Postings by Simba Zulu ~ In Loving Memory

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Senior Dogs > Toe cancer
Simba Zulu ~- In Loving- Memory

Beach Baby

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '14 2:36pm PST 
I am devastated to hear that another beautiful Standard Poodle is cursed with this disease. I lost Simba 2 1/2 years ago. It all started with squamous cell carcinoma (toe cancer) about four years prior to his death. I don't want to add to your angst, but this cancer is very aggressive and stealthily sows its lethal seeds so silently that you don't know it's happening until it's too late, in most cases. Your baby just needs lots of extra love and attention, which I'm sure you are giving him/her. If there is anything specific you want to know about Simba's experience, please let me know. In fact, if I can help by just being a good listener and being here for you, don't hesitate to PM me.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Simba Zulu ~ In Loving Memory, Sep 20 2:36 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Beach Baby

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 10:05am PST 
Alice, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Simba looks so darn happy, and the halo is a sweet touch!flowers
[notify]
» There has since been 294 posts. Last posting by Walker , Tue 2:04 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Beach Baby

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 8:17am PST 
Is it possible to get wings for my beloved Simba who passed away last Wednesday at the age of 14?
[notify]
» There has since been 300 posts. Last posting by Walker , Tue 2:04 pm

Dog Health > Golden Lab Muscles tightening?

Beach Baby

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '12 7:24am PST 
Sounds an awful lot like a petit mal seizure to me, since it's happening when he has been asleep. If it were exercise induced, it would happen during or after a period of intense exercise. If it is a seizure, he must be treated by a vet, and please don't waste any time doing it. The seizures could be come more severe if you wait. If it's not seizures, you will at least know how to proceed. Your buddy is worth it. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Fireside's Twilight Princess, May 2 9:08 am

Dog Health > Licking, Gulping, Panting at Night -- Solved

Beach Baby

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 6:35am PST 
Thanks so much for both your stories. When Simba developed epilepsy due to a scorpion bite in February, the vet suggested changing his diet to the BARF diet. I compromised with the vet and put him on a home cooked diet, but I'm worried that he isn't getting enough vitamins and minerals. He also loves fish, so I'm hoping somebody can give me a 'recipe' for a tuna meal (how much tuna in relation to the amount of grains and veggies, if applicable). And what extra vitamins & minerals should I provide? Right now, he's only getting chicken/beef/pork/ocean fish and rice. Seems as if it's too limited for a 70 lb. dog, but the vet would rather I just throw him a raw chicken leg for dinner!!! Can anyone help me out?

By the way, his obsessive licking/panting in the evenings has stopped since he's been eating his cooked diet too!
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Tucker, Aug 30 9:33 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Just for Fun Thread! What Breed are you obsessed with currently?

Beach Baby

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 5:52am PST 
Because I live in Mexico and met a beautiful big Xoloitzcuintli at a spay-neuter clinic where I volunteer, I have become obsessed with her. She's ugly enough to be cute (something like the SharPei and English Bulldog in that sense), and has such a gentle personality. However, I am in my mid-sixties and know I couldn't lift a Xoloitzcuintli if she got sick (like I'm doing with my 14-yr-old Standard Poodle now), so I always revert back to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, a breed I showed back in the 80s and 90s. Quite a difference between the breeds, but if I had a dozen servants to care for the dog, I'd go for a big one. Since I don't, a smaller breed is on my horizon, I think.little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Vladimir, Sep 17 5:15 pm

Senior Dogs > Balling up rugs?

Beach Baby

Barked: Sat Apr 7, '12 7:10am PST 
Simba does the same thing just before bedtime. It's definitely the "nesting instinct" with him ... and it seems to be an older dog trait too. Nothing to worry about, for sure.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 3:24 am

Senior Dogs > Slipping and sliding on kitchen floor

Beach Baby

Barked: Wed Feb 22, '12 5:57am PST 
While I was showing my setters, I was told about a product which stopped them from sliding on the show ring mats. It's called Tacky Finger or SortKwik and is used by bankers, accountants, etc. to count money. It works like a dream! You just rub the 'wax' on the dog's paws, wait about five minutes, and he/she is good for the day! Who'd a-thunk? I'd buy the biggest container for a large dog like yours. It's worked a charm for my senior Standard Poodle on our tile floors. Here's a link to show you what it looks like. You can buy it at any stationery store. http://www.gwjcompany.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_ id=1098
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Sam, Feb 23 1:42 pm

Dog Health > 18 month old Siberian Husky had a seizure today (we think)

Beach Baby

Barked: Wed Feb 22, '12 5:33am PST 
Yes, it sounds like what you saw was the end of a seizure. The dog will remain a bit confused and fearful for a while after the seizure passes. Also, your dog may go blind for a time after the seizure, so it's not unusual for them to be scared. Maggie's Mom, seizures can be controlled for the most part. We humans just have to forget about ourselves for the moment and ensure that our best friends get competent, and caring, veterinary help. Even here in Mexico, I have a vet who prescribed carbamazine, a 'human' anti-convulsant, which has lessened the seizures to a huge degree. Your dog will likely be his/her happy ol' self between seizures, so there's no need to go to desperate measures to rid yourself of this inconvenience. Take the attitude that, when it happens, you'll gently guide her through it and comfort her ... then carry on as if she's the Maggie you know and love.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Jake, Feb 25 4:37 pm

Dog Health > Seizure? Tick?

Beach Baby

Barked: Sun Feb 12, '12 8:52am PST 
P.S. Just in casew you haven't seen this website, I recommend it highly. It's been my bible ever since Simba started his seizures. http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Feb 16 6:53 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.