Postings by Scooby Doo

GO!

Dog Health > Torn paw pad

Scooby Doo

W.W.S.D.? What- would Scooby do?-

Barked: Mon Aug 8, '11 9:36am PST 
Scooby did this at daycare - they dont know how....

it took a good 2 weeks to heal. I would clean it once a day if he was outside a lot with very mild soap(Dial) and warm water- rinse well. Let dry and put Sulfodene 3 Way Ointment- wrap paw in a sock and tape - make sure they keep it on for at least a few hours so it takes in the ointment. Eventually just putting the ointment on a few times a day - especially before walks - he is all healed up!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chase, Aug 8 2:28 pm

Food & Nutrition > Help my puppy wont' eat?
Scooby Doo

Barked: Thu Aug 4, '11 12:34pm PST 
1. the dog may be nervous-getting used to their new sorroundings 2. did the dog eat anything that could have caused a blockage? 3. i would give the dog some cooked chicken or shredded cheese in their food just to see if it will eat anything. if it goes another day I would take it to the vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Glacier, Aug 4 2:42 pm

Dog Health > Scooby is sooo itchy after summer swimming!

Scooby Doo

Barked: Wed Aug 3, '11 9:51am PST 
Hey there - looking for some help. Scooby has been VERY itchy after going for his first swim of the summer. We were in a pond, with a fair amount of water movement- so it wasnt standing water. We washed him an hour later and ever since he was NOT stopped itching. No fleas, mites...etc. Went out and got a good oatmeal baking soda bath. Just this morning I found a big patch of badly scratched skin under his armpit area...I put some sulfodene ointment on that whole area and seems to make him more calm. I just ordered some Salmon oil to put over his dry food...hopefully that will help.

Any ideas or suggestions?!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Bella and Daisy CGC, Aug 4 9:58 am

Dog Health > Need advice! Scooby's paw pad is ripped..very sore :(

Scooby Doo

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 8:48am PST 
Hey everyone! we healed up just fine! I keep his paw clean...twice a day with little amount of dial soap and warm water..he seemed to enjoy the special attention and let me do what I wanted. The limping was gone by the next afternoon and he kept the sock on while outside. I used bag balm and the tear seemed to just rip of naturally. His paw is a good as new and I'm keep the bag balm nearby for before we go on walks. THANKS SO MUCH smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scooby Doo, Dec 27 8:48 am

Dog Health > Getting a smart dog to take her meds

Scooby Doo

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 5:43am PST 
I use apple sauce smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Snickers, Dec 22 7:07 am

Dog Health > Need advice! Scooby's paw pad is ripped..very sore :(
Scooby Doo

Barked: Wed Dec 22, '10 5:13am PST 
Scooby came home from doggy daycare yesterday limping frown and especially walking through the snow. It did not take long for me to find the issue - his foot was really warm and the pad (metacarpal 'big pad') was torn from where it grows out to just about the middle, the flap of what would call the callus is there but detached about half way down his paw. I cleaned it throughly and used some bag balm to sooth him/prevent bacterial growth and lightly taped a clean sock around it...which he seemed to appreciate and not fuss with. It looked very sore but wasnt bleeding. Any ideas- I've never had to deal with this and he is not his usual perky self, it breaks my heart. I dont think there is much that the vet would do that I havent already.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Scooby Doo, Dec 27 8:48 am

Dog Health > How Long can a dog go overnight without going to the bathroom?

Scooby Doo

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 10:29am PST 
Scooby will very seldom whine to go out in the middle of the night...if we go to bed reallllly early he will wake up to go out - some weekend we're in the room with him sleeping for as long as 10 hrs. The dogs are used to this...tell your parents no need to worry !! smileway to go
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Allee, Bama, and Brodie Bear!, Dec 15 4:24 am

Behavior & Training > Dogs instinctively knowing how to swim :/

Scooby Doo

Barked: Thu Nov 18, '10 1:15pm PST 
His recall is very good unless he's got something that is realllly distracting him...visitor or small animal...then he is almost hesitant but will eventually come. I will try him out in more shallow water and see how he does....gulp.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Embry & Zoey, Nov 21 11:45 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs instinctively knowing how to swim :/

Scooby Doo

Barked: Thu Nov 18, '10 12:54pm PST 
New doggy owner here - while I am totally confident on my Scooby (large shepherd mix) knowing what to do when it comes to swimming in a lake with other dogs- How do we know he is going to know when he's gone too far and to come back...do dogs naturally know how to swim safely?

I think we're just nervous parents!!! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Embry & Zoey, Nov 21 11:45 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Clean...ish
Scooby Doo

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 12:45pm PST 
Scooby wakes us up occassionally around 430 am and I notice that I have to go too! So I figure its only fair to bare the chilly early morning hours for less than 2 minutes so he can go. Question : does your dog wake you up or move around a lot of the time they need to go. Try setting your alarm a couple of nights in a row and taking her out - this way she'll know that it takes you to get up to let her out and she'll start telling you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jersey, Dec 13 6:03 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.