GO!

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

Puppy Place > Let's Play "Guess My Breed!"
Cocoa Loco

Fastest tongue- in the west

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 8:04am PST 
I'm sure you are part Chi. Your coat look rough, not silky. Maybe part rough jack Russell? What ever you are, you are cuteness personified. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 14 12:31 pm

Dog Health > Slipping Patella, price differences for surgery
Cocoa Loco

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '14 3:56am PST 
Ewwwwwwwwwwww, I hope his teeth got taken care of eventually. I have had good luck with my local vet (cheaper one) they seem to be pretty progressive and do really well with very small dogs. (I take my two little ones there in Mobile instead of our truly local vet in Citronelle who is a good vet but doesn't seem to do as well with small dogs)

Cocoa's speci alist will deepen the groove in Cocoa's knee, realign his ligament, reattach it with a pin, and he will check his cruciate ligament and put in a suture if it looks strained or weakened by the knee problem.

I suspect the local vet only deepens the groove and does none of the rest of the procedure. I am glad I requested the referral. I plan to stay in Mandeville Louisiana at a B&B while Cocoa has his surgery, hopefully he will be able to go home the next day.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 3:56 am

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Thu Jun 5, '14 3:41pm PST 
The funny part is that the local vet referred me. Cocoa's surgeon is a board certified spec ialist.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 3:56 am

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Sun Jun 1, '14 7:24am PST 
Cocoa has a level 2 slipping patella. The vet said we could repair it or wait and see. Because of Cocoa's age and athletic tendencies (He spends his days running and jumping like a flea); we decided to get the surgery. He is scheduled for June 19. The surgery will be around $2000, his insurance will pay 3/4 of the cost.

However, I am wondering about the pricing. When I picked up his Trifexis at the local vet (a spec ialist is doing the surgery) the receptionist mentioned that they would to the surgery for $500.

We are not tempted to change, but I am wondering why the price difference.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 3:56 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Cocoa may need to have his knee fixed

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Tue May 20, '14 6:00am PST 
Hi, we are posting here because the regular forum is too hard to navigate due to all of the spam.

Cocoa has a grade 1 slipping patella in his right leg and a grade 2 in his left. We went to Louisiana yesterday to see a spec ialst. He gave us the pros and cons of doing the surgery and just watching the knee.

I lean toward fixing the knee before Cocoa hurts himself running full out and jumping like a grass hopper but I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has any experience with knee problems and surgery.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 20 6:00 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Dogs always ripping stuffing from toys! Help?
Cocoa Loco

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 1:09pm PST 
I love to destuff toys too. It is how I have fun. I get a lot of lower cost toys, sale toys.....and I have a really good time eviscerating them. If you give a toy to a dog to have fun with, why would you train him not to do what he considers fun?

I have found a few toys that last a little longer, we get the stuffing free toys and then there is no mess when we remove the squeaker. Some stuffed toys for hard chewers last a little longer and we enjoy playing with the empty toys once the horrible squeaker and stuffing is good and dead.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 21 5:54 am

Dog Health > alternatives to trifexis

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Wed Apr 30, '14 5:44am PST 
I can't speak about trifexis but we have had really good luck using Comfortis. It is the flea side of trifexis. I am planning to try trifexis after our next HW test.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jun 5 3:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Messing with me.

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 3:42pm PST 
Bol, I was let outside late at night, did my business and zipped back in the door with some of the gang. I slipped into bed, under the blankets. My person didn't see me come in and didn't realize I was the lump in the bed, she went out to search the yard and the pasture in the rain, it was around 1am. She finally came in to wake up her husband to help search and found us snuggled up together.

big laugh This has occurred on at least 3 occasions, it is wonderful how brown dogs blend into the dark.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 9:36 am

Dog Health > Trupanion pet insurance?

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 3:39am PST 
I have trupanion. I have never used it, but it is good to know that if I ever have to get my slipping knee fixed, I am covered. (I got the insurance as a puppy and my person paid for the extra coverage) Trupanion, at least the version, I have is good for emergencies. The deductible is per incident and it doesn't pay for regular care. Read the policies closely, be sure you know what is being offered and most important what isn't covered.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Nov 22 4:22 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Small dogs... talk me in.
Cocoa Loco

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 9:36pm PST 
Don't forget to consider my ilk, small mutts. I am 8 pounds, probably a chi/min pin but who knows. I have tons of energy and a personality (dogality?) big enough for two rotties.

I am very sensitive, not particularly fragile, I can jump like a flea, and run like a deer. I have two speeds fast and stop. I walk on my own feet like any other dog, only wanting to be picked up if the environment is too busy or the ground is hot. I do love to burrow under covers, twice I have snuck in the door and went happily to bed while my person went out looking for me in the ran.

I am smarter then most children and cutter than a bugs ear.party
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Apr 14 11:00 am

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.