GO!

(Page 1 of 244: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Puppy Place > New Puppy!!
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 9:24pm PST 
Haven't been around in a while, but I just saw about your puppy! You're going to have so much fun with him puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , May 30 6:34 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 11:54pm PST 
Haven't been around much, so I just heard the news via Facebook. I stay in touch with a few people by FB, but losing this community and all its knowledge is really sad.
[notify]
» There has since been 1584 posts. Last posting by , Thu 7:02 pm

Plus Contests > Halloween/Harvest Photo Contest

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 3:01pm PST 
1st place in the non-pup category goes to Lucas for Fiery Skipper!

2nd place in the non-pup category goes to Nitro for Autumn Sunset!

3rd place in the non-pup category goes to Flicka for Pokeweed!

1st place in the pup category goes to Rigby for Poe Moment!

2nd place in the pup category goes to Missy for Witchy Poo!

3rd place in the pup category goes to Cobain for Big Butt!

Congratulations to everyone on the great photos! Enjoy the last days of fall!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 12:27 pm

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 5:16pm PST 
Great pictures, everyone! I'll try to post results within the next couple days.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 12:27 pm

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 9:17am PST 
Sorry, haven't been on in a few days. I prefer the natural pictures myself, but since it's just a contest for fun, I figure people should enter any kind of pictures they like.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 12:27 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 9:15am PST 
Toto is gone? cry Her posts have always been so helpful. I considered her one of the most knowledgeable people on this site.

Dogster is really going downhill confused
[notify]
» There has since been 2876 posts. Last posting by , Thu 7:02 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there anything to the dominant/submissive theory?

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 9:04am PST 
Czarka, I'm not quite sure what you mean in reference to my post. I don't view dominance as "I want to be in charge and therefore have no interest in doing what you want". My GSD is also a very eager to please dog, but I still consider him to be a dominant type dog overall. I don't see the two things as being mutually exclusive. As in healthy any relationship there's a certain amount of give and take; I expect him to do what I need him to do, but I still allow him many choices and freedoms.

As I said in my last post, which I think is along the same lines as what you're saying, most of the dogs that get labeled as dominant haven't been trained correctly and/or are acting out of fear. I don't think every dog/breed is as eager to please as your average GSD, but I don't think that's necessarily directly related to dominance either.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Oct 31 10:11 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Back from a long hiatus... what's with the spambots?!?!

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 3:03pm PST 
Beasley hughug

We appreciate all your hard work flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 1:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > Live food

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 2:59pm PST 
I don't think you offended anyone; I thought it was pretty clear what you were asking anyway. It's just a subject that people feel passionately about so the answers may have seemed a little heated.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 3 10:37 pm

Behavior & Training > I'm pretty sure this is NOT how to bike with your do--thoughts?
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 2:54pm PST 
Oh he can and will go all day long. A 30 minute off lead hike doesn't exhaust him physically, it just gives him enough mental stimulation for a while (it helps that he has a great off switch in the house and knows how to settle). 30 minutes is the bare minimum on days when I don't have time to do more. If I exhaust him physically but haven't worked his mind, as soon as he recovers the energy, he'll want to go out again. Point being, as Gus said, it's important not to overlook the mental side of exercising a dog because it can actually have longer lasting effects and many breeds need to work their minds to really be satisfied.

The point about building the animal's stamina is a good one. I saw a Q&A on a weighted vest where the owner of a GSD wanted a way to tire out the dog so it would behave better and was hoping the weights were a good solution. The answer was basically it'll work at first, but you'll eventually create a dog that needs tons of exercise because it'll be in really good condition. Exercise definitely needs to be paired with appropriate training and not just used as a cure-all.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 23 2:54 pm

(Page 1 of 244: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.