GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Health > traveling/bordetella
Angel/Little- Dog

Angel/Little- Dog-You will- obey me

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 3:59pm PST 
I personally would not vaccinate to go to a vacation home. If you were boarding Bentley, then yes I would. It's also a good idea if he goes to a groomer to have it done once a year.
In bigger dogs (Goldens, Labs, GSD's, etc.) kennel cough is not such a big deal, however, in the smaller breeds it can turn into pneummonia much faster and hurt their lungs. Poms, Lhasa Apso, Poodles, Pugs, Shi tzu's, etc. are at the highest risk for complications.
Enjoy your trip!way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 1:42 pm

Food & Nutrition > crystals in urine - hills prescription diet
Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Wed Aug 17, '11 3:53pm PST 
Both of my girls have crystals in their urine and a high Ph. They are both taking Ammonil and I currently have them on "Blue".
I wish I had some magic answer for you but the only suggestions I do have is to try to increase her water intake and maybe try mixing some of the S/O with her regular food.
Is there a reason you don't want to switch? I know I haven't because I have 4 dogs with high Ph and want to try to address that first. Figure I'll give it about 6 weeks using the "Blue" and check their urine again.
Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by , Aug 26 11:49 am

Grooming > I feel really bad . . .

Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Sat Aug 13, '11 5:45am PST 
Angel has an appointment with her groomer this morning. I'm mortified at how yucky she looks so I will also be writing down "brush Angel" and trying harder to keep her neat and tidy on a daily basis.
Don't worry, we'll get there!wink
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 3:53 pm

Grooming > I feel really bad . . .

Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 2:48pm PST 
Guilty!red facernrnAngel is a rough and tumble kinda gal and wrestles with her 62 pound pit bull "brother" all of the time. Needless to say her hair gets twisted into knots when it's even slightly long. Best thing to do is get her shaved and try again to keep up on the brushing!way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 3:53 pm

Grooming > Maltese and belly bands

Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 5:22pm PST 
I've never heard of belly bands or what they are used for. I'm just curious, could you explain?shrug

For urine stains on white dogs (as long as there is no cut or fragile skin areas) you should be safe to use a straight peroxide "wash" followed with a rinse. I've also had some luck with Angels brown "beard" using some whitening shampoos. At least it lightens it a bit!smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 13 4:11 pm

Small Dogs > Best Collars For Tiny Dogs?
Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Thu Aug 4, '11 4:00pm PST 
Personally, for the little guys I think a harness works best. We see so many that have tracheal problems from the collars. I know Angel develped issues fairly young and now only wears a harness when she is leashed. I do think the collar for tags and ID are a good idea, though!
Just a word of advice when you travel, you may want to check with customs to see what (if any) special medical documents you may need. Some countries require VERY specific shots and documetations. I'd hate to see your tripped ruined because of it!frown
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 13 6:43 pm

Grooming > Dirty fluffy butts

Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 3:29am PST 
I just do it when the hair looks a little long or she seems to be scooting. I think if she doesn't feel completely clean on the rear it seems to increase the scooting.....EWWW!!red face
Her fur (well, hair in her case) grows very fast so I guess on average 2-3 weeks between full cuts.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 27 10:46 am

Grooming > Dirty fluffy butts

Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Tue Jul 26, '11 3:51pm PST 
Mom gives me a "hygiene cut" from time to time. That's a nice way to say she shaves my heiney and makes sure my other personal area doesn't get yucky.
Sometimes groomers will do this between full cuts, too!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 27 10:46 am

Grooming > Do all groomers do this?

Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 11:01am PST 
If you really, really liked the groomer, I would ask them why on earth would they have a "death waiver"?
Sometimes in our litigous society, people put hold harmless on way to many things. To me, they either fall into the category of it being a lousy lawyer set up their forms or there was a reason for it (i.e., a pet died in their care). I'd take it from there.way to go
BTW-If it's mandatory to sign, I would NEVER go back there!shock
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 5:04 pm

Grooming > Tear Stains
Angel/Little- Dog

Barked: Sun Jul 17, '11 10:47am PST 
The staining is due to the protein in his tears. If he has watery eyes for any reason, it will be more pronounced.
You can use a warm washcloth to wipe the eyes and use Angel Eyes once he is over a year. Until then you can try a little peroxide on the warm wash cloth, just be very, very careful not to get it in the eyes.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 2:15 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.