Postings by Mr. Pibbs *CGC*

GO!

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > pitbulls are not bad dogs
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 11:51am PST 
Mr. Pibbs is very DA but not a speck of HA. His love for everyone is a bit embarrassing at times as he likes to "call them" over.
Keira is 100% correct in stating that pits were bred to be human friendly. In the ring (bull baiting is where they got there start way back when) the dogs HAD to have a temperment that allowed the humans to handle them.
The term "pit bull" is a generic name that encompasses many breeds that are a mixture of breeds such as the Am Staff, Mastiff, Bull dogs (mostly American), Boxers, etc.
Pits are not for everybody but to label them as bad or evil in general is wrong altogether just as it is incorrect to believe every pit is the most wonderful, gentle dog there is.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Keira, Apr 9 9:30 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Telling a lie weighing me down
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 4:52pm PST 
I agree with the others. You are not lying and really what benefit would it be to share all of the details? It was obvious how heavy your heart was when all of that happened.
You did so much to help him but sometimes all of the help in the world just isn't enough to fix something that isn't fixable.
Unless you feel that it would make YOU feel better to share the whole story, please don't feel any guilt, shame or obligation to discuss something so incredibly painful for you.
Prayers for peaceful feelings for you.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mikey, Feb 23 9:12 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Dog rescued from icy lake bites Denver anchor woman in face

Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Mon Feb 13, '12 12:36pm PST 
I can't believe I'm going to share this....
red face
I feel bad for the anchor but she did a very, very dumb thing. Sometimes people who KNOW better still don't think some times. Ahemmm, like me today at work. Had a new little shihtzue, about 1 1/2 yrs old who thought I was the one who took his fecal sample. Dog was great (after the growl) through the exam. At the end, he's giving the vet kisses, the grandson, grandma and grandpa kisses. Grandma (who I adore) says to the dog "give Amy smooches". I said "can I have a smooch?", looked at his eyes and stepped back. To late! I now have a slight toothmark on my upper lip and the bottom lip was bruised.
Yep, I know better but didn't use good judgement!
The good thing is that the 7 year old grandson saw the incident and now believes to not stick your face in a strange dogs.way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Kovu, Apr 1 8:07 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > McDonalds Ad...

Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Tue Feb 7, '12 4:28pm PST 
Well now, petting a pit CAN be dangerous. Poor Mr. Pibbs whacked somebody with his happy tail while being petted recently. Scary, huh?wink
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Fa la la la Luce!, Feb 8 12:15 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Spot Remover

Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Sun Feb 5, '12 3:39pm PST 
My favorite product right now is "Simple Green" pet stain and odor remover.
Nature's Miracle I also really liked but hubby hated the smell!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mr. Pibbs *CGC*, Feb 5 3:39 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How to begin training stray Bully Breed Mix
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 12:30pm PST 
Thank you for the info. I forgot to ask....is he more on the 26 lb. side or the 50 lb?
I will be talking to my friend tomorrow (Sunday, Jan 15) and would love to point Brutus out!big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ryder, Jan 14 11:56 pm

Dog Health > HELP!!! Need advice on 3 week old puppy!

Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 12:20pm PST 
Pibbs was 3 weeks when he came to me.
Are the ears fully opened?
If possible, get him to a vet right away for an evaluation. It is very important to keep him warm (heating pad set on low under the box is great) as a 3 week old doesn't regulate his body heat yet.
Taking him to the vet works twofold. Overall check up and it shows you haven't done anything illegal in assuming responsibility for the pup. Chances are better than not that this pup most likely has parasitic intestinal worms. Not an uncommon thing in any pup but since the "breeder" is less than desirable, I'd bet the living conditions aren't the cleanest.
The biggest thing to watch out for is dehydration. I would buy the highest quality canned food you can afford and mix it in with puppy milk replacer. He may be a bit old for the bottle and it may pose a choking hazard if he were to chew off the nipple. I would only get the bottle if he doesn't lap up the food/liquid.
Feed him several small meals a day. Puppies at this age also do not regulate their glucose levels yet.
Best of luck to you and even though it isn't under the best of circumstance, congrats on your new addition!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jan 15 7:43 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > going to court about Bruno

Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 4:16am PST 
Beauregard-The problem is that Bruno and Maggie were involved in chasing and nipping the sheep on the farmers property.
Bruno's person takes full responsibility for what happened and I think that is what will be in his favor at court.
It is sad what happened to Maggie but the farmer was protecting his animal. I'm just so glad she is okay.
[notify]
» There has since been 76 posts. Last posting by Sirius Padfoot Black, Mar 1 10:04 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How to begin training stray Bully Breed Mix

Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Wed Jan 11, '12 3:24am PST 
Brutus is a very handsome guy!

Pibbs goes nuts over the frisbee. He does the same gesture, like he is going to grab the frisbee (or eat my arm) when I reach for it. He just get's so excited he's actually just following my hand in anticipation of the throw!
Before we decided to keep Pibbs, I was terrified of pits. I think Turner is right that maybe it's the fact he's part pit that is scaring you. The media has done a great job of marking them as devil dogs just waiting to eat someone.shrug

BTW, do you know if he is good with other dogs? Neutered?
I have a friend looking to adopt another pit. He would give him an awesome home. He is both an animal trainer (bullies are his specialty!) and he's a lawyer by day.

Hope you have fun with Brutus. Pits are the most goofy, entertaining dogs I have ever met!way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ryder, Jan 14 11:56 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > going to court about Bruno
Mr. Pibbs- *CGC*

Snuggle up!

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 4:14pm PST 
Sorry I missed the part about them actually injuring the sheep. My original impression was that they just chased them.red face

Is there any way you could contact the farmer and inquire about the sheep? If he used a vet or had to buy any antibiotics, it may be a good idea to be proactive and offer to cover the costs incurred. It also allows you the chance to show how concerned and remorseful you are about the incident (and it's obvious to all of us that you really are).

Is Maggie still doing okay?
[notify]
» There has since been 96 posts. Last posting by Sirius Padfoot Black, Mar 1 10:04 am

(Page 1 of 24: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.