Postings by Yoshi

GO!

(Page 1 of 165: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Abandoned advice don't know what to do?
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '15 2:01pm PST 
How long have they been in their new house? I'd say they're probably still in the moving process, but you'd think they'd at least return your calls and texts. How come you can't keep Onnyx?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Onyx, Wed 5:38 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > looking for breed ideas
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '15 3:13pm PST 
B'Elanna, funny you should suggest that I get rid of Chris and get the dog. The way our relationship has been going lately, I'm kinda heading in that direction. laugh out loud All through our relationship, I let him have whatever he wanted and allowed him to get away with certain things. I'm starting to think that letting me have my dream dogs is the least he could do. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Sat 3:13 pm

Behavior & Training > Help.. My dog attacks unneutered male dogs.

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Jan 22, '15 9:31am PST 
Charlie. wave Haven't seen you in a while Girlie.

I think it's very admirable that you guys all manage to run a smooth household with intact dogs and not have issues, but I personally am gonna alter my dogs when I have them, of course after they're done growing. It's what works for me. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Thu 8:29 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '15 10:13pm PST 
Sabs, I actually did know about the growth plates. Thanks for reminding me. I should've thought of that earlier. naughty In that regard, then yes, I disagree with pediatric desexing. However, I do have a few questions about some other things you mentioned.

1. Do altered dogs have gender identity issues to the same degree as humans? Would they know that something is missing? After all, when they're altered, everything is taken from inside. of them. All the external parts are still there. laugh out loud
2. You said that altered females are at a greater risk of getting UTI's. If they're intact, wouldn't the risk of pyametra be even more deadly? Would intact males also be at a risk of getting testicular and prostate cancer?
3. As for the aggression, I think I heard that intact dogs are more likely to become aggressive since there would be all kinds of wild testosterone and estrogen.
4. What made you decide to leave your dogs intact? What would they be like if you'd altered them?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Thu 8:29 pm

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '15 7:30am PST 
At this point, I tend to agree with Woodstock. Unless your dog has medical issues that make surgery a risk or you're planning on breeding, I don't see a legitimate reason not to alter. That being said, I know Sabs and many others on here are very experienced and feel very strongly about this, so maybe you can tell me why you guys choose to keep your dogs intact. There may be some good reasons that I'm not aware of. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Thu 8:29 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Protection Dogs
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Jan 19, '15 10:18am PST 
I think Tibetan mastiffs make good guard dogs too. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Happy, Sat 4:38 pm

Pomeranian > convincing the BF?

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '15 8:34pm PST 
I have been wanting a Pomeranian for years and years and am finally closer to the point where I can finally have my dream dog. The only problem is that the BF isn't on board. He once lived with a BYB who bred poms, and unfortunately it warped his impression of the breed forever, and so he can't stand them because he thinks they bark too much. I am well aware that poms can be vocal, but I know that with consistent positive training this can be managed. Has any of you had this experience before? How did you convince your SO that a pom was the perfect breed for your family?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Jan 18 8:34 pm

Pomeranian > what color will my pomeranian be?

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Jan 18, '15 8:08pm PST 
I guess I'm very late on this, but condogs on your new baby. It sounds like she'll most likely be some sort of particolor. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Jan 18 8:08 pm

Behavior & Training > Strange night time beahvior just started.

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '15 10:08am PST 
Hmm, this is certainly really weird. confused Do you live in a house or apartment? Could there be something going on outside that she senses that makes her uncomfortable that you're not aware of, thus making her feel more secure under the bed/in her crate? Have you recently been using different bed clothes from what she's used to? I know that sounds stupid, but sometimes I think dogs are a lot more sensitive than we rrealize. The smallest things can set them off. There's another question I wanna ask you, but I'm not gonna ask it here. I'll pmail you. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Juju, Jan 19 4:12 pm

Senior Dogs > I don't know what is the right thing to do. Any help appreciated.
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '15 5:20pm PST 
Why didn't I even think of that? naughty
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Sun 7:33 am

(Page 1 of 165: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.