Postings by Scruffy (RIP)

GO!

(Page 1 of 170: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Therapy dog/ Apartments opinion?
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '14 6:01pm PST 
Therapy dogs have no housing rights. Just because it's a therapy dog does not mean it's allowed to live in "no pet housing" just because it's a therapy dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Fri 1:35 pm

Behavior & Training > Nipping at grand children and growling
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '14 2:20pm PST 
No kids around the dogs unless an adult is in the room is also a good idea. way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sonny, Thu 10:00 am

Behavior & Training > Nipping at grand children and growling

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '14 12:26pm PST 
I agree a vet visit is a good idea, but please do discourage the kids from bothering the dogs while they are eating. The incident with the bowl/food is called resource guarding. There is a good book on resource guarding called "Mine!" by Jean Donaldson that might help with the issue. Another option would be to hire a trainer that uses positive reinforcement to help tackle the issue.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Thu 10:00 am

Puppy Place > Come on guys! Give me your best shot! What breed(s) am I??

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Fri Dec 12, '14 2:34pm PST 
My guess is Australian Shepherd/Beagle mix. Whatever he is, he sure is cute! Congrats on your new addition!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Thu 8:12 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying Good Bye to Jackie O, the first dog i helped cross the bridge

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Dec 8, '14 12:07pm PST 
hughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Dec 10 5:19 pm

Puppy Place > Hello, I'm Koby's new sister.
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Dec 6, '14 8:40pm PST 
Congrats on your new addition!! I'm sure Koby will be thrilled to have a new playmate. She's so cute.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Reina, Dec 9 12:49 pm

Dog Health > Rescue dog has aggression towards new people only when I'm around.

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Mon Nov 17, '14 11:08am PST 
You should consult a certified dog behaviorist. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ivan Von Snoodle, Wed 3:31 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Who oversees the State Licensing Board?

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '14 9:41am PST 
I'm sorry for your loss and I'm so sorry that you and your poor dog had to go through that. I think the state licencing board is pretty much it and there's no one "higher" than them that oversees the state licencing board. The state licensing board is also the only agency that can actually discipline Vets or do anything with the Vet's licences. However, you might want to consider contacting an attorney to go after the Vet through a civil suit or in small claims court. Filing a lawsuit could at least lead to more exposure on what the Vet did and on what happened at the Vet's practice. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 15 9:41 am

Behavior & Training > Amazing Dog Tricks

Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 4:34pm PST 
Wow that really was amazing!! Great video!! applauseapplauseapplauseapplause
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 13 4:34 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Update right choice for elderly couple? Protection opinion?
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 2:07pm PST 
Ok, cool. If you are serious about going through person protection training with this dog you should speak with PPD trainers in your area if you haven't already. Some of the PPD trainers in your area could probably point you in the right direction as far as dog breeds and breeders go. Another thing to check out would be the Boxer breed clubs in your area and see what breeders are involved in PPD stuff with their dogs and speak with them about it as well. Hope that helps! Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Thu 7:46 am

(Page 1 of 170: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.