GO!

Sports & Agility > One HIP Wonder=Agility

Porter CL1-R- CL1-F

Mine!

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 12:50am PST 
No FHO, but a broken pelvis almost 4 years ago for Porter (regular vet and first consult were insistent he would need surgery, third opinion was of the no-surgery option). He is still going strong and although he no longer competes (serious stress issues), he loves to play the game and I think that my knowledge of canine conditioning has kept him in the form he is in today.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 9:08 pm

Dog Health > Milky/cloudy pupil
Porter CL1-R- CL1-F

Mine!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 7:45am PST 
Forgot that Dogster deleted my dogs so I had to re-add them :/ this Porter is the OP.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 7:45 am

Dog Health > Milky/cloudy pupil

Porter CL1-R- CL1-F

Mine!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 6:48am PST 
Well after seeing two opthamologists (the first one said the only option was surgery to fix it and that it was genetic and the other eye would be the same in a few months - I opted for a second opinion) it was determined that it was a cataract from an injury. I just keep an eye on him and watch for a reaction to the cataract, but after all this time he is still fine. His vision is nearly gone in that eye, but that doesn't stop him, although he is no longer allowed to run with the girls after balls as he just body checks them if they are on the blind side. He still plays backyard agility and lives a happy life and most people who meet him are shocked to hear that he can't see on the one side (his other eye still has normal vision all this time later).
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 7:45 am

Behavior & Training > How to discourage "talking"?

Porter CL1-R- CL1-F

Mine!

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 1:20pm PST 
Porter is so noisy...he grumbles and mumbles, and like you my family encouraged it. I used to have him doing it only on command...but not anymore (I called it "Timmy" - think Lassie and Timmy in a well lol!). Now he babbles all the time and it drives me insane. I have been just ignoring it and then when he gets bored and loses interest and is quiet I reward it. It seems to be helping...only been working on it a week or so though, so no real results as of yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 24 2:05 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.