Postings by Crazy Sadie Lady

GO!

(Page 1 of 212: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Dealing with another SD handler
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun Oct 26, '14 4:05pm PST 
Thank you Breezy for the support well unfortunately I have seen him a couple times before getting Sadie back. Since he live on the bus root it is only a matter of time I run in to him unfortunatly. I am not sure what to do when this happens, but I have trugged on and took Sadie on the bus to my appointments; and I have also licensed her and showed proof of her shots to the counceling center I go to. I am starting a group I want to attend there soon, though I am worried about the winter months to come. I am hopping that my disabilities will not get in the way in attending. Though until then I will be taking the bus often. I am going to have to find away to get there other wise. I have a lot going on in my life and I attend a counclor every week as well as I have a new case worker too.
I just moved so I could get Sadie Back and work with her so this dose not make me feel and more confident.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sun 4:05 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Veterinarian for SD
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Oct 26, '14 3:36pm PST 
I had a friend that had a dog that had dew clews and the dog unfortnatly tor one and almost dyed from blood poison. I then my self had aquired a shepard and she had dew claws remembering this
happening to that dog I had her dew claws removed when I had her spayed. In my state we can get help for the spaying if we are on FS or some sorta finachal help. But any additional proceeger was on my money. It was ok the vet charged me $35 per claw and thankfully she only had two. He did not like doing it, but I had explained that she had already snagged it once already and worried about the later of the dog I knew. He was a good vet too and I liked him. But he is not in business now. I was living in Ellsworth when I got Sadie and a good friend lead me to the vet I have for her now. That vet was in Bangor that I took my pets too. My counsin told me about a nice vet in veazie now that I am in Old town, maine. Miles away form my country vet I really liked and was very good with Sadie. I am not good with change, but like My own doctors I will have to change her vet to some one closer to where I live.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Breezy CGC-PAT Program Trained, Thu 9:54 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Halloween costume for SD

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Oct 26, '14 3:17pm PST 
That is so cool Since Sadie and I are now together I am still sticking to dressing her as a panda it just fits her black and white color anyway....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sun 3:17 pm

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '14 3:55pm PST 
I guess I was it was hard though Breezy and brigan, YES, YOSHI a blind vet he had a seeing eye guide dog and yes was a vet. He stated very airigantly that his type dog was the only kind of SD leagally out here to work in public. Hands down and was trained by the seeing eye guide dog place in NY. Then he said he was glad I had a nice pet that was it. She is just a pet as far as he was concerned cause She was not trained by a professional training place. That it was all fakers who train their own dogs and puts his dog in danger and makes it hard for him.I really could not talk to him after he said all that cause of his attitued. Very rude and disrespectful. I felt bad enough not having Sadie with me at that time But we are back together now and My son worked her well and kept her training while he cared for her. So that she would not get out of training and working mode since I am always training her and working with her. He was helping me too so he knew what she had to keep in trained for. So I am sure Sadie is just as well trained as his dog but since she dose not have to see for me I think her level of work is so much different then his dog. Sadie is trained for 3 different jobs. She is a medical alert, hearing, mobility dog and Pshc. serv. and he just dejustified her just like that. He said he had a friend that had a just in house dog but was not able to work in pub. cause the friend lost his arm while in the service.
His dog again he stated firmly was the only Dog sertified to be out and about working.
I have to go on the bus this week and I am stress thinking about taking sadie on with him being there on the bus. My son assured me He worked sadie well on the bus and she passes behavyor very well he said. I should not be worried and about anything he told me. Since he had worked for a year with a good licensed trainer that accually tested Sadie and reveued trained her after that. I was told she was just right and to keep up the good work with her. It hurts you know, it just hurts when people do that. I have not had to deal with this till now though I did have to deal with that one guy in Burger king before I moved. But thank you all for the support I thought this place was dead when I posted it and needed some support.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sun 4:05 pm

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Oct 13, '14 10:21am PST 
I am not sure how to say this so I will tell the story out right:
I was on the city bus this morning and ran in to a Blind SD handler.
I think also he was a Vet so he was a bit more assertive about his statement. I was very polite and pleasent to him and told him his Dog was very hansome/beautiful. It looked like a Lab but he corrected me. I told him I was sad I could not yet have my SD with me cause I was dishomed. He began telling me that my dog was not a true SD, and that it made him look bad how people think their pets were SD just cause they said so. I am not one of those since I have many ailments and, several Doctors note telling me that I was to get a Service dog and needed one. This is the second time I have run in to a person that was like this and a man. I find it a little amusing that it was a man (sorry men on here.) I am Not one to just step out and assume something till I have made sure I am doing it right, and had all the info about doing it. I trained Sadie myself and he told me then she is not a real service dog Cause I trained her myself. I told him I also Had her evaled by a top private trainer (licensed to train) He said she was was good to be used in public as a working dog. The man then said I was not allowed to leagally take her out in to stores.
That soon there will be a law that prevented that. That you will have to show a card etc. to prove this. It kinda up set me and I think he did this cause he was a Blind person and used his dog for his seeing, and felt that his should be the only type that could be used out in public. You could say since I did say that I was told by the Law makers of the ADA that I could train my own SD.
He said the ADA were shawlitins and had no say. I think he was more saying his Seeing eye dog was the only true SD leagal.
I did not want to even ask him what he thought about The other working dogs out there like Pyc. SD, Assist. dogs etc. I am sure he would tell me that had no place in public. This is even on a bus. The buses in our city allow Pets on the bus accutally. I am venting now I little unsettled. It makes me more distress since I have not been able to work Sadie. I am worried being here I will end up having to deal with these people again.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sun 4:05 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Taking CGC any tips?
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Oct 10, '14 12:43pm PST 
applauseGood luck on your test ....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Oct 10 12:43 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Halloween costume for SD

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Oct 7, '14 5:22pm PST 
I am hoping that Sadie and I will be together for halloween and I am am dressing her up as a panda.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sun 3:17 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Don't know where to start!!

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Oct 7, '14 11:20am PST 
Just want to up date this post: even though I lost my vehical " It be came unfit to use"
I am working on another one I hope soon to get one.
Looking in to it and hope that it will be something better.
Sadie and I are busy working on more important things like getting out partnership back in to working order.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Oct 7 11:20 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > We're Moving and I am How do you say confused and all that...

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Sep 21, '14 10:15pm PST 
Thanks Yoshi sorry I have been so busy I have not checked my Pmail thanks for telling me that....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sep 21 10:15 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > I am so proud of Sadie !
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Sep 19, '14 11:44am PST 
Sadie is doing very well considering all that she has been through I am still so proud of her cause she has grown up to be a very good SD for me. We are working with another NOvice team and Sadie has been so great. But then it dose help that the person is someone she knows well and loves.
She is true to her breed and to her job and that is the most amazing part about working with her.
We have been through so much the past few months and I feel that we have come a long way the both of us and have been the better for it all. But not with out the support of good friends here on DOgster. I thnk you all for the support you've all given us in the past and since.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sep 19 11:44 am

(Page 1 of 212: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.