posting by , Sep 30 3:18 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.