Postings by Princess

GO!

Choosing the Right Dog > APBT Noses...

Princess

The most lovable- dog in the- world.

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 5:24pm PST 
Alva beat me to it. Good job. applause

To repeat everything that's probably been said and beat that dead horse, a nose color is really just a nose color. There's a breeding line called old family red nose (or something like that, someone has probably mentioned it by now) but beyond that a pit bull is not recognized for his nose. There are terms (red nose, blue nose) but the nose color has nothing to do with the "type" of pit bull or whether he or she would be an ideal working dog or not.

Blue noses are not black. Blue is a bit lighter than black and recognizable when you see it.

I'm going to use my sister's dogs as examples here, as I know she wouldn't mind.

You can see the differences in nose color between them and Lilo.

Should always be remembered that a nose color is literally... just a nose color. Anyone selling a pit bull (or any bully, really) for a higher price than their other puppies based on nose color alone is probably a bad breeder. Likewise, anyone who even feels it necessary to mention nose color is probably not trustworthy. And it should also be noted that they are not terms to describe a type of pit bull. A dog who is red is not automatically a red nose, nor is a blue dog automatically blue nose.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Angel, Feb 10 11:30 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > So... does the term "Pit Bull" offend some of you pit owners?...
Princess

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 11:43am PST 
Daddy's right. The only difference between the American Staffordshire terrier and the American pit bull terrier is all aesthetic. The are, actually, essentially one in the same. The AKC refused to register American pit bull terriers as they did not want to be associated with dog fighting. However, when the popularity of the breed began to rise, they began registering the breed under a different name. The American Staffordshire terrier. Even today, many pit bulls are dual registered with both the AKC and UKC, recognized as both pit bulls and Am staffs. The only real difference is that the American pit bull is often bred to fit the working dog look, even if not a working dog. Slim, muscular, smaller than the Am staff. The Am staff is bred to fit the show dog look. Bigger, muscular, a bit more... rounded? Not sure that's the word I'm looking for, but something like that. So, yeah, it confuses me when people get offended regarding the confusion between the two. If they knew a lick about their dog's history, they would know that it's not an insult at all.

I never get offended at the term "pit bull". There are much worse things one could call my dog. Pit bulls are people dogs. Always have been. Even in the past, they were bred to be as people friendly as possible. For the work they, sadly, had to do - they had to be people oriented. Even now, however, most pet pit bulls fit the bill. Big ol' (or small, rather, since 35 lbs is not unheard of!) lugs that want nothing more than to cuddle their owner or romp around the yard chasing a ball. Lilo was a pit bull. Princess is a pit bull mix. And I'm not offended by that. That would be just silly.

dog
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:42 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good kibble toppers for weight gain?

Princess

Barked: Wed Jul 20, '11 11:05am PST 
Cooked food did the job for Princess. Just some meat and rice or even just meat. Canned food will work, too. Just a spoonful or two on top of the kibble should do it.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tanuk CGC , Jul 24 7:21 am

Puppy Place > what does have white markings on their chest

Princess

Barked: Tue Apr 26, '11 1:53pm PST 
Loads of mutts.

I've seen it on pit bulls a lot, too. Both Princess and Lilo have a white crest on their chest.

I've seen it on labs a lot, as well.

Mostly mutts, though.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Steele, May 1 7:27 am

Puppy Place > What breed(s) of dogs does he look like?

Princess

Barked: Sat Apr 23, '11 2:58pm PST 
It's okay. I have trouble getting decent quality pictures of some of my dogs... so, for the longest time, Sandy only had three pictures when she was a pup. laugh out loud

Hmm, I'm still kind of seeing the Jack Russell Terrier. And/or maybe toy fox terrier? I'm not quite sure about that one, though.

There's something else I'm seeing that I can't quite put my finger on, though. It will probably come to me later. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Apr 27 12:47 pm

Puppy Place > loose skin
Princess

Barked: Thu Apr 21, '11 3:15pm PST 
Many of the bully breed dogs I've known had a lot of loose skin on their necks as puppies. Princess did for a long time, too. I'm fairly certain it's normal.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Paislee, Apr 22 4:50 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > is my puppy part pitbull?

Princess

Barked: Tue Apr 19, '11 4:43pm PST 
He definitely has something "bully" in there, but it will be a lot easier to tell if it's APBT when he's older.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mr. Pibbs *CGC*, May 24 3:19 pm

Puppy Place > What breed(s) of dogs does he look like?

Princess

Barked: Tue Apr 19, '11 4:38pm PST 
Do you have any better pictures of him? He's a bit hard to see in the two you have on your profile. Judging by only those two, I'd have to say JRT is a pretty good guess.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Apr 27 12:47 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.