Postings by Yoshi

GO!

(Page 1 of 166: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > mom and female pup living together
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Mar 2, '15 7:59am PST 
This is a mother and a daughter though, so does it make a difference? Sadly I've heard of animals having problems within the family which is a concept I'll always have difficulty grasping. Doesn't the mother know that this is her daughter and won't hurt her?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Marley, Today 6:14 pm

Puppy Place > Newbie saying WOOF (HI)
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '15 3:46pm PST 
Welcome to dogster. wave
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Reina, Thu 3:49 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > My Name is Diamond the Diva Dog and I Would Love to Meet You!

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '15 8:01pm PST 
Welcome to dogster Love. smile PPR coming your way. XD
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Feb 21 8:01 pm

Dog Health > Oral osteosarcoma/maxillectomy

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '15 7:58pm PST 
Gosh girl, I wish I could help you. I hope Jasper will pop in at some point. She's a vet tech and could most likely give you some answers. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Sat 7:41 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > so huskies are now on the list too? really people?

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '15 5:17pm PST 
Wow Jasper, that's crazy. Somehow I have a hard time believing that a dog can attack/kill somebody out of the blue for no apparent reason. The one where the little boy screamed sounds like something that could've triggered an instinctual prey drive in the husky that attacked him. However the other stories seem outrageous to me. I know this is far-fetched, but do you if think there was any type of foul play involved in any of those cases? I feel inclined to believe that there must've been signs in the dogs that the owners had overlooked. The thing that upsets me about these stories is that 99% of the time these cases are very preventable. 99% of the time the blame is put on the dogs. If people were more responsible and took extra precaution to make sure their children and animals were safe, I think it would cut the dog fatalities a great deal. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Feb 20 3:01 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > This is a long shot..
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 12:55pm PST 
I'm so sorry baby girl. Why'd your mom take her to the shelter?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zero, Feb 17 9:45 pm

Behavior & Training > Introducing dogs to new baby

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 12:52pm PST 
Congrats on the new baby. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you as I don't have kids and don't plan on it anytime soon. However, maybe you can get a simulated baby that cries and all that so they get used to the sound. You can also push a stroller around on walks so that they'll get used to it. Will it just be you and the dogs and babies or do you have other people helping you out? I'd say for the first week or so you might wanna see if Joey and Leila can stay with a friend or something just so you won't be so overwhelmed. Knowing what they're like though, I honestly don't anticipate any problems. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Feb 17 12:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Its me or the dog

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sun Feb 15, '15 10:06pm PST 
I think sitting down with him and having a talk with him is not a bad idea. Has there perhaps been a bad experience with giant dogs in his past that you don't know about? Has his daughter's mother or any of his friends filled his head with a bunch of misconceptions? I'm just saying that it's very possible that he may have a legitimate concern that you don't know about. However, this is your house and your dogs. I agree with Koby that if it were me, I'd get rid of the BF and keep the dogs. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Moose, Feb 16 7:40 am

Dog Health > 5month old Presa Canario puppy with Liver Disease

Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '15 1:36pm PST 
Jasper, if the pup does indeed have liver disease at such a young age, will this affect her quality of life? Could it possibly be treatable and reverted with proper diet and medication?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Feb 19 11:14 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > so huskies are now on the list too? really people?
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '15 1:27pm PST 
Buba, I agree with you there. IDK why I didn't even think of that. You're right. Any dog can become dangerous when not controled properly. I do think that genetics and the way they're raised has everything to do with it. It does sound like the black lab incident could've been an accident though. What happened to you was that the way you were reacting enhanced the dog's pray drive, so that's why they reacted that way. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Demon Shadow, Feb 20 3:01 pm

(Page 1 of 166: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.