Postings by Maluko, RAE, AX, AXJ, NF, NW1,

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Sports & Agility > We got our first Q!
Maluko, RAE,- AX, AXJ, NF,- NW1,

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 7:26am PST 
Congrats on the first Q. I still remember how surreal it felt when we got our first! It will just be the start of many more to come! applause
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Jan 24 10:53 am

Sports & Agility > Rally Advanced Excellent (RAE) title

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '12 11:32am PST 
Thank you everyone!

I am very proud of Maluko and what we achieved together. Not only did she achieve RAE in just a year's time, she qualified for every trials except one (where I messed up) along the way. And we even managed to do more than just Rally in that time frame, she made good progress in Agility, earning her Novice Agility (NA) and Novice Agility Jumper (NAJ) titles in 2 trial weekends and recently earned her Nosework Level 1 (NW1).

What I am mostly proud of is that we do all this with all positive reinforcement based training. We both have fun and that is what matters most!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maluko, RAE, AX, AXJ, NF, NW1,, Nov 23 11:32 am

Sports & Agility > Rally Advanced Excellent (RAE) title

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 8:50pm PST 
Maluko earned her Rally Advanced Excellent (RAE) title on Sunday at the Whidbey Island Kennel Club show in Monroe, WA with scores in the 90s.

It was exactly a year ago at the very same show that we entered our first Rally trial - first time for both of us ever competing in anything.

Her qualifying and placement at the trial opened up a new world to us, showing me that we could accomplish a lot more than what I thought possible. Ever since then, we have tried Agility, Nosework, swimming, lure coursing and thoroughly enjoyed our time together.

Maluko was my first dog and came to me at almost 5 years old. She will be 7 years old later this month and has shown me the versatility of a Shiba Inu.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maluko, RAE, AX, AXJ, NF, NW1,, Nov 23 11:32 am

Sports & Agility > My Dogs Smell/Sniff :)

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 8:47am PST 
Maluko (San Jo Chaka Khan RE, NA, NAJ, CGC, NW1) earned her Nosework Level 1 (NW1) title on 11/4/2012, becoming the 4th Shiba that ever earned this title.

Maluko with her NW1 title ribbon

She had a blast searching for odor in all 4 elements - exterior, vehicles, container and interior and I held up my end of the bargain as a team - trusting my dog's nose, calling out "alert" loudly and confidently when I noticed her change of behavior when she searched (None of the hides were visible, so you really need to trust your dog and be able to tell when they found it).

Maluko ranked #4 overall in terms of search time among 30+ dogs entered that day. She is a steady and methodical searcher!

Koji's Nosework 101 class clip

For anyone that is new to the sports of Nosework, check out this video of my boy Koji when he first started classes, which was a little over a year ago. He was having a blast and loved the game. The search in the video was very simple, but you can see his enthusiasm and joy.

Nosework is great to keep the dog's mind working, building up confidence and helping you learn more about working with your dog. You can find out more about Nosework here, http://www.k9nosework.com/
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Nov 6 3:44 pm

Sports & Agility > Rally Brag

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 9:14am PST 
Congratulations to getting the leg and placement!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maluko, RAE, AX, AXJ, NF, NW1,, Oct 2 9:14 am

Sports & Agility > Coursing Ability Test

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 12:36pm PST 
Just make sure you have water, shelter to keep your dog comfortable before his or her run. Potty your dog before the run as they usually get very excited chasing the lure and may feel the urge to pee or poop in the middle of the run.

Massage and help your dog stretch a bit before the run as a warm up. Keep your dog in a crate before its run, so your dog can rest. Stay a bit farther away from the coursing field as yours may get overly excited and tire himself out.

Also walk your dog around after his run to help him cool down before you put him away.

And last but not least, enjoy!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Forest AAD AX AXJ CA CGC, Jul 22 2:55 pm

Shiba Inu > Happy 6th Birthday Tetsuya!

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 10:22pm PST 
Happy Birthday, Tetsuya!

May you and your human have many happy years together!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tetsuya, Jul 26 9:05 pm

Sports & Agility > Rally Advance Title

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 5:24pm PST 
Congrats!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC, Jun 20 5:32 pm

Sports & Agility > Rally Novice Title

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '12 3:15pm PST 
Congratulations to you and your dogs on the new title and placements!

Rally is a lot of fun and I love the fact that you are encouraged to talk and interact with your dog throughout the course.

Hope to hear more about your progress in the near future!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maluko, RAE, AX, AXJ, NF, NW1,, Jun 5 3:15 pm

Shiba Inu > Koji Earned Coursing Ability (CA) title

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '12 9:56pm PST 
@Jasmine

Thank you. I enjoy training with both of my Shibas. Maluko is my first dog ever and it will be our 2 year anniversary this coming August. I got Koji 4 month after Maluko. They have totally different personalities and drives, but both have far exceeded my expectations so far.

I want to encourage all Shiba owners to consider doing more with their really intelligent dogs. I was a complete newbie and knew nothing about living with and training a dog until I got my own in Aug 2010, but the whole learning process is very rewarding.

I am actively training for Agility with Koji now and can't wait for the day we start trialing. He is a very fun dog to work with.

My other dog, Maluko, is mellow and has lower energy. I take her to Agility classes to keep her active. We will keep training and playing, but competing in Agility with her is more of a long term goal. She may not be ready as fast as Koji, but she never ceases to amaze me with her capacity to learn.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maluko, RAE, AX, AXJ, NF, NW1,, Apr 25 9:56 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.