Postings by Bogie

GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Dog Health > Parvo advice sought
Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 7:24pm PST 
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with giving dogs shots yourself (if not illegal in your state) AND done correctly. The pup should have had 2-3 puppy shots when you got him. Not just one. Breeders fault totally.

I have 8 indoor/outdoor rescued cats and 5 dogs. Even if I took them to the mobile clinic or local SPCA it would be $25 each for vaccines NOT including rabies. I can give them all the 'regular' shots for $3-$6 each. You do the math.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Boots, Aug 25 8:43 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > "Flags" for Dog Leashes
Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 11:17am PST 
This might help the problem of people trying to constantly pet your SD/SDIT.

Leash Flags
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bogie, Jun 23 11:17 am

Choosing the Right Dog > help, I need a good small hiking dog

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 11:04pm PST 
Whatever you decide, go for a short-haired breed. Or you will be combing small twigs, leaves, and burrs out of that coat for HOURS!!

We went camping 2 weeks ago & took my sons dog (Aussie-ACD mix very short coat) and my toy poodle. NOT FUN spending a couple hours after the hike picking burrs out of Remi's coat.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 9:39 pm

Puppy Place > Stopping for potty breaks on way home from breeder - WHERE is safe?

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 8:26am PST 
I would get off in a town and look for a strip center with grass on the side. Doubtful any dogs would have been there.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Koby, Apr 6 8:08 pm

Dog Health > Cheapest place to get Frontline and Heartgaurd for 4 dogs?

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Tue Mar 27, '12 6:47pm PST 
Check out Pets Megastore in Australia. They are pretty cheap and S&H is only $5 for any order. They ship quick too -- maybe 6 business days to get the order?

On the Frontline, you do know you can divide up an XL tube to treat all your dogs right? There are dosage charts online for how many ml's each pet should get based on weight. I buy the 6 or 12 month XL tubes and it's more cost effective than buying individual tubes for each dog/cat.

If you have cats the Frontline formula is exactly the same as the dog one. The dosage charts give how much cats get too. IIRC, .5ml. I use a regular syringe/needle and draw it out of the tube.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Mar 29 10:16 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Cattle dog love?
Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '12 11:38am PST 
I have Bogie, who's mother was an ACD. (Father was an Aussie). Since I've had an Aussie before, I assume his traits below are from the ACD side:

-- VERY intense. Not hyper, just intense.

-- VERY athletic. If he has a choice of jumping OVER a log or going around, he'll choose jumping every time. This includes inside the house -- he can jump clean OVER our couch, coffee table and the other dogs!

-- VERY biddable. Once we got it straight who was going to be boss (ME!) he does not EVER 'try me' or push the rules. He has a 100% recall from wherever he is or what he's doing. He does not chase cars, bikes, scooters, runners, etc. He is off-lead 95% of the time and a low 'ah-ah' from me will stop ANY thoughts of him running after someone/something.

-- He is NOT a lovey, huggy, touchy dog. He'll lay on the end of the couch or bed while I'm on it. He doesn't particularly like to be petted but LOVES my son to wrestle with him. He WILL body-slam us whenever he gets a chance though!! And if you've never been body-slammed by a 40# solid dog running flat out -- you just don't know what you're missing--LOLOL!! I can end up with bruises on the front of my thighs!!

-- Bogie talks. A lot. He has to have the last word when I correct him from chasing the cats (his worst vice). He grumbles under his breath. He greets me with 'Arrooo-roooo-roooo' every morning and afternoon after work.

Not the dog at all for everyone, but a great dog for us!!
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Mar 23 8:37 pm

Puppy Place > Why does EVERYONE want Female puppies???

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '12 11:05am PST 
Personally I was raised with only female dogs (2 Poodles -- Julie 1 and Julie 2; and 2 Shelties -- Penny and Gypsy). But the FIRST time I could get a dog of my own it was specifically a MALE. And it was a Shih Tzu. I just prefer males as my personal dogs, y'know?

Currently I have 3 males and 2 females so the males are winning!!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Mar 21 9:43 am

Dogs & Travel > Thoughts About Leaving Dog in Car?

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 3:04pm PST 
We go camping and travel to state parks a lot. Some are 8-10 hours away. If we stop to check out a festival/flea market, or go inside to eat somewhere, I leave the dog(s) in the truck. Even during the summer. I have a spare set of keys so I leave the motor on with the AC and lock the doors from the outside. Dog(s) sleep the entire time and are always fine when we get back.

I have a work friend who got home one afternoon right after Christmas to find her house had been broken in to. Scared off by the alarm the thieves didn't take anything but some cash laying on the kitchen counter. BUT they left the front door open. Her 2 dogs got out. They found the mixed breed that same afternoon but no sign of their registered Bulldog. Bulldog never has turned up, and he was so friendly he would have gone to anyone. He was neutered too, but someone just wanted a Bulldog for a pet. She looked for him for weeks. Sad but I think you can drive yourself paranoid with the 'what ifs' and imaginary scenarios.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ch. Rushwind's She Who Speaks , May 13 12:39 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > FYI: Smart Tag on Barking Deals today

Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Mon Mar 5, '12 4:13pm PST 
Here is the link: http://www.barkingdeals.com/ Copy and paste.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bogie, Mar 5 4:13 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > FYI: Smart Tag on Barking Deals today
Bogie

Have cats -- Will Chase!

Barked: Mon Mar 5, '12 8:44am PST 
For those of you looking for additional ways to identify your pet in case it gets lost, Barking Deals is offering a smart tag for $6 today.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bogie, Mar 5 4:13 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.