GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Digging at bedding before sleeping
❤ Sadie- ❤

Miss Sadie the- Trouble Maker

Barked: Tue Dec 20, '11 10:46am PST 
Sounds exactly like Sadie. She digs like no other until she thinks it's just right to lay down. Sometimes she will lay down and get right back up because it's not good enough and start digging at it again.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 6:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Does your dog hate the TV too?
❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Fri Dec 9, '11 7:25pm PST 
Sadie does the exact same thing as scruffy. I keep telling her they are not going to get her but she doesn't quite understand shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 4:20 am

Behavior & Training > Scared of something but what?

❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 3:33pm PST 
With the storm drain, ever since shes started to show fear of it we have to walk smack dab in the middle of the street because there is a storm drain on each side of the street and she won't walk on the sidewalk on either side. Because I can't walk in te middle of my street because it's right at the end we would probably most likely get hit by one of the teenagers on our street to come around the corner without seeing us, I have to pick her up.

Once we are past the storm drain she is totally fine except lately shell stop in her tracks randomly on our walks. I take a look around and no storm drains and no scary Halloween decorations laugh out loud we walked these two routes basically everyday so I don't know why she has this sudden fear shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 3:33 pm

Behavior & Training > Scared of something but what?

❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 7:45am PST 
so Sadie has been really weird on walks lately. She puts down all four paws and will not move. I end up having to pick her up for about 50 feet before putting her back down to try again. The one time it happens consistently every walk is the storm drain at the end of our street. Other than that it happens completely random and never the same place. We have 2 walking routes so we switch it up everyday but it's starting to be every walk she stops at least once randomly. She's not food motivated on walks so I end up having to pick her up. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, how to get her little booty going and why she's doing it? I have to go just dropped by really quick so I'll be back to answer questions smile thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 12 3:33 pm

Behavior & Training > New behavior sigh...

❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Sun Sep 11, '11 10:09am PST 
Thanks B&D, that makes sense. I'll definitely have to try it. I've been working with her outside not on a walk just sitting in the front yard. Hot dogs seem to work but as soon as we are on the move it's a different story.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 10:09 am

Behavior & Training > New behavior sigh...
❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 9:01pm PST 
well tension has grown between Sadie and the neighbors lab/pit mix and cocker spaniel across the street. I had it under control to the point where me and Sadie could walk down the street to the main street and Sadie only let out a few barks (as the other dog is at the gate barking its head off) before listening to me to quiet. Well the neighbors dog has been gone for awhile, where I don't know but, now sadies behavior is to the point where I have to either a) literally drag her down the street or b) pick her up until we get to the end of the street.

A combination of sadies barking plus the neighbors dog barking and then Oakley trying to correct Sadie by mouthing her stirs up all the other dogs in the neighborhood and basically the whole neighborhood knows when I'm walking my dogs. I'm the only owner on the street that walks my dogs regularly so when this neighbors dog (who spends all his time outside) sees us or other humans of course he's going tk get excited and bark, etc.

It's gotten to the point where Sadie stands on her hind legs barking her head off, pulling at the leash like crazy, growling, etc. And like I said it was all under control until he went "missing" and came back a couple weeks later and Sadie went crazy the first time he came back.

I know I have to start at square 1 again which means they have Oakley and Sadie have to get separate walks for awhile but her behavior hasn't been this severe before and she showing not to be food motivated at all on walks anymore I cam barely get her focus on walks when we are going to down our street.

Thank dog we are only renting this house and will be out in the next 4-6 months but I can't deal that long with this problem.

Sorry this is so long. I can try clicker training with her again, but it may take awhile to get used to the noise of the clicker. When I first started clicker trainig it took 2 weeks for Sadie to be accustomed tk the noise of the clicker, but I haven't used it in awhile so we will see.

I'm open to any other suggestions as well. Thanks! And sorry again it's so long.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 10:09 am

Behavior & Training > Dogs who tour

❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 8:46pm PST 
Yes you're in the right place, we can answer your questions and in return reply back to us as well.

It could of just become routine, maybe she is imitating you. For example, when you leave you grab his collar them maybe some thing else and your make a few trips around the house before leaving and he's picked up on that. It file also be a protective thing. Make sure the house is safe before he leaves.

Im not completely sure why your dog might take a tour of the house before heading out the door, but my dog does something similar to it. When we give both of the girls, Sadie and Oakley, a chew bone, Oakley eats hers right away but Sadie goes and "digs" and hides it in the couch then sits next to Oakley as she eats hers. Then once Oakley is done she checks to make sure there isn't any crumbs then she will go grab her bone and plop her little butt right in front of Oakley's face and eat hers. Why? I have no idea but it happens every single time. I can call her next move everytime.

To me I guess it's like a game for her. She finds entertainment out of it I guess. She's got lots of weird behaviors like that. It's just who Sadie is laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 1:42 pm

Dog Health > Anal gland issues...

❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 4:01pm PST 
Thanks Khloe!

We're headed to the vet as soon as possible. She hasn't scooted her booty for a few hours so hoping they expressed on their own but will keep an eye in her.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 3:01 pm

Dog Health > Anal gland issues...

❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Sat Sep 10, '11 2:33pm PST 
so thursday Sadie was groomed and when we picked her up, our groomer said that Sadie's anal glands were really full and thick and hard to express. We have never had a dog with this issues but She's never had this problem before and never showed signs of discomfort, scooting, chewing her bottom, etc, etc. Well two days later today, Sadie began scooting her butt across the carpet and chewing at her bottom, which means either they weren't fully expressed or they filled up again. She had a firm poop this morning and she has been scooting before and after going so obviously she's having problems. I'm taking her to the vet as soon as possible but I was wondering, can anal glands fill up that quickly? shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 3:01 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > shelters requiring a dog "meet 'n greet"
❤ Sadie- ❤

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 11:06am PST 
I think Sadie and Oakley would act pretty similar they are pretty pushy when it comes to dogs coming into their home. Totally fine with them outside or at the dog park but inside a room or their house it's different. When we dogsat for a friend for the first time it took 1 day for Oakley to come around and 2-3 for Sadie to come around. Every little move by the dog they would growl. They were very controlling but by the next day Oakley was playing with the dog and Sadie the same like 3 days later
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 5 11:12 pm

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.