Postings by Yoshi

GO!

(Page 1 of 158: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > update on BF and future pup
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Nov 19, '14 12:22pm PST 
Well I have good news and bad news. Good news is that the BF and I have finally decided that a GSD is the right dog for us. It's a breed that we both enjoy and could bring into our lives.cheer The bad news is, BF just lost his job today, and so we'll be facing some very hard times for the next little while. cry Therefore, the dog thing is gonna be put on hold for now. If anybody is reading this, please keep your paws crossed that BF will find a new job soon and we can move on with our lives. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jubal / Tesla, Wed 7:25 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > KInda a stupid question but, present for SD?
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '14 7:59am PST 
Maybe you could make her a turkey dinner. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Breezy CGC-PAT Program SD, Nov 14 9:39 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Who oversees the State Licensing Board?

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 4:51pm PST 
I'm so sorry your poor boy had to go through all that. cry I can't imagine what he must've felt. I'm in pain just reading about this. I hope you're able to bring this vet to justice.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 15 9:41 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Update right choice for elderly couple? Protection opinion?

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 9:08am PST 
Would you ever consider a bull mastiff for your grandparents? They're big dogs with big barks, and I'm sure even a look could deter unwanted visiters. =)
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Nov 14 10:43 am

Choosing the Right Dog > looking for breed ideas

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 3:05pm PST 
Sometimes it's hard to tell whether the BF truly wants a dog. A lot of times he acts like he does, but sometimes I wonder if he only wants one because it would make me happy. At this point it doesn't look like he's gonna be moving into an apartment anytime soon. Business is terrible where BF is working. I'm friends with one of the girls that used to work there, and she's surprised they haven't already gone out of business. Therefore, BF is probably gonna be stuck in that motel for a while longer than he'd planned, so the dog probably will be a pretty long time coming. frown

Charlene's death in 2009 really ripped his heart out. She was with the BF through some of his roughest times including a very unhappy marriage. He loved that dog more than his ex wife. The BF had actually known Charlene for a couple years before adopting her. He met her while doing community service at an animal rescue. Charlene would always come to the front of her kennel to play with BF and they developed a very strong bond. When he went back to the rescue the second time just to see the animals, she was still there. Charlene pretty much adopted Chris, and he took her home. They were inseparable for the next 10 years. Chris has never had any kids, so Charlene was his baby. The night she passed away was horrible. Chris tried to get her into the E-vet, but they wouldn't look at her because Chris couldn't pay them upfront. While Chris was arguing with them on the phone, Charlene died in his arms. Chris slept on the floor with her that night, and it wasn't till the next morning when he got her into the vet that he found out she had liver cancer. Chris loved that dog so much that if he'd known she'd had liver cancer while she was still alive and that a liver transplant would save her, he would've done it. For several weeks after Charlene crossed the bridge, Chris broke down if he saw a dog that looked like her. He hasn't gotten another dog since, but he's always said he'd have another Charlene in a heartbeat.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 12 3:05 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 10:34pm PST 
Yeah, and neither do maltese, but I think BF's complaint will be that they require too much grooming and are too high maintenance. frown Sometimes I feel like he's gonna object to any breed that I suggest if it's not another Charlene. I wish they'd have told me that men were harder to train than dogs. naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 12 3:05 pm

Behavior & Training > Help, new puppy bonding to older dog more than us?

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 6:50pm PST 
I think you're being a little unreasonable here. Some dogs prefer the company of other dogs to humans, and I really don't think there's anything you can do about it nor should you try to discourage it. That is just her personality, so don't try to force your puppy to be something she's not. Just let your dogs be happy. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Nov 12 12:56 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Disneyland with SD and SDIT

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 2:16pm PST 
I know somebody who took her Pomeranian SD to Disney world in Florida. I don't think they'd be a problem, but I'd call ahead just to let them know. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 11 2:16 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Ohh wow you would never think that.

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 2:12pm PST 
wave How is it up at the bridge?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tilly, Tue 3:36 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 2:10pm PST 
Chis are probably my least favourite dogs, but I admit the long haired ones are sweet. Funny you mentioned them because I've been thinking about them quite a bit lately. It does seem like the long haired chis have a better temperament than the short haired chis. smile

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I feel like the BF makes all these excuses and complains about every breed I suggest because he wants another Charlene.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Nov 12 3:05 pm

(Page 1 of 158: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.