Postings by Ruger

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Small Dogs > I picked up a stray
Ruger

Gotta find the- squeaky toy.

Barked: Mon Jun 18, '12 12:00pm PST 
On Saturday I picked a Min Pin up on the side of the road. When I went to pick him up he snapped at me first. It took a few minutes of trying to get close to him before he let me pick him up. He is bone thin, I could feel his spine and hip bones poking out, so I know he wasn't being taken care of. His tail is docked but he ears haven't been cut.

He loves me, but my cousins tried petting him last night and he snapped at them. I was wondering what I could do to get him used to people.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 7 7:45 pm

Dog Health > Bi-Polar
Ruger

Barked: Fri Jan 20, '12 10:26pm PST 
Other than a tumor what else could be medically wrong? Tonight was the worst night, he actually hid in my closet away from the ceiling fan.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 20 11:17 pm

Dog Health > Bi-Polar

Ruger

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 6:40pm PST 
Ruger has been acting strangely. He sleeps down by my feet at night and lately he growls at me if I try to turn over but a few minutes later he'll be curled up by my side. He barks at the air conditioner when he's outside for a little bit and then runs when I try to bring him inside. I have to corral him into the house like it's a game. When he finally gets inside he runs into his crate like he's afraid of me. He's afraid of the ceiling fan. The other night it was turned on and he bolted from the room absolutely terrified. When I caught him he was shaking.

I don't know what to do. I'm at my wits end. Is there a possibility he's bi-polar?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 20 11:17 pm

Puppy Place > When did your puppies sleep through the night? REALLY sleep!

Ruger

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 12:12pm PST 
Ruger started sleeping through the night by about five months. Now he's gotten in the habit of waking up in the middle of the night like he's a couple months old. Usually when he does that I put him in his crate and there's never a mess.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Remington's Saturday Night Spe, Jan 12 12:37 pm

Puppy Place > Regression

Ruger

Barked: Fri Dec 2, '11 12:03pm PST 
I'm not sure why the food aggression started. He used to be fine sharing a bowl of food with my cousin's dog. I always fed him in his crate and left the crate open for both of them but lately he stands in front of it and snarls at Charlie if he comes near.

He also used to be good at sharing bully sticks but lately he's been hoarding those and trying to bury them so Charlie can't get them. If Charlie get's near him he growls.

As for NILIF I try but it's harder with Charlie there because its like he's getting disciplined too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Charlie Morgan Whitmore, Dec 3 10:34 am

Puppy Place > Regression
Ruger

Barked: Thu Dec 1, '11 10:08pm PST 
I should mention that I've been handraising a chihuahua since she was a day old. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but maybe.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Charlie Morgan Whitmore, Dec 3 10:34 am

Puppy Place > Regression

Ruger

Barked: Thu Dec 1, '11 9:42pm PST 
I'm getting a little frustrated. It seems like Ruger is regressing to his puppy stage. He'll be a year old on Christmas and he's not listening. He's started getting into the trash, something he hasn't done in almost six months. He's becoming food agressive and getting on counters.

I don't know what to do. Suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Charlie Morgan Whitmore, Dec 3 10:34 am

Grooming > Cutting Nails Nightmare

Ruger

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 2:11pm PST 
The easiest way to trim Ruger's nails is to let him lay down and chew on a bone. I used to try holding him down and he'd freak. He was probably six months old before he got his first trim. Massaging his feet helps out a lot too.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sabi, Oct 26 3:39 pm

Puppy Place > Lizzie is growing like a weed! Anyone want to make a breed guess?

Ruger

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 11:24am PST 
I think she's mixed with GSD. The same thing happened with Ruger. He was supposed to be a Chihuahua/Sheltie mix but instead is a GSD mix. He had short legs and then suddenly one day he looked part gazelle. He's about 30 lbs now at 9 months.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Lizzie, Nov 6 7:50 pm

Dog Health > ADHD/ADD in dogs
Ruger

Barked: Tue Oct 18, '11 1:00pm PST 
Ruger has ADHD. He's nine months old and races around the living room like a race track and the he'll stop suddenly and it's like "oh shiny!". It makes it hard for training because at class he can't concentrate and at home he has his best friend.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Jan 12 9:06 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.