GO!

(Page 1 of 75: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Premium meat kibble vs homecooked vegetarian diet
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Tue Jul 1, '14 10:14pm PST 
Let them know how selfish they are being. They are acting no better than strictly religious parents extremely limiting their kids. Dogs know what is best for themselves, so tell your sister to let the dog choose.. have them put out a bowl of vegetarian food, a bowl of kibble, and a steak.. lets bet on where the dog goes to!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 3 9:47 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service dog | blue pitbull | XXL Pitbull
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Tue Jul 1, '14 10:10pm PST 
dogss aren't made.. confused they aren't an item or product.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 1:23 am

Behavior & Training > Trouble finding socialization oppertunites! PLEASE HELP!

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Mon Jun 16, '14 6:51am PST 
why does your dog need to meet these other dogs ? Nare doesn't like other dogs, he used to pull and bark and hackle up when he saw them, but now can be calmly walked through a crowd and exchange sniffs with some of them (he doesn't like jumpy weird dogs, they worry him). All that mattered to me was that he was happy and safe, but it was a weird experience because we went to the dog park 3-4 times a week before he became fearful of other dogs (which I now acknowledge was my fault for not protecting him, and the other dogs were probably just like him and the owners were to blind to see their dogs pain).

It took me a long time to put behind me that Nare didn't need other dogs, all he needed was me. I'm very glad tho that I can bring other dogs into the pack and he loves them because he can trust me to handle the situation now, instead of doing it himself. smile
I did the whole "waste hundreds of dollars on trainers/training tools"... if you wish to continue that path, work on making your dog happy and comfortable.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 16 10:41 am

Food & Nutrition > Petsmart Family and Friends Weekend

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '14 11:14pm PST 
You don't even have to print it out, just mention it at the register and we have one to scan for everyone who is unable to print or forgot. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 9 3:23 am

Behavior & Training > Interview Tomorrow-Need Training Buzzwords

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '14 9:12am PST 
I work at Petsmart, and really the only thing they care about is you being positive and confident (and able to sell your class). They will hire someone with no experience, because it is easier to train them instead of rewiring someone else. A lot of owners who take classes at my store DRIVEMEINSANE because they feel their dog "isn't doing good enough" to get a treat, well if you're only giving them a treat every 5 minutes I wouldn't listen to you either!
Theres a variety of trainers at my store, one will allow prongs in the class and believes in social dominance between humans and dogs (one of those people that say playing tug will make your dog aggressive)... another is the complete opposite and embraces everything positive.. and one just likes to throw no-pull harnesses and head harnesses on every dog walking by.

When hired on as a trainer you'll work as a normal associate for 4 - 6 months and then they'll send you to accreditation (mine is on July 28!) to train under a corporate trainer.. I am ready to blow them out of the water haha.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 6 1:46 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog nips at children
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Tue May 20, '14 8:59pm PST 
I remember you from when you first got Luka!!

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Nare is also uneasy around children, they run around, make weird noises, throw their bodies everywhere.. he can't easily predict what they're going to do so he is just freaked out by them.

If possible at all. I'd have your friends hold onto or restrain their kids, maybe put the kids in a play pen, so Luka can watch and try to decipher them. Give her treats when she does calming signals (lick lips, yawns, shakes, scratches, etc.), this is a two way street. Your friend's kids need to learn they can't play or pet every dog, and Luka needs to learn that every kid isn't going to invade her space or get freaky with her. Try practicing obedience with the kids in the room so she gets comfortable, and maybe crate her in the same room so she can watch knowing shes in a safe place ( and dont let the kids approach her crate!)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 22 2:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > Free Greenies

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 9:12pm PST 
anything with any kind of starch, sugar, or carbohydrate, is what ruins your dogs teeth. any Greenies has all of those!

The only thing that cleans teeth is a nice slab of meat.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 14 8:53 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Low energy dog with a spitz-like appearance?

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 9:08pm PST 
Nah. I wouldn't say stubborn. They aren't a Border Collie, but just like any other dog they love to learn, you just need the right motivator. wink All the Shibas I know have Agility and Flyball titles, it is just the amount of work you put into them and what you 'think' is stubbornness. An example is I know a 9 month old Shiba pup who doesn't know how to down. He does but he has difficulty with it? But he does amazing things and is in Tavi's agility class. Very cool guy. They've just got personality. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 12:33 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Low energy dog with a spitz-like appearance?

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 3:05pm PST 
He can adopt an older Shiba Inu. They're couch potatoes.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 12:33 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > *****DO NOT BUY FROM KEYSTONE PUPPIES******
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Tue May 6, '14 2:11pm PST 
I'll have to say that there is /no/ demand. That is why you think reputable breeders are failing to meet some demand. The reasons reputable breeders breed only on a full moon is because there is such little demand that they wait to breed until they know there is enough homes for the litter. This can take a few weeks, months, or even years.

Sure, there are a lot of people who want a dog. Thats all though. An impulse buy. With no research or investment for the dog's future. When someone buys a dog, all they see is the sticker price, not the maintenance.

Idk why you're so caught up with money, though ? When it comes to my dog, or even myself, money is no cause of concern. I've got enough padding to take care of most things, and I think everyone who even considers a dog should have a budget and savings account. I saved for over a year to accommodate my dog. Is that really that hard to do ?

Not to mention, going with a good breeder will mean the dog has someplace to go in the worst case scenario. At least you'll know the dog is going to someone who understand the dog and knows the in and outs of their pedigree, instead of bouncing around rescues, shelters, fosters, etc.

Guest, you seem to be on your own high horse. Like you're entitled to a puppy / dog because you want one, but you don't want to invest any time, money, or energy into doing so. I would not sell you a puppy. That seems to be the root cause of your anger.

"You think I would tell any of my feelings to any breeder in person or on any screening survey they make me fill out? No. I know I wouldn't place in their ridiculous 'pageant' if I did. But I also feel like I can't enter the pageant even if I wanted to,"
[notify]
» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by , May 7 12:52 am

(Page 1 of 75: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.