Postings by Nala

GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Dog Health > Torn Nail Advice
Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Wed Feb 5, '14 4:53am PST 
My pupster cracked a nail on her front paw straight across the middle and the vet had to cut it off pretty high up. She was bandaged up and I was told I could take the bandages off in a couple days. I took them off and all was dry and looked fine, but when she walked outside in the snow for a bit it opened up and started to bleed. So I had to rebandage it. Any idea how long it should take for the nail to heal enough that she can walk/run around on it like normal without causing it to open up again? The poor thing is DYING to run around and I can't let her off the leash. Left a message for the vet with this question but unfortunately not getting a response.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali, Feb 6 3:58 am

Choosing the Right Dog > American Staffordshire Terriers and American Pit Bull Terriers
Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 2:06pm PST 
If you're going to adopt a dog, a lot of pitties and amstaffs nowadays are mixed breeds (my "pit bull terrier" is an amstaff/american bulldog mix) according to our DNA test. Most of them are labeled as to what they most resemble but may have any combination of breeds in them. If you're going to a breeder, that's a different story. But there are so many out there that need homes so rescuing is definitely an awesome way to go. In that respect, they are all different. I know people who have very highly energetic pits and amstaffs, and ones who are couch potatoes. Some are too energetic for kids, or don't like other dogs, others are great with them. Mine is very low key most of the time, extremely affectionate, loveable, a lap dog, loyal, a little stubborn when she doesn't feel like doing what I ask, loves other dogs but is EXTREMELY excitable when she's around them and can't be calm, she just goes straight into play mode. She's the best dog I've ever owned. But like I said, there are so many personality differences that your best bet is to go through a rescue, maybe a dog that has been fostered so you can get a real feel of their personality outside a shelter setting.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Oct 8 5:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > Switching to taste of the wild. Opinions?

Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Tue Sep 25, '12 5:10pm PST 
I feed the pacific stream salmon formula and Nala has never looked better. I love it.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Dreamy, Oct 4 4:27 am

Dog Health > Suggestions for dry, irritated paws

Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Tue Sep 25, '12 5:08pm PST 
We are having allergy issues the past month or so. Nala is on Benadryl and constant paw cleaning when she comes in from the grass. We wipe down with a clean wet rag and dry. After one short romp around the yard her feet and ears go from normal to bright red. Lately the paws seem extra dry and are cracking and bleeding a bit during playtime. What can I put on her that won't irritate her already irritated paws to moisturize the skin?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Savannah (In Memory), Sep 25 9:10 pm

Dog Health > Pittie with a bad Grass Allergy

Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 1:11pm PST 
Thanks, I will look into that!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nala, Sep 16 1:11 pm

Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 8:10am PST 
Yes I think I will cut down on the washing for now and see how she makes out. I also just started her on an omega fish oil supplement for her skin (she already eats a grain-free salmon formula but figures she could use the added omegas). I have tried numerous socks/shoes but nothing stays on her feet because she runs around like mad. I am wondering how much it would cost to astroturf the backyard. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nala, Sep 16 1:11 pm

Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 6:40am PST 
I feel so bad for Nala. Her paws are bright red. Last year we had a slight issue with this but with bathing her paws with hexadene shampoo twice a week and some allergy pills she was fine. I don't know if this year is an especially bad season but the past 3 weeks have been terrible. We are bathing her paws with the medicated shampoo and an oatmeal shampoo combo. Rinsing and/or wiping them down with a wet rag every time she comes in from outside. And she is on benadryl 3 times a day all as per the vet's orders. However they are still red as anything. Could we be washing/wiping too much? Would that irritate as well? I really don't want to have to put her back on prednisone, I hate steroids. But I fear if we go back to the vet that will be their next step. I have heard of dogs being given daily zyrtec. Anyone have any experience with that?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Nala, Sep 16 1:11 pm

Dog Health > how to prevent scratching of stitches?

Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 5:55pm PST 
Thanks. I have been using a sock with success but today she seems to really want to scratch it. I will double or triple up on the sock. I am waffling on the shirt idea just because I don't want to create more itching/discomfort by the shirt rubbing against the stitches.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nala, Jul 2 5:55 pm

Dog Health > how to prevent scratching of stitches?

Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Sat Jun 30, '12 7:42am PST 
Nala just had surgery to remove a growth on her front shoulder. The inflatable collar works perfectly for keeping her from licking at it. However, I'm concerned that as it starts to heal the itching will be too much for her. We have her on benadryl per the vets orders in the hopes of curtailing the itching for her. But it's in a very reachable spot for her back paws to reach. I have a t-shirt I can put on her to help cover it up and we have socks that don't necessarily stay on her very well even with tape. Any other ideas? Is it okay for me to trim the ends of the stitches that stick straight out so they don't rub? They did tell me not to bandage it to let the air get at it. Vets office is closed for the weekend, otherwise I'd call them.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Nala, Jul 2 5:55 pm

Dog Health > Nala vomited some solid yellow waxy substance..
Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Sat Nov 12, '11 9:55am PST 
It is a long time. Makes me wonder if there's still more in there. It may not be that, but I can't figure out what else it could be!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Nala, Nov 12 9:55 am

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.