GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Food & Nutrition > What Is Your Dog's Favorite Fruit/Vegetable?
Cookie Pela

Leaping Is My- Specialty!

Barked: Sat Nov 2, '13 3:26pm PST 
Cookie grabbed a runaway apple the other day and chewed on it for a while. I think she was mostly enjoying it as a "ball like object" and not a fruit, but she suffered no harm.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Nov 20 2:10 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Before your dog was rescued
Cookie Pela

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 6:55am PST 
Cookie was found in an apartment in a crate. The owners had apparently just moved out and left her there. She was hysterical. One condition of my adopting her was no crating, and since we had three other dogs, none crated...that was fine with me.

She is still a bit shy, but has come a long way. She gets panicky around new people, but allowing her the yard to "run it off" helps and regular walks and exercise have calmed her down a good bit. She can be handled by confident people, but needs a steady hand or she gets jumpy. She seems to sense solid handling and settles for it. I liked her from the beginning, but her heroic efforts to be a happy calm dog have won my love. She is a little hero.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 26 4:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Your dog/dogs best and worst breed-related trait?

Cookie Pela

Barked: Thu Feb 28, '13 9:19am PST 
Cookie: Hap, hap, happy ALL THE TIME! (good) No off switch. (bad)
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 1 7:25 am

Dog Health > Bailee has Lyme Disease...

Cookie Pela

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 11:43am PST 
Cookie has Lyme and it is my fault. When I adopted her, I failed to check that she had the vaccines that my other dogs have had. I just assumed she would. But she was a city dog and didn't get Lyme vaccine. She got Lyme and it showed up in a blood test. She took a months worth of doxycycline and will have to be checked regularly for increase in the condition.

But it doesn't seem to faze her at all, and fortunately she is able to keep the doxy down, which isn't always the case.

Hope it goes well for all those who have gotten this scary piece of news. Hopefully your pups will be as okay in spite of it as our little Cookie.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 9:21 am

Behavior & Training > My dog is perfect, but...

Cookie Pela

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 9:20am PST 
Cookie barks insanely at leaves and then runs over and looks all around...like "where did my enemy go!? He was right next to this leaf!"
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by , Sep 12 6:55 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed suggestions
Cookie Pela

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 11:40am PST 
Could back up the Cocker idea...Ours is from a rescue, and was a tense little thing at first, but really just bloomed when I gave her a chance to get enough exercise.

She is a very field type - I could easily see her being trained to any sort of physical activity. I am working on her for dock diving. She loves to fetch from water.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sep 13 1:16 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Do rescued dogs know they're rescued?

Cookie Pela

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '12 6:16am PST 
I think our Cookie knows. She is a gentle hearted little sweetie with a high energy need for play. I don't think she was getting what she needed and knows she has it good now. Plus, someone took the time to train her, but it must have been enforced with slaps.

I never slap a dog, and when she follows a command with strict obedience AND a cringe, I make sure she gets a lot of love and praise. She is growing in confidence all the time. I feel good and she feels good. It is a great reward.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Aug 24 10:51 pm

Sports & Agility > Doc Dog Potential?

Cookie Pela

Barked: Wed May 30, '12 8:17am PST 
She will already water fetch a toy. Her and Samoa love to do that. I am not sure either of them will go off a pier, but we will find out. Samoa is a mix...possibly Retriever/Aussie and he is very focused on the fetch, but can't get way out there on a jump because of a hinky rear leg.

Cookie is a water nut! And a fetch machine. I think she has the stuff. Our local lets each member sign up two dogs so I'm going to sign up Samoa and Cookie and pay the extra to sign up the others once we get more into it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 30 8:17 am

Cookie Pela

Barked: Wed May 30, '12 6:20am PST 
Cool! Cookie will surely do that! Around here the Dock Dogs all seem to be Labs and Chessies, but that is the large dog population. (Eastern Shore of Md.)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , May 30 8:17 am

Cookie Pela

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 8:01am PST 
Twister, you look just like our cousin Chopper!

And I will probably have more trouble getting Cookie out of the water than getting her into it. She likes to swim around...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 30 8:17 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.