GO!

(Page 1 of 45: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Harley
Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 1:41pm PST 
Thats great news....hope Harley continues to improve and stays as healthy has he can snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 29 5:20 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Dogster Magazine: The Fake-Service-Dog Scam Is Getting More Popular
Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 1:38pm PST 
And I do agree if the police would ticket or arrest these people and organizations that are faker or sell to fakers...it would help a lot...it just seems these penal codes are just ignored confused
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Nov 11 8:14 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Dogster Magazine: The Fake-Service-Dog Scam Is Getting More Popular

Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 1:35pm PST 
I like some of the stuff Scooter says but also agree with Harley, there is a need for both program and Owner trained SD's. Unfortunately like a lot of things SD's are/can be a money making opportunity for some group etc. and most disabled people don't have that kind of money. My next service dog may be a program dog if I am not able to do the work myself, we'll see.

My understanding about the ADI SD, is if you are traveling out the country, like Europe, your won't have any problems, in other words its a lot easier. But if you don't, it is very hard to bring in your Owner trained dog into said country???

Fakers have tried to attack Polly and I more then once...she always handles it like a pro and looks to me for conformation. And I know some people don't like it but that is why I carry a tazer, after being attacked once before.
I don't know if there is a easy answer but I do know that the disabled should never be charged anything for having their owner trained dog certified, if they change the law. And like my husband says.."just like the parking placards some people will always abuse the system, that is just the way it is" dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Nov 11 8:14 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Can a dog work from a stroller?

Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 12:57pm PST 
I think it is fishy as well, could be an ESA or comfort dog and this women has no idea the law has changed in regards to public access for these dogs or just does not care. shrug A women in our town wrote in our local paper about a dog she saw at a restaurant, and the owner of the dog had it up in a chair, eating and drinking off of the dishes...YIKES..of course this writer thought this was awful and made negative comments regarding SD's. So I had to write in to the paper that very day, my letter was posted also and I basically said that this was not acceptable SD behavior and SD's should be under the table or out of the way, I also mentioned the problem with fakers, the finds and jail time, and ESA's and comfort dogs are not covered under public access and a few other things...
These people make so many problems for us..I am lucky, I have not had any customers question me while in a store....that is none of their business, that would be very aggravating! confused
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 18 7:42 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Best responses for "WHATISTHAT?!CANIPET?!OHMYGODWHEREDOIGETONE?!"

Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Sun Oct 6, '13 2:36pm PST 
Samson...I ordered the ADA law and Etiquette cards on SitStay website. I can't find my copy of the flyers I made, I thought I saved them on my computer..but I can't find them.

I guess when I got my new computer I didn't save that over. Anyway, on the front page of the flyer I put a picture of Polly in her vest then under that I put in bold large letter SERVICED DOG ETIQUETTE..it said something like a service dog is not a pet it is a specially trained dog that assist a person with a disability, some disabilities are visible and some are not. My dog is trained to assist me with my disability. When you see a service dog DO NOT: pet, talk too, bark, feed, distract, or interfere with the dog in anyway. THen I put something like, don't get mad if the handler does not feel like talking to you or letting you pet their service dog, you may me the 50th person that day that has approached them, remember the service dog is working and the handler may be tired or not feeling well.

just stuff like that, is what I had on the flyer, you can look up service dog etiquette on line to get some ideas for your flyer. inside the flyer I put info about the ADA law access and I also put that comfort and Emotional support dogs are not covered under the law, and only dogs are used service animals. I also put the laws for my state, California, regarding FAKE service dogs, the fine amount and jail time stuff like that.....I hope this helps, sorry I could not find my flyer copy..I have not used them for about 1 1/2 years. Now I just carry the two cards with the ADA law and SD Etiquette and a copy of the California penal codes for SD. WHewwww laugh out loud this got kinda long...dog Hope this helps you, my head is kinda foggy today..hope this is readable
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 7:04 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Harley
Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 9:29am PST 
Sorry to hear this...hug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Oct 29 5:20 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Best responses for "WHATISTHAT?!CANIPET?!OHMYGODWHEREDOIGETONE?!"

Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Fri Oct 4, '13 9:27am PST 
Hi and welcome..You will always have to deal with questions and can I pet. Some people make flyers with info about SD etiquette and how to act when a person see's a SD team. I have done this in the past and it does help. I let them know that any breed can be a SD, if they have the right temperament and they must have SD training, public access training, etc...On my flyer I also put the law regarding people using a FAKE SD as this is fraud and I also list the fine amount and jail time.

You can put info on your flyer that states this along with the etiquette stuff or you can order SD etiquette cards off of the internet along with the ADA law cards they don't cost much, and just hand those out.

Just be aware that you will have days when people will drive you a little nuts and other days when no one bothers you at all. I just try to educate when I feel up to it and if not I just keep my response very short, keep moving and or don't make eye contact. you will get use to it.
Good luck with your beautiful pup dog
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 7:04 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > ADA require paperwork!!

Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Thu Sep 26, '13 10:22am PST 
Certification seems to work in Europe and Canada. A person can make up all kinds of crazy scenarios, but The ADA laws have changed before, March 15, 2011, and it will change again. And like Nova said, there should be no charge for certification.
Anything to help stop fake SD's is OK my be.
[notify]
» There has since been 50 posts. Last posting by , Nov 1 4:27 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > OMG my SD Rules

Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 3:27pm PST 
Very good! applause
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 8:19 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > What An Amazing Dog
Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 3:23pm PST 
Great job! applause
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 3:23 pm

(Page 1 of 45: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.