GO!

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Low energy dog with a spitz-like appearance?
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Fri May 9, '14 9:24am PST 
I think that his favorites in terms of appearance (I don't think he knows about personality so much, since he's not terribly into dogs and is only in the beginning phases of research) are Huskies and Samoyeds. If we could find something in rescue that was older and calmer, I think that would suit him well. smile

I recommended an older Pom or Pom mix. He was kind of turned off the breed with crazy foster dog Autumn, but I assured him that she was particularly high energy for a Pomeranian. When he's ready, I can actually get him in touch with the Pom rescue too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 12:33 pm

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Thu May 8, '14 5:46am PST 
Ah, okay. I'll pass it on smile.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 12:33 pm

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 3:11pm PST 
I was thinking an older dog too. I'm a little hesitant to recommend a Shiba though, since I have heard that they were stubborn. A training challenge really isn't up his alley.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 12:33 pm

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 2:46pm PST 
Does something like that even exist? I'm asking for my brother, who likes the look of spitz dogs but is a couch potato. He says that he would prefer a small-medium sized dog. I really don't know what to tell him. Do you have any ideas?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 12:33 pm

Sports & Agility > Dalmatian road trials.

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Fri May 2, '14 9:00am PST 
Dalmatians. Horses. Sounds right up my alley big grin. I wonder what everyone else thinks about this?

http://www.thedca.org/roadtrial.html
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 2 9:00 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Are there many rescues that would allow you to foster with an intact dog in the home?
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '14 11:40am PST 
You know what's awesome? I found TWO Border Collie rescues in Texas that support responsible breeding! big grin I talked with one of them about volunteering (can't foster right now, but will after I'm through with college) and I mentioned that I would possibly be getting a show dog as well, and asked how they felt about that. They said that, obviously, they'd be careful about who they placed with me, but that it would otherwise be ok!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 29 4:27 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Are there many rescues that would allow you to foster with an intact dog in the home?

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Tue Apr 29, '14 10:35am PST 
Thanks Milo! I'd like to foster for the Border Collie rescue (though this won't be until after I've gone to college, and possibly graduate school as well if I decide to go that route). I found two in Texas currently that were linked by the national breed club. But, I'd like to get a Dalmatian as my show dog. I just hope that I'll be able to get a decent place to live that I can have such high energy dogs...I was thinking about staying in Lubbock, but I think that Dallas is really more dog friendly thinking. Either way, not going to be for a while, so I guess it doesn't matter that much right now smile.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 4:27 pm

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 5:11pm PST 
Well, breed-specific is okay. I have volunteered for a couple of breed-specific rescues in my area though, and they are vehemently anti-breeder frown. I guess I could check the national clubs thinking.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 4:27 pm

Calamity- Jane

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '14 1:40pm PST 
Though it's not going to be for a while, I want to know, because I don't want to give up rescuing when I have my show dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 29 4:27 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What is your dream dog(s)?
Calamity- Jane

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '14 2:25pm PST 
I love reading everyone's response! I love my guys, but there are some glaring issues (99% my fault) that I would like changed. Link would be the closest thing to my dream dog: he's got the right energy, the right size, and he's absolutely lovable (with me anyways), but his behavior issues are kind of hard for me to deal with.

Caledonia, I'm more of a big dog person too. I wouldn't say no to a little guy in need, but a medium-large rough and tumble dog is right up my alley wink.

Tyler, how exciting!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , May 11 6:01 pm

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.