Postings by Taggert

GO!

(Page 1 of 36: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Tips on freezing meat
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '14 1:14pm PST 
when you first get your food, portion it into the units of measurement that your dog eats per meal. That way you are only thawing in the fridge whatever the dog is going to eat that day. The less you have to thaw and refreeze stuff the better.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Mar 24 1:14 pm

Raw Food Diet > How long can raw food stay down?
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '14 1:05am PST 
10 minutes is a pretty standard feeding time, even if the dog is not on raw. Actually If a dog hasn't eaten anything in 5 minutes, he is usually being a picky puss, but give them 5 minutes leeway.

Taggert is very picky. There is this turkey neck grind that my butcher does, and foxxy loves it. It's high in bone though. Tagert won't touch it. He takes a bite, tastes the bone, and turns his nose up every time. After a week of snubbing it, I broke down and got him some beef heart and tongue. I can't starve him very long because he is naturally almost too skinny as it is. He wolfed that right up without a second glance.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Mar 14 1:05 am

Food & Nutrition > Good canned dog food that looks "real"

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Dec 27, '13 10:10am PST 
skip the cans which are bad for the environment and go with I and Love and you In the raw.

Cans are messy, filled with water that comes from a non-local source, and contribute to tons of waste. Dehydrated casts about the same or cheaper than buying the expensive cans that have more than just pate. With dehydrated, it's the same nutrition, only you are not paying for water, you are adding your own.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Dec 27 10:10 am

Dog Health > Dog lost consciousness

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Sun Nov 17, '13 10:52am PST 
OMG that's so scary! eek

Our tiny ones can be so tough one moment and so fragile the next. With a spirit as big as a dog has, it's sometimes hard to think of them as weighing less than a gallon of water (a gallon of water weighs 8lbs)

Your vet's probably right. All it takes is to pinch just the wrong two neck bones together and it's lights out. That's probably what happened. If your dog is fine now, just watch for weakness in the limbs, sudden changes in behavior and sore spots on the neck. YOur dog will tell you if you hit a spot when you are petting him. Hopefully it was just one of those freak accidents. Thank god you knew how to do nose to snout!happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Nov 19 11:18 pm

Dog Health > Stomach making noises, no other symptoms...

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Tue Nov 12, '13 1:12am PST 
I think stomach gurgling is normal, just like it is for humans. Just give the poor dog a bit of food. If it's not a regular mealtime, a piece of carrot or fennel works well. Sometimes Taggert gurgles in the morning. That's how I know he's just super hungry for whatever reason.

Dogs are not so fragile that rumbling tummies mean doom and gloom vet time. I'm sure they think they're dying of hunger, but dogs are drama queens like that.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Nov 12 5:33 pm

Raw Food Diet > Eggs, how many for a meal?
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 1:37pm PST 
1 large egg, the typical egg that people get, has 70 calories all by itself. dogs need 25 calories per pound to survive. I wouldn't give my dog all eggs though. Maybe one or two a month. Give too many, eventually they will have a problem with the amount of B vitamins. there's a sometin in eggs that interferes with the absorption of B
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lily and Moira, Nov 7 5:13 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breed for Chronically Ill

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 1:05pm PST 
Samoyed.

Samoyeds are big and fluffy and they smile all the time. They're pretty happy go lucky dogs who just like to be with their people. A little stubborn, but most good dogs are, and they're big enough to mobility assist if you need it
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Nov 8 11:15 am

Dog Health > Broken and Exposed Quick

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 2:01pm PST 
Taggert did this to his dew claw last year, and the only thing you can really do for it is keep it clean with witch hazel
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Nov 1 2:01 pm

Dog Health > Does anyone have epileptic dogs?

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Sun Oct 27, '13 10:01am PST 
I don't know if you might be interested but there is a clinical FDA study of dogs with epilepsy and free care for the dog if you might be interested. It was in my FB wall this morning

Help for dogs with seizures
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Oct 27 10:01 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Help!! We have a war on fleas!
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Oct 21, '13 2:08am PST 
rub diatomaceous earth into their fur in addition when you comb them. It will dehydrate and kill eggs and adults. Maybe if your pets like to dustbathe you could put a pan of it for them to roll in.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Dec 2 3:02 am

(Page 1 of 36: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.