Postings by Cocoa Loco

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Behavior & Training > Messing with me.
Cocoa Loco

Fastest tongue- in the west

Barked: Sat Dec 14, '13 3:42pm PST 
Bol, I was let outside late at night, did my business and zipped back in the door with some of the gang. I slipped into bed, under the blankets. My person didn't see me come in and didn't realize I was the lump in the bed, she went out to search the yard and the pasture in the rain, it was around 1am. She finally came in to wake up her husband to help search and found us snuggled up together.

big laugh This has occurred on at least 3 occasions, it is wonderful how brown dogs blend into the dark.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Moose, Dec 17 9:36 am

Dog Health > Trupanion pet insurance?
Cocoa Loco

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 3:39am PST 
I have trupanion. I have never used it, but it is good to know that if I ever have to get my slipping knee fixed, I am covered. (I got the insurance as a puppy and my person paid for the extra coverage) Trupanion, at least the version, I have is good for emergencies. The deductible is per incident and it doesn't pay for regular care. Read the policies closely, be sure you know what is being offered and most important what isn't covered.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Nov 22 4:22 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Small dogs... talk me in.

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 9:36pm PST 
Don't forget to consider my ilk, small mutts. I am 8 pounds, probably a chi/min pin but who knows. I have tons of energy and a personality (dogality?) big enough for two rotties.

I am very sensitive, not particularly fragile, I can jump like a flea, and run like a deer. I have two speeds fast and stop. I walk on my own feet like any other dog, only wanting to be picked up if the environment is too busy or the ground is hot. I do love to burrow under covers, twice I have snuck in the door and went happily to bed while my person went out looking for me in the ran.

I am smarter then most children and cutter than a bugs ear.party
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Skipper a.k.a Skip, Apr 14 11:00 am

Dog Health > Need Patella Info!

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 7:38am PST 
I went to the vet yesterday for my shots,heart worm test and a check up. My left patella is almost a 2. It slips out easily but goes back in. Our vet said that unless I start limping or showing signs of distress, I shouldn't think of surgery. He said anytime one goes into the joint capsule, there is a chance of arthritis or other problems. He said if I started crying out, limping or it starts to affect my movement, we would reconsider.

Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Cocoa Loco, Apr 7 7:38 am

Dog Health > Need Patella Info!

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Tue Apr 2, '13 3:50pm PST 
My patellas slip easily, at least when the vet checked them they did. Our vet recommended against surgery unless it starts to bother me. However, I have never cried out. I have got a leg stuck for a few strides but it hasn't stopped me from running like a rabbit and jumping like a giant flea.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Cocoa Loco, Apr 7 7:38 am

Small Dogs > Does anyone have their small dog go on pee pads instead of outside?
Cocoa Loco

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 4:08am PST 
I never go out at night and easily hold my urine for 8 to 10 hours.(I am 10 pounds) (Everyone else goes out around 1am but I refuse to come out from under the covers.

Auda and I use pee pads when our person is at work and it is too cold/hot for us in the outside kennel.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Cosmos and Bailey, Apr 15 8:07 pm

Small Dogs > How much does your Chihuahua weigh?

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 3:26am PST 
I am ten pounds. Chi/min pin
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Button, May 16 8:38 am

Dog Health > Please help soothe a mommy's mind!!

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 3:32am PST 
I was shaky and didn't feel well for about a day and a half. It was more the anaesthetic then the neuter, I believe.

However, I don't recall being given antibiotics for a spay or neuter. It wouldn't hurt to give your vet a call with your questions.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jan 16 1:08 pm

Behavior & Training > House Training Issues

Cocoa Loco

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 4:09am PST 
Consistency will be the key. Can you put an X pen outside so you can turn your back, look away and let her go? Be careful about scolding her when you catch her going inside, she is already afraid to go in front of you, being scolded might just reinforce that going potty in front of a person is a bad idea.

If you are using potty pads near the door, don't scold her for using them even though you want her to go outside. I think you will probably need to keep her tethered or crated while potty training.

If she is small, also consider just letting her use potty pads. Icky, but if that is what works....the trick will be for her to learn to trust you and finding opportunities to treat and praise for going outside or on the pad.

I was almost a year old before I could be fully trusted inside and I was in a good home from 6 weeks on. My person has heard it is harder to house train small dogs and I was certainly the most challenging dog she ever house trained.

Good Luck and keep the faith.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 12:25 am

Dog Health > Getting Spayed, Need Some Advise
Cocoa Loco

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:58am PST 
hug I was as good as new in a couple of days. I wanted to be spoiled, held, hand fed when I got home. I was a little sick to my tummy for about a half day. After a couple of days, the only problem was to keep me calm. I wanted to run and play instead of taking it easy.

hug It is scary, but it will be okay. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Piglet, Jan 20 4:34 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.