Postings by Khloe

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Behavior & Training > Ever wonder if your dog will protect you?
Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Thu Jun 21, '12 7:26am PST 
Khloe would and did. I was molested years ago, not too long after we adopted him, if I recall correctly. Khloe bit the man and stopped him from going any further than he did.

Kail I'm not so sure of. I've heard her bark aggressively only two times. Once was at an unfamiliar man at night ... but the other time she was barking at a parked car. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kahuna, Jun 25 10:44 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Have you looked at your dogs ashes ?
Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Sat Jan 14, '12 10:07pm PST 
Khloe's ashes came to me in a wooden box with a lock and key. His ashes are sitting on my dresser now, with his backpack holding his shirts and bandannas and harness, and his favorite toys and his collar, pictures of him, a painting I had done of him, cards, and a clay paw print the vet did before he passed. I wear a necklace with some of his ashes... I plan to bury some of his ashes at the family cabin, as it was his favorite place in the world, but I'm not ready just yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Seela, May 8 12:15 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Rowan died on Saturday

Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Wed Dec 21, '11 8:30pm PST 
hug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Lil Man IZZ, Dec 27 3:50 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > Don't call me mommy?

Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 7:30pm PST 
I've called myself Khloe's Momma, as does/did the family (my parents are Grandpa and Grandpa, my sisters are his Aunts)... We didn't really have a mother-son relationship, but hey - why not? shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Steel, Nov 20 8:50 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye, Khloe

Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 7:10pm PST 
Khloe went to the Rainbow Bridge Saturday morning.

He became sick in October - he stopped eating (unless we mixed wet food or yogurt in with his kibble, which was odd because we'd recently switched him to Orijen, which he LOVED more than any other kibble he'd ever had) and was a bit more sleepy than usual. He had bloodwork done that showed he was hypercalcemic.

He was on high doses of lasix and prednisone to flush his system for a week (it made him eat like a pig), and when his bloodwork was redone his calcium levels were back to normal. We started to wean him off the medicine... He became sick again, worse than before - he was lethargic, stumbling, vomiting bile, & was dehydrated and not eating. We took him to the emergency vet where they ran tests and gave him fluids overnight. He didn't respond to the medicine they gave him there, his calcium was continuing to rise (to the point the tests couldn't read how high the levels were). He ate a little at the e-vet's and held it down, so we took him home the night after we checked him in while a test was sent out to check for hyperparathyroidism (which we were really hoping for - by this point the possible causes were narrowed down to cancer or hpt).

We convinced him to eat some chicken and rice the next morning, but he wasn't doing well. A week later he was doing even worse... he started vomiting again and wouldn't eat anything we cooked for him, I'd been force feeding him for days. He was very weak... I had to help him to bed, I'd never had to before. He was crying (softly, but it was near constantly - until his final night when he finally managed to get comfortable on the couch and fell asleep snoring, something he also never did). We called the vet several times on Friday trying to find out about his test results. When they finally got back to us, we were given the news that he had cancer.

I made the decision to let him go. We had no idea where the cancer was, we were given told the next step would to have an ultrasound performed, but he was suffering and going downhill fast, and I felt that he would be too weak for treatment if we did find the cancer. I keep feeling like we could've done more, but then I look at those pictures of his last night and his last car ride to the vet and he was obviously suffering...

Everyone who could make it to the vet to say goodbye did. He was really loved... we all crowded into the room to say our goodbyes. Everyone left when he was given the injection except me and my father. He reached his head toward me and whined... I held him until he passed and stayed a long while after he was gone. It was horrible, but everyone keeps telling me I did the right thing...

He was my baby, my best friend. I was "his girl", his momma. He was always there protecting me (mostly from things I didn't need to be protected from, but...) Through all the counseling and medications I've had for my depression, he was the most helpful. He was my reason for getting up in the mornings most days, the reason I got out of the house and started feeling better. He helped me through a lot of tough times... I'll always be grateful for that. I wish I could've done more to help him...

Rest in peace, Baa Baa. I love you.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Angel Annie, Nov 19 9:15 am

Get Well Soon > My Khloe is sick.
Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 5:50pm PST 
The vet finally got back to me about his blood test. He has cancer.
He's suffering... We're going to put him to sleep tomorrow morning...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 12 8:30 pm

Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Thu Nov 3, '11 1:12pm PST 
Thank you so much, Mika & Kai.

I was just at the vet to visit Khloe. He's not responding to the medicine, his calcium is so high the machine can't read it... He was very happy to see his family, he wagged his tail and jumped a bit (with an IV still in his leg, silly dog). I brought his favorite blanket and his favorite toy, his squeaky pig. He chewed on the pig for a few seconds and then just laid down on the floor for rubbings... Poor guy. He was exhausted.

The vet is really thinking it's hyperparathyroidism. I left him there for a few more hours so they can draw blood to send out to test for a parathyroid problem and they're going to try to feed him and see if he can hold it down so that he can come home later. We'll get the test results sometime next week.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 12 8:30 pm

Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Wed Nov 2, '11 7:30pm PST 
Khloe's staying in the hospital tonight.

He stopped eating again and was vomiting bile. He started being aggressive with my dad last night (and the vet we saw today, which is unusual for him - usually he just gets scared, not mean) and earlier today he was stumbling a bit.

The vet just called a little while ago about the results of his bloodwork they did tonight. She said his calcium levels are back up, he's dehydrated and his creatine levels are high. They're giving him lasix and fluids to flush the calcium...

They're doing other tests, but at the moment she said she can't give a good prognosis since we don't know what's causing the elevated calcium levels.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 12 8:30 pm

Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 5:03pm PST 
Hi, all! Sorry I haven't posted in a while.
Khloe was in for x-rays and bloodwork on Friday, and the vet just called me a little while ago about the results. His calcium is back to normal! big grin Nothing abnormal on the x-rays, either. So now I just have to keep an eye on him while we taper him off the medicine.
Thank you for the support, everyone. I'll keep you updated!
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 12 8:30 pm

Get Well Soon > Prayer request please...
Khloe

Oh, is it a- dream?

Barked: Mon Oct 17, '11 11:18am PST 
hug
You're in our thoughts, Rain!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ♥ DarlaMae ♥, Dec 21 8:37 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.