GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Behavior & Training > Guarding my bedroom and bed...Help!
Cookie

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 4:28pm PST 
Yes the bedroom seems to be the only place he is territorial of (well other than his food and toys). He used to sleep on the floor in his dog bed and anytime someone came into the room (only when I am in there of course) he would attack. He just made it into my bed a few months ago and started attacking from the bed. I like him in my room at night just in case he needs to go out. I wouldn't hear him at the door if he was banned from my room. He definitely sees me as the only aplha in the house. The ranking order is Me, him, husband, then 2 sons. I guess I will ban him from the bed and if he continues with guarding from his dog bed on the floor then he will go in a crate in my room.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 7:50 am

Behavior & Training > Guarding my bedroom and bed...Help!
Cookie

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 2:50pm PST 
My 3 yeard old Shih Poo hase developed a habit of guarding my bedroom. If he and I are in there and someone from the family tries to come in he will lunge at the door and try to bite them. He recently bit my 13 year old when Cookie was on the bed. My son walked up to my bed, Cookie lunged and bit him in the arm. I dont know how to stop this behavior. As soon as he did it we scolded him loudly and forced him off the bed. He knew he was in big trouble. We thought he may have gotten the message but did it again to my other son. He also tries to attack my husband when he gets in bed with me at night. What do I do?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 7:50 am

Small Dogs > Angel eyes not working?

Cookie

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '14 1:39pm PST 
Has anyone had any luck using "Angel Eyes"? I've been giving it to my shih poo for about a month now 1/2 of scoop and it hasn't done anything. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 5 6:33 pm

Behavior & Training > What do you make of this behavior?

Cookie

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 2:44pm PST 
He will jump up and down like a maniac and his tails wags. Once the person comes in he sounds and acts so vicious but only wants to sniff them. After a few seconds of sniffing he goes on his merry way. LOL ONce they leave he follows them to the door quietly and as soon as they open the door.....all the same thing happens again.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 22 5:44 am

Behavior & Training > What do you make of this behavior?

Cookie

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 7:22am PST 
My Shih Poo goes ballistic when someone comes to the door. He also goes ballistic when someone leaves. I understand him wanting to be scary when someone is at the door but why does he start going ballistic when anyone walks out? As soon as they open the door to leave he is a barking crazy dog jumping up and down at the door. He'll even do it when I drop my so off at school. As soon as my son gets out of the car and shuts the door he will go crazy.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 5:44 am

Dog Health > Losing small clumps of hair and I'm a non shedding breed?
Cookie

Barked: Fri May 3, '13 6:27am PST 
Cookie is a mix with Shih tzu and poodle. He has never shed before and all of a sudden the past few days I am finding little clumps of his fur on the carpets in my house. He is getting groomed today thankfully, does anyone have a non shedding breed that does this? His hair is more shih tzu type, soft and straight. Help!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 6 2:13 pm

Dog Health > Can't get Interceptor...now what?

Cookie

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 10:16am PST 
My dog was on Interceptor but now its' not available anymore. Whats the next best thing at a similar cost?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 23 4:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > Is it safe to give my pooch coconut oil?

Cookie

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 5:43am PST 
I really rely on all you here because you are all a wealth of knowledge. I have given Cookie some coconut oil because he wuvs it so much. I started mixing a tiny bit into his morning bowl to make it more appealing. Does anyone else give their pooch coconut oil?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 2 12:50 am

Food & Nutrition > Changed food now gas :(

Cookie

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 4:47am PST 
Started Cookie on TOTW. Then there was a huge recall and couldn't get it. Switched him to Earthborn Holistics (grain free) and he did good on it. Didn't love it but ate it without any problems. Recently I decided to try to go back to TOTW because it was less expensive and the store closer to me carried it but not Earthborn Holistics. He did not like TOTW this time and just wouldn't eat it. Because EH is only sold at a store farther away from me I decided to try something different at my close feed store. The employee recommended By Nature (grain free). I tried it, he likes it but now he has gas. He burps a lot and he toots some pretty stinky toots. Now what??? Will he get used to it and the gas will go away or is it pretty much going to stay that way? I did introduce it gradually and his poops are still firm. Do you have a suggestion for a food that doesn't cause gas?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 8:57 am

Behavior & Training > Cookie pee'd in my bed :*(
Cookie

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 9:36am PST 
Cookie has an appt to see the Vet tomorrow. I hope your all right and it is a urinary track infection. That seems like an easy fix!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 13 9:36 am

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.