Postings by Jack

GO!

Behavior & Training > Sleepless nights?

Jack

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 1:39am PST 
Hi,
So I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem I think my dog is refusing to let me sleep. He stands by my bed side and pants all night long this has been going on for a few nights. I've thought he needs to go out but he doesn't, yeah he goes but he really just sniffs around or sniffs the air. He hasn't been eating at all but that's not unusual considering he just got back from staying at my grandma's and she spoils him with pieces of chicken and sausage in his bowl. But even she says he's been bugging her to let him in and out all night. he might be bored because the weather has been awful and I've been fighting off a bad cough. I finally kicked him out of the bedroom but I can hear him outside of the door. Please help how do I get him to sleep????????
Sincerely, sick and tired
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, Feb 14 4:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > When did Acana change it's formula?
Jack

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 2:42pm PST 
So I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone is looking Orijen and Acana just had a warehouse fire so its going to be difficult to get these brands for the time being. I know because my dog eats Orijen and I've been hoarding dog food like its been going out of business.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mitchell Rapp "Black Ops", Nov 17 9:20 pm

Siberian Husky > Help with feeding my picky, sensitive stomach siberian

Jack

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 5:46pm PST 
Hi,

So I'm having trouble feeding my Siberian, he's on a kibble diet of the Acana Pacifica, its a fish based food. And so far he eats it, sometimes, but the problem is he doesn't always eat. His now food has been the only one that hasn't upset his stomach, and while the vet says he's in a great lean shape, I still worry that you can feel his spine while petting him. I've been looking at raw food options to maybe do half kibble half raw. but it seems like no one does that. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas. and if the not eating some days is a sibe trait, as my friend's sibe does that too.

-Megan & Jack
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Denali, Jun 5 6:50 pm

Food & Nutrition > Advice please!

Jack

Barked: Sat Dec 11, '10 6:13pm PST 
Thank you! I'll have to try all your advice! again thank you so much!
big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 5:36 pm

Jack

Barked: Sat Dec 11, '10 9:06am PST 
I first tried all the 'main stream' pet food Purina, science diet, benefit, etc. the problem started when he was a puppy, he used to eat at the exact times every day and he'd gobble everything down within seconds then he stayed at my grandmother's for a week and I dont know what she did, but he never ate the same. I know her dog free feeds, and when Jack stays there she mixes both dogs food together and just leaves the bowls out. I've had do start doing that because he wont eat if I put the food down and then take it up later, and he like protests that by never eating until I can hear his stomach growling across my apartment.

As for his allergies nothing else bothers him except lamb. He eats something called Holistic Selects, and he likes it enough its the only thing that he'll eat eventually like maybe not today but the next day. I've start the Nature's Variety raw medallions the chicken one because that seems that chicken never really bothers his system. I also mix in water for him, and since I've been doing at that I've had to pick up the food and either refrigerate or throw it out if he decides today is a non eating day.

It gets worse if he stays at my grandmothers for a day, I don't know why. He eats better if he stays with my mom and her dogs, because she as a piggy Golden Retriever that eats every thing. In fact when I dog sat for my mom he actually started gaining weight because he learned quickly that Missy, the Golden, will eat your food if he didn't. Ideally I like for him to stay there when I need someone to watch him, but her other older dog Aussie is a grouchy old man and picks fights with Jack. so my mom worries about that if they are left alone.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 5:36 pm

Jack

Barked: Fri Dec 10, '10 11:30pm PST 
I have a three year old really picky eater. I just need to know how to get him to eat, I've tried every kibble food under the sun, and everything he was either allergic (lamb) got sick, or gets bored, until I finally found a holistic fish kibble that he'll eat occasionally. I've seriously never known a dog that wouldn't eat his food even if it was there for days until Jack.
I really need some advice his vet tells me he's physically healthy he just doesn't eat regularly. He needs to put on weight at least 10 lbs, and even though he's got a great fluffy shiny coat you can feel and see the bumps in his spine and I'm worried that someone will report me to the ASPCA.

I am feeding him he just wont always eat. I've started mixing in a frozen 'raw' prepared food to add in the extra calories, because he is really active. I've had someone tell me about just cooking him his food, but I am a horrible cook, most things I cook come out disgusting and I don't want to torture the poor thing, he already looks scared every time I'm in the kitchen. Please if anyone has any advice on how to get him eating I would appreciate it greatly

shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 5:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.