Close X

Postings by Yoshi

GO!

(Page 1 of 186: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > correcting a dog that was provoked
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Oct 22, '16 12:23am PST 
That's exactly what I would've done as well. Glad other people agree. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Oct 22 12:23 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Oct 4, '16 12:46pm PST 
Has anybody heard from M and K's mom lately on facebook or anything? We'd scheduled a phone date about a month ago, but nothing happened. I've tried calling and emailing her several times since then, but I still haven't heard anything, so I was wondering if anybody else has talked to her recently. I hope she's OK.
[notify]
» There has since been 101 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:07 pm

Behavior & Training > correcting a dog that was provoked

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '16 12:58pm PST 
I'm not sure how many people will read this, but the other day I went to see my esthetician, and she has 2 female dogs (golden retriever/GSDX and maltese/shih tzuX). Both dogs are rescues. My friend told me that the night before, her husband was taunting the larger dog and getting in her face while she was eating, and finally the dog had had enough, so she snapped at him. While Crystal knows that her husbandd was at fault, she still felt the need to correct the dog because she didn't think it was OK for her to snap at her owner. My personal belief is that if any animal has been provoked by a human, I will not punish the animal for reacting naturally. I'm also not comfortable with the way in which Crystal corrected her dog. I was just wondering what y'all's thoughts were on this. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Oct 22 12:23 am

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '16 2:02am PST 
Everypup! wave Am I dreaming or is this for real? I gave up on dogster over the summer when all that community closing down fiasco was happening, thinking there wasn't any point in getting back on, but for some reason I decided to get on tonight to see what happens, and I can't believe everybody is still here. I guess we're here to stay after all? confused shock thinking If this is real and I'm not crazy, then I'm not going anywhere. smile

My life has been very full the last 2 months. I received some good news from the American library of congress a few days ago that I will probably be getting my braille certification in December. Once that happens, I'll finally be able to start looking for a teaching job here in Texas and doing what I really love. smile
The biggest news of all is that I now have a boyfriend. His name is Mark and we've been together since 7/19/16. He's 57 and is a contractor for the railroad company Union Pecific. I know a lot of you guys have seen me in bad relationships in the past and you're probably worried that this one won't be any different, but I promise Mark and I are very much in love and this is the best relationship I've ever had. Sure we have a lot of obstacles to overcome, but it's nothing that can't be worked through over time. smile We took a trip down to the ocean in Galviston over the labor day weekend and even visited the Houston SPCA. Weekend trips is not something I'd ever done in any of my past relationships, not even with Chris, and we were engaged for several months. frown Mark and I are thinking about moving in together after Christmas, and there's a friend of a friend of mine who has a litter of mastiff/boxer/newfiex's, so I might finally have my own pup. cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 109 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:07 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '16 2:02am PST 
Everypup! wave Am I dreaming or is this for real? I gave up on dogster over the summer when all that community closing down fiasco was happening, thinking there wasn't any point in getting back on, but for some reason I decided to get on tonight to see what happens, and I can't believe everybody is still here. I guess we're here to stay after all? confused shock thinking If this is real and I'm not crazy, then I'm not going anywhere. smile

My life has been very full the last 2 months. I received some good news from the American library of congress a few days ago that I will probably be getting my braille certification in December. Once that happens, I'll finally be able to start looking for a teaching job here in Texas and doing what I really love. smile
The biggest news of all is that I now have a boyfriend. His name is Mark and we've been together since 7/19/16. He's 57 and is a contractor for the railroad company Union Pecific. I know a lot of you guys have seen me in bad relationships in the past and you're probably worried that this one won't be any different, but I promise Mark and I are very much in love and this is the best relationship I've ever had. Sure we have a lot of obstacles to overcome, but it's nothing that can't be worked through over time. smile We took a trip down to the ocean in Galviston over the labor day weekend and even visited the Houston SPCA. Weekend trips is not something I'd ever done in any of my past relationships, not even with Chris, and we were engaged for several months. frown Mark and I are thinking about moving in together after Christmas, and there's a friend of a friend of mine who has a litter of mastiff/boxer/newfiex's, so I might finally have my own pup. cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 110 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:07 pm

What I Love About Dogster > keeping in touch
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Jul 13, '16 9:50am PST 
Jack, mommy can't do facebook, remember?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Teddy, Aug 8 6:11 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '16 11:27pm PST 
Sonja, I just sent you a pmail with my personal email address. Feel free to email me whenever you get a chance. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 269 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:07 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '16 7:08pm PST 
Hey guys. I heard about a new forum that dogsters are going to.
http://www.dogsterfriends.freeforums.net/
I've been trying to join all day, but the recapcha thing is taking forever to load on my computer. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 271 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:07 pm

What I Love About Dogster > keeping in touch

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jul 11, '16 5:05pm PST 
Afro Ken, I don't think we ever got to know each other, but I've certainly heard about you. Let me tell you this, good minds think alike. smile

I've been trying to join the new forum all day, but can't seem to get past the thing where I'm supposed to verify that I'm a human and not a spam bot. Guest, do you know who's running the forum? Maybe is there a way I can speak to them on the phone? I can't do the visual challenge. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Teddy, Aug 8 6:11 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Jul 7, '16 4:22pm PST 
Does anybody know how Jasper's biopsy went today?
[notify]
» There has since been 298 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 1:07 pm

(Page 1 of 186: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.