Postings by Lolli

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Behavior & Training > Canine Depression?
Lolli

Barked: Fri Mar 11, '11 9:47pm PST 
Hello, so as some of you know, Lolli got pregnant around mid-January.
Well, the puppies were born 6 days premature, about equivalent to a month in human-pregnancy-time.
To top it off, Lolli had contracted babesiosis--a parasitic infection caused by a tick bite--about a week before. During the time she was sick, she refused food and just layed around the house all day, looking miserable. We took her to the vet, and he said her blood oxygen level had dropped down to 11 (40 = normal, 10 = fatal), so she needed a blood transfusion. She really had a very close brush with death, and by the time she started to get better, she was emaciated due to not being able to eat. The puppies too suffered from lack of nutrition, and were born emaciated as well. Lolli's lack of nutrients also meant lack of milk. So her poor, premature, starving, and possibly anemic puppies did not really have much of a chance. =/
The last two died last night, as Lolli and I tried desperately to revive them.
I'm not sure if she understood, Lolli kept taking the dead pups from me and trying to carry them back into her whelping box. When I took them, she continued to wander around the house for a while sniffing at places they had been, I think she may have been looking for them.
Today, she is still weak from her anemia (she is recovering, though) and she seems completely out of it.
She's not really listening to anyone, she doesn't seem interested in playing or going outside, she keeps having accidents in the house, and all she seems to want to do is cuddle with me and sleep.

It's breaking my heart to see her like this, and I'm wondering if anyone has ANY idea on how I could help make this easier on her? :[
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucille, Mar 12 11:54 am

Dog Health > Prenatal Care?
Lolli

Barked: Thu Mar 3, '11 5:12am PST 
sooo, i know it's been a while.
lolli is in fact pregnant, she's actually due march 15th!
she's so miserable though D:
the vet said she'll be having at least four puppies--three look strong and healthy, but apparently the fourth is a bit too small...=/
i can't wait until they're finally out of her, my poor baby is the saddest thing i've ever seen lately, and she looks like shes about to pop!
anyways, she has an appointment to get xrayed on the 11th to make sure the pups won't be too big for her, and on the 12th we're having a baby shower for her x]

just in case any of you were wondering about the outcome of the situation x]
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lolli, Mar 3 5:12 am

Lolli

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 9:18pm PST 
@zeelie: actually, come to think of it, i don't think my mom ever wanted more than one litter in the first place x] she just wanted one so we could have another dog for free. however, that story about toby and how he misbehaves, relates more to why my mom is now having second thoughts about even keeping a puppy. but i know she will, in the end. my mom doesn't like dogs much, but she's a SUCKER for a yorkie or chihuahua puppy x]

@nakita: yes, unfortunately lolli and toby definitely tied, multiple times. : P we've been to the vet once already and we've shceduled an appointment in a couple of weeks to get an unltrasound.
so we'll see then, i'll keep you guys posted :]
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lolli, Mar 3 5:12 am

Lolli

Barked: Thu Jan 27, '11 8:25pm PST 
zeelie, i mentioned before my dad was the one who really pushed lolli and toby to mate.
my mom was unsure, she really wanted them to sometimes and other times she would change her mind.
i think now she's having second thoughts because toby, the male we're watching, is kind of a handful. he's the same age as lolli but his owner crate trained him--though i don't think she did it properly? basically, while he's in his crate he won't eliminate, but once we let him out, he kind of just pees where he pleases. my mom's not much of a dog person so any misbehaviors drive her INSANE. (
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lolli, Mar 3 5:12 am

Lolli

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 1:58am PST 
well, thanks again for the advice everyone!
and leah, i think i know what you are getting at.
lolli's turning three in april, so she's just old enough to be of proper age to reproduce.
that doesn't mean i necessarily think she should have been bred though =/

either way, if she is pregnant, there's always positives! i'll be gaining dog and puppy handling experience as well as getting another dog!
also, my mom says we're going to spay her as soon as possible--wether that means after the puppies are born or as soon as we find out she's not pregnant. :]
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Lolli, Mar 3 5:12 am

Small Dogs > Yorkies = skin and bones??
Lolli

Barked: Wed Jan 26, '11 12:26am PST 
hmm. i think i'd probably estimate lolli to be a 5.5-6.
it's hard to tell, because i have to press a little to feel her ribs, but she has a pretty pronounced tuck-up. maybe she should just lay off the treats and get a little more exercise x]
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Halo, Feb 14 11:33 am

Puppy Place > Need help choosing a name!

Lolli

Barked: Tue Jan 25, '11 6:38am PST 
hmm...to me, i think he looks like an aurelius! (uh-rail-ee-us)
but out of the names you suggested, piglet it my favorite! xD
and here are some other ideas, too!:
julius
lancelot
cesar
rhino
goliath
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , Jan 29 5:20 am

Lolli

Barked: Tue Jan 25, '11 4:10am PST 
wow, awesome!
it never even occured to me to order dog food online!
thank you so much titan! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Lolli, Mar 3 5:12 am

Lolli

Barked: Tue Jan 25, '11 3:34am PST 
yeahhh, titan's right =/
but maybe they have good quality dog foods off base!
i'll just have to get one of my friends to go with me and translate x]

i thought science diet was really good though??
what's wrong with it? D:
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Lolli, Mar 3 5:12 am

Lolli

Barked: Mon Jan 24, '11 11:35pm PST 
Thanks for the links, Shellie!

And Tanuk, I appreciate your honesty. I just talked to my mom about Lolli getting a c-section, and she said she doesn't want to start out with one but if anything goes wrong, we can take her to the off-base vet I mentioned earlier (which is apparently open 24/7! good to know!)

Also, today my mom went out and bought two bags of Science Diet puppy food, so we've got her diet covered as well.
Hopefully she is pregnant, so we're not feeding her fattening puppy food for no reason xD
Either way, better safe than sorry!
Thanks for the advice everyone! :]
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Lolli, Mar 3 5:12 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.