Postings by Scarlet

GO!

Dog Health > Comfortis side effects?

Scarlet

Barked: Tue Mar 22, '11 3:35pm PST 
Likewise. Noxiously toxic. Don't quite understand how it ever got FDA approval because even the research supplied by the manufacturer to the FDA suggests there should be serious concerns ...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 19 5:02 pm

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !
Scarlet

Barked: Tue Mar 22, '11 3:23pm PST 
Hi - I would NEVER give my dog Comfortis again - and would suggest you think VERY carefully before trying it on yours. Even the safety research (which is very limited) given by the manufacturers in their application for approval, reports very high incidences of vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea and sedation. Dog-owner reviews all over the internet - and the reports to the FDA - list multiple, frequent, severe and sometimes permanent and fatal adverse reactions. Yes I'm sure it could kill every flea within a hundred meters but at the expense of killing your dog too? Scarlet, who has no health problems and wasn't on Ivermectin (which is a known toxic combination) or any other meds, took it with a full meal as recommended, but vomited for 24 hours, was massively over sedated to the point I could barely make her eyes open, ataxic, didn't eat or drink, her heart rate dropped to 42 and I honestly thought she was at death's door. These aren't uncommon reactions even when taken as recommended. Google various combinations of "comfortis" "reviews" "FDA" "privacy information" "side effects or adverse effects". And definitely don't even think about it if your dog has ever had seizures, pancreatitis, diabetes - in fact any health problems. Just because its an "organic" insecticide (also used in farming), doesn't mean "safe". Oh, and compare the dose that's been considered "safe" for human exposure....
[notify]
» There has since been 104 posts. Last posting by Chelsea, Sep 7 1:22 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.