Postings by Cosmic Isabel Roverandom

GO!

(Page 1 of 90: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I had to say goodbye to my big sis today.
Cosmic- Isabel- Roverandom

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '09 1:06pm PST 
NaNa, my whole pack is so sorry about Amber. But now she's cosmic like me and is watching over you. Cosmic hugs to you and your family.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cosmic Isabel Roverandom, Feb 15 1:06 pm

Food & Nutrition > Soft serve doggie poo?

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '07 11:54am PST 
Some foods are very rich. Innova and Wellness made me have runny poos, even when transitioning slowly. I had to stop eating those.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Toby, Jan 18 2:37 pm

Dog Health > Doggy Depression

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '07 7:45am PST 
That's okay Rosie. You know I loves ya!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sturgis, Dec 23 10:33 pm

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '07 7:44am PST 
Hey Dolly!wave
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sturgis, Dec 23 10:33 pm

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '07 7:11am PST 
I was a little depressed when Rosie came home. I was used to getting all the belly rubs, walks, toys, and love; especially because I spent the first year with my family dealing with bad separation anxiety. I was used to getting lots of personal care and training.

After Rosie came home I would sometimes mope a little. She was getting on the bed and sleeping with Dad, which I never really did. And she was horning in on my belly rubbin' time. But Dad made sure to spend lots of time with me. He would walk me without Rosie a lot so we could have special alone time. He would even take me to our store without Rosie since she was getting to go to doggy school without me. And if he got up in the middle of the night and Rosie was snugglin' on the bed he would find me and give me a big hug and a kiss on the head so I knew that I was still his special dog.

After a while, when Rosie and I became the super close Dynamic Duo that we are today, I was no longer depressed. I get plenty of belly rubbin' time without her, and she gets personal time too. Pretty much the only time we don't do something together is when one of us has to go get a checkup.

It can take a little time, but the moping will pass. Your humans should make room for extra personal time with you, giving you a little extra love. That was very comforting to me and let me know that, even though there was a new member of the family, I was still the very special Shellies and wasn't loved any less.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sturgis, Dec 23 10:33 pm

Food & Nutrition > Timberwolf ingredient changes....

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '07 4:51pm PST 
I'm sorry, but there's no way they had the wrong ingredients on the bags for two years. No way. There is also no way that the ingredients on the website always reflected the recipe that they say they have been using all this time. I have referred to it often over the years, including this past fall. They were unchanged at that time.

My theory is that they decided to use cheaper ingredients. When they realized that people were unhappy they made up the story about the bags, the website etc.

If the bag story is true then they have opened themselves up to a lawsuit that could very well mean the end of their company. Are they really that stupid?
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Akira Kahn, Mar 20 6:31 am

Dog Health > Advice needed! Badly broken toe nail.

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '07 4:35pm PST 
Glad to hear you got it taken care of, and hope you feel all better fast!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Daisy, Dec 11 11:41 am

Dog Health > Advice needed! Badly broken toe nail.

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Mon Dec 10, '07 10:45am PST 
I broke a nail pretty badly while we were on vacation a couple weeks ago. There was some bleeding, but it stopped pretty quickly. Dad put some Neosporin ointment on it and wrapped it. Then he put me in my life vest so I couldn't lick it. The next day we were lucky enough to get an appointment with the vet who comes down once a month. He took a look at it, quickly yanked off the remaining flap of skin that I didn't get off myself, and put me on a 10 day course of antibiotics to fight off infection (Keflex). But I didn't have to have it bandaged again. I did have to stay away from the beach most of the week though. He also said not to put anymore Neosporin on it since it being unbandaged would just attract dirt to the wound and probably hurt more.

Other than that, you should avoid running and going crazy if possible, and stay away from dusty/muddy/dirty situations until its had time to heal (at least 4-5 days). If you can't then a bandage or booty to keep the quick clean wouldn't be a bad idea.
If that's not an option you can gently pour distilled water over the nail and clean it with hydrogen peroxide when you come inside (our vet recommended that).
I would have your vet take a look at it just to confirm that it's not getting infected. They may want to put you on antibiotics. You can talk to the vet about that.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Daisy, Dec 11 11:41 am

Dog Health > Rescue Remedy - does it work for you?

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '07 7:20am PST 
I get RR before thunderstorms and I find it helps. Dad rubs a couple drops into the skin of one of my ear flops. Keep in mind that it should be given a couple hours before you need it to work so that if can be absorbed. We also get it before long car trips.

Something else to try might be Dog Appeasing Pheromonen(DAP). You can get it in a diffuser that you plug in, or get the spray and put it on a bandana that you wear. I haven't tried it for thunderstorms yet.

I had terrible separation anxiety when I was first adopted. After consulting with a behaviorist, my vet prescribed Clomicalm in combination with behavior training. It took about 10 months of training and medication to get comfortable with being left alone. After showing clear signs of being over it I started getting weaned off it. All told I think I took the medication for about 18 months. I had a major backslide after trying the generic version and had to go on buspar in addition to the clomicalm.

Clomicalm is very safe, non addictive, and has virually no side effects. Every once-in-a while I would have a soft poo, but that was it. It didn't change my personality or make me drowsy (the buspar did make me a little sleepy sometimes). It just helped take the edge off my anxiety while I worked on my training. Keep in mind that it WILL NOT cure your anxiety. It is a tool to use in conjunction with training. Also, it takes a couple weeks before it really starts to help (the effect is cumulative). Now I'm med free and have no problems. My only fears now are thunderstorms and going over water in a boat (the DAP helped with that a little).
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 2 7:59 am

Food & Nutrition > Grain Free Treats?

To Infinity and- Beyond!

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 6:21am PST 
*insert rolling eyes emoticon here*
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Isabel & Rosie:The Dynamic Duo, Nov 16 7:16 pm

(Page 1 of 90: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.