GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Shih Tzu > Shih Tzu Coat Types????
Wicket

Mom's little- Fluffer Muffin

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 7:50pm PST 
Wicket's hair is more cotton-y and not so silky and as a puppy, I thought his hair looked thinner (or less fluffy) compared to other Shih Tzu's that I saw pictures of but as he got older, his hair really filled out and now he's got the really thick hair that will just grow and grow but we keep him clipped so it never really gets long enough to be considered a "full coat".
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 7:50 pm

Shih Tzu > what size are you?
Wicket

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 7:48pm PST 
Wicket is now 17 months old and he weighs 9 lbs.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bleu, Jan 17 8:28 pm

Shih Tzu > Shihtzu shedding

Wicket

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 7:46pm PST 
Wicket doesn't "shed" normally when he's in a longer coat but when we have him groomed short, there's always a lot of shedding! When their hair is long, the long outer layer catches the shedding hair which usually you'll see when you brush him. When it's shorter, the hair falls and isn't caught. I hope that makes sense.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 7:46 pm

Shih Tzu > heart broken

Wicket

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '12 7:45pm PST 
I honestly don't know about the legalities of it but I do know that one of our great friends owns a salon and she brings her Yorkie with her all the time. Everyone loves having her around and I haven't heard anything about it being an issue. I hope that you get it straightened out and that she's allowed to come with you! Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 3 7:45 pm

Shih Tzu > Wicket turned 1 yesterday!

Wicket

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 2:50pm PST 
No, not on Pawdogs but am going to check it out now! Thanks for the belated bday wishes smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 23 2:50 pm

Shih Tzu > Wicket turned 1 yesterday!
Wicket

Barked: Sat Mar 24, '12 4:05pm PST 
Happy birthday to my beautiful little "Fluffer Muffin"! party He turned a whole year old yesterday. party It really doesn't seem like it's been that long but then again, it does because we're past all the "puppy behaviors", he knows his commands, is MUCH calmer (more of a couch potato really BOL!) but no matter how old he gets, he'll always be my baby. He's only been with us for nine months but I can't imagine life without him. snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 23 2:50 pm

Puppy Place > My puppy is 1 today !!

Wicket

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 8:41pm PST 
Happy belated birthday, Mayhem!! party

Hope he had a great day and has many more years of love and spoiledness coming his way! smile My Wicket turns 1 on the 23rd (day after tomorrow - yikes! Where's the time go?!) so I know how you feel about the passing puppy stage and getting past all the puppy moments, LOL. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mayhem, Mar 22 8:04 pm

Puppy Place > Getting a puppy for the first time! Advice?

Wicket

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 8:32pm PST 
If it were me, I would probably at least try to let him relieve himself when he arrives and try to find a little area that he could possibly stretch his legs and get a little activity out of him from being in the crate. A little water might not be a bad idea, either, depending on if he was given any during his flight. That might be hard to do at Midway or O'Hare, LOL (I am familiar with your area) but I think there are a few places at least nearby that you could do something quick like that. I think he'd be fine after that but if you do decide to just go straight home, don't be alarmed if he's messed in his crate. Puppies can't hold it that long. As for just being able to ride like that, I'm sure he'll be fine but flying in the plane and then the hour car drive home might leave him a little scared/nerved up so just give him his space until he feels comfortable enough to come out of his shell.

Puppies are shipped all the time (I've never done this but I do know lots of people do it) and it will be fine, just have a little patience and it'll all be great in the end. smile

I don't care what color he is so I'm not getting in on that (I honestly don't know anything about his breed lol) but I just wanted to say congratulations on your new upcoming addition! April's going to take forever now that you're in the "waiting period" but it'll be worth it! I remember I had to wait almost 2 weeks for Wicket to come home and that 2 weeks felt like months, BOL! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 24 10:16 am

Puppy Place > Hurley is Home!

Wicket

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 8:25pm PST 
I just wanted to chime in with everyone else and tell you that Hurley is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your new addition, he's so beautiful and I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun times together in the future! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 21 8:25 pm

Puppy Place > Why does EVERYONE want Female puppies???
Wicket

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '12 2:35pm PST 
When I was looking for a Shih Tzu, I actually wanted a male. I guess the only reason why is because I've never had a female. Also, in my experience, male Shih Tzus are even more affectionate than females.

That being said, I do eventually (key word: eventually...as in not for a few years, BOL!) want a female. I don't want to breed (there's no way - I can honestly admit I don't know nearly enough to even think about taking that on!) but I've always wanted a male and female Shih Tzu. Of course, when I'm ready to begin looking, I won't totally discount males if I happen to see the "perfect" boy out there. smile

I do think that a lot of people get females because they ignorantly believe that they might breed her someday. naughty I've read that so many times, it makes me sick because in most cases, the person in question doesn't have the slightest clue about how to do so responsibly.
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , Mar 21 9:43 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.