GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Dog Health > Cost of euthanasia
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Wed Jul 10, '13 8:24pm PST 
I don't think the shelter here does it for people's pets. I wouldn't want to take her to a shelter anyway. In home would be nice but I'm sure that is twice as costly as going to a vet office. I don't want ashes or anything. Can't handle that.

To those of you who have gone through this. Did you just call up the vet and make an appointment like you would any other procedure? Or do you have a consultation first? My situation is not urgent but I know the time is coming and I don't want to be one of those people who felt like they waited too long.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 9:04 pm

Dog Health > Cost of euthanasia
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 9:05am PST 
Can someone give me a price range to have a small dog euthanized? I don't even have an idea and I just want to be prepared.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 9:04 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > how does one become a service dog?

H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Thu Jul 4, '13 12:43am PST 
I just want to point out that even though this particular case sounds like someone just trying to gain perks with their untrained pet, a lot of service dogs do DOG things when they are not on duty, such as jumping, barking, digging, etc.

If you've already accepted the dog as a pet I dunno if there is much you can do.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 12:43 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Laughing Eyes Kennels

H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Thu Jul 4, '13 12:33am PST 
Echo's handler would be able to answer all of these questions. In my search for a program I have been warned to stay away from LEK though.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 5 2:40 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > White Water rafting w/ Service Dog

H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 12:57am PST 
My first though was "bad idea!"
But is this something (non service)dogs typically can do with their owners?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 16 1:25 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Too much info patches
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 9:17pm PST 
I personally don't want strangers knowing my diagnosis, so my dog's vest does not disclose anything. Since my dog is a PSD I feel it would do more harm than good. However, perhaps it lessen the amount of questions some folks get, if it says right there on the patch what the dog is for?
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Apr 27 5:11 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > The Psychological Side Effects of non PSDs

H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 10:43am PST 
Sadie, Harley's post was from 09
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 17 12:13 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Freedom Design Harness/Vest- Modification

H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Sun Apr 14, '13 12:44am PST 
I never knew what was meant by "edging" either until this was just cleared up!
The freedom harness is stitched together completely around all the edges, so there is nothing unfinished about it.
Modifying it in the way described here is definitely cosmetic only.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 26 6:46 pm

Senior Dogs > When is it time to let go?

H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 1:24pm PST 
I'm so lost. H had surgery to remove a mass from her head a couple months ago. Her chance of making it through was not good, but she did it and fully recovered. She felt great for a while.

Within just the past couple of days I've notice a big change. Her eyesight has been deteriorating as she aged, but she suddenly seems unable to see things right in front of her face. If not sleeping, she walks around in circles like she just does not know where to go, and bumps into things. She also is falling down a lot. Her back legs give out on her and she topples over.

It's breaking my heart. But how do I know when it is "time"? She doesn't have anything majorly wrong. She eats and drinks and goes to the bathroom outside. And she can still get around by herself, as wobbly as she is.

cry
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 20 1:27 am

Dog Health > Poop eater grosss
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 2:17pm PST 
Leave it won't work when you have the dog off leash and they find a nice pile of poo. You can shout leave it all you want but when the temptation is right under their nose and you're across the park, that poo will be eaten.
You may just have to always keep the dog on a leash, accompany her to the yard and pick anything up right away.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 2:34 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.