GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > vet told me wolves eat stomach contents
Audrey- Hepbull

I am not dumb, I- am ignoring you.

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 1:15pm PST 
"i always wondered which theory was correct. one thing i would like to do, and i suppose you can as well. is watch a documentary on wolves. and see what they do.? makes sense to me"

It's not a theory, Jobi, it's a proven fact. Wolves have been studied quite extensively, and no they do not eat the stomach content of their prey.

Someone posted some information for Dr Mech, and a link. If you want to know something about wolves, he's the guy to learn it from!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 1:15 pm

Raw Food Diet > how do you feed canned fish? also.. omega dosage
Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 10:58am PST 
Audrey gets a can of salmon once or twice a month, she's 38 pounds.

We also keep them on hand for those days we forget to take food out of the freezer for her. I rinse the heck out of it before I give it to her.

She also gets a can of sardines in olive oil as a treat maybe once a month or so. I look at it like our pizza days. big grin Not healthy for frequent meals but OK occasionally. She goes CRAZY over her sardines! She can't have any kind of dog treats, and she's not food motivated anyways, so for her it's a real special treat.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 7:23 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What Can You Tell Me About English Bulldogs???

Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Thu Sep 27, '12 6:53pm PST 
Bulldogs CAN have many health problems. They are very expensive dogs and far too many simply see dollar signs and breed unhealthy dogs.

Why is this dog free? That is something that I'd want to know.

You must be super uber diligent in heat. Their short mouths mean their tongue, which is their way of cooling, is farther back and less is available for cooling. Heat stroke is one of the main causes of death for bulldogs.

My bulldog is allergic to corn and wheat, which I do not consider a "breed" issue as much as an inappropriate food for a carnivore.

Once we switched her to a fully carnivorous diet, she has no smell, no gas, no yeast, no ear infections, no issues whatsoever.Her coat is soft shiny and gorgeous. She is not overweight, she can breathe, exercise and run around just like every other dog I've ever had.

My bulldog is S T U B B O R N. I have NEVER in all of my life encountered such a headstrong, independent thinking, single minded, tenacious, bullheaded creature! She was the top dog in all her obedience classes from novice through advanced, but she has to WANT to do something before she will do it.

She was attacked at a dog park when she was 8 months old, and even the trainers we hired had a tough time trying to get her over her need to attack every single dog she sees. Now we just avoid all other animals. Very serious personal family issues have prevented us from really working through her "issues".

She has pinned the cat so many times he finally gets it that he needs to stay the heck away from her. She is not playing. She wants a piece of that cat.

I have had dogs my whole life as a child and as an adult, and I have to say that my bulldog is the greatest challenge. She is even more stubborn that our German shepherd that used to take off every chance he got.

But she is absolutely my most favorite little animal in the entire universe.

I do not even have words to describe how much I LOVE and completely adore this dog. She has the neatest most unique personality. She is DELIGHTFUL to be around. My husband has never understood why people like dogs so much. Then we got Audrey and now he GETS it.cloud 9

No matter where we go whenever someone sees her they smile. I am lucky that my bulldog does not suffer like so many do, because I did not choose a breeder carefully enough.

The BCA has been seriously advocating health testing, and now you can choose a dog whose parents have passed tests for hips, eyes, heart, trachea, pattelas, etc. There are more and more bulldogs doing agility and obedience. Look up Gabe the Bulldog. His newest thing is pulling a cart, I don't even know what it's called but I am 100% positive that he WILL earn whatever he attempts!

I KNOW you are not buying this dog, but the potential really is there for her to have some major problems. Ask lots and lots of questions before you fall in love, because those precious wrinkly faces really do have a way of sucking you right in!

I will now ALWAYS have a bulldog. I waited until I was 40 years old to get one, and now have the rest of my life to make up for those empty 40 years.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 28 7:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > AVMA to vote on raw feeding, please read

Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 11:55am PST 
Of course no one can make raw feeding illegal, but what an "official" statement against it could potentially do is cause a lot of hassle for people who board their dog, or take their dogs to anyplace where a raw fed dog could be banned because the avma says it will make their employees sick.

They don;t need to have ANY proof, the damage will be done
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 22 3:48 pm

Dog Health > Dogs and Heat

Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '12 6:59pm PST 
These types of cooling collars/mats are another option.

Our military uses HTFX cooling materials, both human and canine police officers use them, professional athletes use them.

HTFX

here is a link to information about HTFX materials and how they work.
HTFX information
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 5 6:59 pm

Raw Food Diet > How Long Should it Take...?
Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 4:55pm PST 
do you give him probiotics/digestive enzymes? They really help my dog if she has digestive issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 4:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > I believe I made a mistake... Question on introducing new proteins

Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 2:10pm PST 
Audrey eats canned sardines in olive oil as a treat a few times a month. She LOVES them!

For beef-we get the inexpensive boneless roasts or stew meat. Whatever is on sale. We don't have any non-grocery store sources either, except for mail order, and I would rather my $$ spent go towards the food than shipping.

We never really introduced new proteins slowly, but did add extra probiotics/digestive enzymes. Now she only gets probiotics if she has a period of loose stools or if she has a lot of beef-beef gives her gas if she eats it exclusively for an extended amount of time.

If your dog had THAT dramatic of a reaction to a sardine, I wouldn't repeat sardines until he is well established in his raw diet. My dog was switched to raw because of daily vomiting, she vomits cooked or any kind of processed foods, and she never had a bad reaction to a raw food like that.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 2:10 pm

Dog Health > Never seen anything like it. . .

Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Sat Feb 11, '12 7:23am PST 
very recently on a bulldog board someone reported the exact same thing-her dog displayed random acts of absolute terror. Same thing, howling, yelling, running in a panic, like the hounds of hell were on her heels.

The other bully owners told her it sounded like an ear infection, and sure enough, it was an ear infectioon.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 6:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > CBC before beginning raw? Opinions

Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Fri Feb 10, '12 1:16pm PST 
I don't know what specific nutritional deficiences can be tested for by bloodwork. But I do think a baseline when your dog is healthy is a good idea to have.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 11 9:17 pm

Bulldog > Dry cracked nose
Audrey- Hepbull

Barked: Thu Feb 9, '12 3:18pm PST 
new to the site so I apologize for resurrecting an old thread but . . . I wondered what this DHC (??) is that you mention???

DHC is a company that makes skincare products. Their known for their olive based products-good stuff!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 9 3:18 pm

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.