Postings by Peto

GO!

Dog Health > pigeon toed=bad hips?

Peto

Peto McFatty

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 1:50pm PST 
Peto will be turning 7 and he is pigeon toed (both back legs) and has been his entire life. I asked the vet about it when I first rescued him (I knew the previous owner so that's how I knew he had it from a puppy) and she said to keep an eye on him as he gets older- but every exam he gets they all say he has excellent ROM in both hips! Peto is a 90lb Malamute mix.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Peto, Dec 29 1:50 pm

Raw Food Diet > Whole prey question
Peto

Peto McFatty

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '12 1:39pm PST 
I know this may sound like a dumb question, but where do you guys get whole prey from (such as quail, duck, rabbit...)?

I would love to do that for my guys, but not too sure where to start.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Reagan, Apr 28 8:05 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?

Peto

Peto McFatty

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '12 7:17pm PST 
Haha wolfdogs. laugh out loud

I would have to say the new Blue Bay Shepherd as well as ANCD's. Both awesome in looks and temperament!
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > How big is your Malamute?

Peto

Peto McFatty

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '12 4:21pm PST 
Haha, since my last post another mal came into work last Thursday for a groom and check ears. He topped the scales at a whopping 154lbs! He was as tall as (or possibly taller) then my boy at 32 inches- Of course I don't know the lineage of this dog, but he too looked like a pure mal. And he was the SWEETEST doof ever! But of course being that large and I am sure not coming from the best lines- his hips are a mess at 5 yrs old. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Mar 27 12:35 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > How big is your Malamute?

Peto

Peto McFatty

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 5:10pm PST 
I have a mostly Mal boy that is about 92lbs and 32 inches.

There are 2 Mals (unrelated as far as I know) that come into my work. A beautiful black/white that runs between 130-135 (not fat) and a *slightly* overweight older boy that came in a few week ago and he weighed in at 140! Our scale is quite accurate (we test it often) and I couldn't see anything else in those boys. Safe to say they were all Mal.

We do have a couple others that are more average sized, that run around 80ish lbs. No females though! All males, lol!

And that "wolfdog" breeder...gah, don't even get me started! Those poor dogs!!!!! frown
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Mar 27 12:35 pm

Raw Food Diet > Half raw food diet
Peto

Peto McFatty

Barked: Sat Sep 24, '11 9:36am PST 
I also feed kibble in the AM and raw in the PM as that what works for me.
As long as they have plenty of time to digest in between (raw and kibble/cooked should not be fed together/same meal as they digest at different rates and can cause tummy issues) it should be good.

I would love to feed strictly raw, but it gets to be too much with multiple animals and a crazy work schedule. I also will admit...I frequently forget to take their meals and thaw them ahead of time! lol
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Mia aka baby-girl, Sep 28 4:41 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Wolfdogs

Peto

Peto McFatty

Barked: Thu Jul 14, '11 4:08pm PST 
Oh and for a good comparison- Reagan is a MID CONTENT. No, not all mids are going to look like this (as it can be further broken down into lower mid, mid/mid and upper mid), but this can give you an idea of at least physical traits. Peto is my special boy low- a good example of an off-standard "wolfy" low. I am making a point here to call him a low for educational purposes...to show what a true low content may look like. Monty is a MID CONTENT.

Now compare them and your guys. Then compare all of them to Loki (HC) and Selene (HC) who posted previously in this topic.

The differences are amazing.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Reagan, Jul 16 7:50 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.