GO!

(Page 1 of 44: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Jan 29, '14 2:04pm PST 
Jax, I really appreciated your comment. Some of us are trying really hard to make an effort and get things on this website to be how everyone wants. I don't want this community to drift apart, but it might not be avoidable. p4p isn't perfect, or even remotely close to what Dogster was. I don't think any site ever will be. I'm hoping that my repeated suggestions about there being no liking at all will get through to them. And also NO human profiles and other aspects. Who knows if they'll listen.

Teddy, Hanna, and Hucky - I'm glad you guys are giving it a try. I think a community isn't about what features are or aren't on a site, I think it's about the people who are on it. I understand privacy issues and blatant Facebook features are a bit too much for some people and I don't blame them, but I think we can possibly have a great community on p4p, and I'm willing to give that a shot. The final product of the site is where we can really get a feel, and I know that statement bothers people - but the site isn't even done. That's just the reality.

Tiller, if you ever find a better site, I'm there as well. None of us want to lose out on the wisdom you, Toto, and many others brought to this site. So if you all find a forum you feel like can be what Dogster was (or at least reminiscent of it), I really want to get those emails as well!

hug for everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 98 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Mon Jan 27, '14 5:08pm PST 
I'm sorry you feel that way, Toto.. I'm not getting any pmails on here if that counts for anything, and I'm trying to carry over everyone's suggestions to the p4p people, whether on their front page, or into their inbox. I'm giving p4p a try because no other sites are really popping up right now in this thread.. All I honestly want, and I thought it was what everyone wanted, was for all of us to migrate to some other site and participate in a new forum. Maybe that will happen, maybe not..

I'm not seeing where all of the negativity is though. Some of us are giving p4p a try and others aren't. I don't know why it's "disturbing" to see what a website has to offer after it's fully been created. It's clear to everyone that the site isn't finished yet, so there are only promises of things to come because it's just not finished yet.. It might still not be great, oh well. But it's not done, and the forum might be usable once they have it set up. I don't see where there's a clique either. Am I missing something? We're all a bunch of people who love dogs, are depressed about this site closing down, and want something new to go to. I feel like everyone is in the same boat.
[notify]
» There has since been 137 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Mon Jan 27, '14 3:34pm PST 
I'm being a squeaky wheel over on the p4p facebook, Tiller. Not sure if it's going to work or not, but I said we do NOT wanting the liking feature. Especially in the forums.
[notify]
» There has since been 148 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 3:13pm PST 
I think when the site is launched we can get a better feel of how the final product will be! dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 178 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 1:36pm PST 
We all mainly hang out in the forums here, so I'm very interested to see how the forum plays out. The feed on the front page doesn't bother me at all. I never really looked at the front page of Dogster either.
[notify]
» There has since been 183 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sun Jan 26, '14 1:04pm PST 
I'm liking the site much better as I see the pet pages take shape, and now that I'm seen only by my dog's name. I think if the forum shapes up and has great topics, it has a lot of potential. I think new people (people in need of education) might even be attracted to the familiar look of the site. Seeing as how it has elements similar to facebook, which I know a lot of people here dislike. But I see a lot of room for customization, improving privacy, and also potential in the forum. Posting is easier in my opinion there than here. I hope a lot of people don't give up on it too early...
[notify]
» There has since been 188 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sat Jan 25, '14 1:20pm PST 
I complained directly on the facebook for pets4pals about it not even being optional to show your actual name. I was stupid enough to type it in for the sign up, thinking my username "Gunther" would be what was shone. Nope, it's my name. I use my name elsewhere, as I'm an artist online, that's not the point. It's just the fact that on a pet forum you have to use your name. I guess I should have been smart enough to put "Gunther Tzu" !!
[notify]
» There has since been 220 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 3:58pm PST 
hamster dance Things are looking hopeful! hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 258 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Thu Jan 23, '14 7:01am PST 
Toto, I'm on Facebook, and this thread is still more informative than those groups. Maybe I'm at the wrong group? I'm on Dogster Buddies and it's basically a bunch of us commenting on pictures of people's dogs right now...
[notify]
» There has since been 281 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Wed Jan 22, '14 3:38am PST 
I'm pending approval on the forum. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 320 posts. Last posting by , Feb 19 10:27 pm

(Page 1 of 44: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.