Postings by Crazy Sadie Lady

GO!

(Page 1 of 207: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Just starting out.....
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 9:05pm PST 
My Daughter N law realized how much a dog would help her while she was taking care of Sadie. I am trying to help her word things to her doctors and Theraphist. They keep telling her that she needs a therapy dog not a service dog. I finally told her to look up Therapy dog. She also was told that a dog service dog could not be for only mental illness or emotional illness. I told her there is a Psychatric service dog for that though she dose have a bit of a mobility issue. She wants to take less meds cause she wants to have a family and can't do that on meds. I told her that she knows how to train it since she raised dogs all her life with her mom. I told her the things that a Psychatric dog could do since she has Bi-polar and PSTD and other mental illnesses that cover that service dog. She is going to again talk to them. I pray she gets them to understand this time.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Wed 9:05 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Non leather mobility harness
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Aug 19, '14 10:00am PST 
Have you checked google or ebay ?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Tue 10:00 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Coping without the dog.

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Aug 16, '14 6:10am PST 
It makes Sadie's and my situation less taxing though any separation is sad when you count on someone so much. I say someone cause our dogs are not things they are living and have feelings.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 6:10 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > migraine alert service dog?

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Aug 16, '14 6:04am PST 
I am sorry my first exsplination was so long I guess I am a lil out of practice when answering people. I just for the most part got in the habit of just saying she's a SD. I had only one incident in Burger King with a guy who flipped out on me. I still go with the rule of Telling people that she is a SD.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sat 8:43 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > We're Moving and I am How do you say confused and all that...

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Aug 16, '14 5:53am PST 
I am again up dating this post: things did not go all so well Sadie and I are separated cause those plans fell through and we got in to a mess or I should say I got in to a lil bit of a mess.
Anyway I am working with my family and hoping that Sadie and I will be together soon. The moving process is a lil more complicated since we will be further out from the bus root also.
But the space that we will have is awsome if things work well. I am doing fundraisers too. You may get to see them on face book I am not sure if they filtered through to any of my friends form here on to there. We are all working so that I can have sadie back and we can be a team again. Those who pray here Please ! do so for Sadie and I. We could use a lot right now in our difficult time away form one another. Every step right now seems to be Flattened and then we are pushed back 5. God I pray will give us strength and reunite us soon. We have a lot of road blocks in our way, so our biggest need is that our friends here on Dogster pray for us a lot. We miss you a lot and you all are a comfort to us. Sadie is lost with out me and though she is with family she loves it just is not the same. I am praying that we are able to get this house in Bangor with my family so that Sadie and I will finally be together, and have room to run and stretch her legs when not working hard at her SD duties. So Bless you all on here that pray for us we so appreciate that.
We also thank you down deep in our hearts.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 5:53 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > migraine alert service dog?
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Aug 15, '14 5:55pm PST 
I am not sure how to answer this post. I am going to tell you my store how I got Sadie (my service dog) I hope you get what I am telling you: Back in 08 I was still struggling with the late on set of fibroid tumors and stuggling with life and death. I was set to die and came to that concluesion.
I was also homeless, I choose to be homeless cause living with family was becoming draining on my emotions. There were things I just could not do for them that were against my inner being that they wanted me to do. I had learned form my younger son that I had lost yet another family pet (this time one of our family dogs) and that he and his girl friend were moving with our other one to a place in town. They had her creamated she was my first unoffical SD she was a good dog. I then became a Grammy (my younger son) had a baby girl with his GF. They were ok where they were for a while but then they began having trouble with the people they lived with. They had to move and could not take the other dog with them so we had a family friend care for him for a lil bit. Then I needed to ask my landlord to see if I could bring him down were I had finally got an apartment (through a housing program). She agreed and I did,but I did not not have him more then a couple weeks and he had a stroke. I had to make the choice to put him to sleep,it was hard he was my baby. I was very depressed and felt sick and I just could not get my heart to stop blaming myself for his death. I was able to have an operation and it took care of the tumors though other ailments were left in their wake. Between the passing of the last family dog and my
ailments left from the tumor and bouts of depression I was a bit of a mess. So my councelors and doctors decided I needed a Service dog or they told me I would be put in a nursing home.
I began working finding out how to go about doing this and found out through this site as well as the State of maine the requiraments for a SD. After I was turned down by a program that trained them. I new how to train a dog and I did train my family dogs who by state standards could have been SDs. So I went to shelter hoping to get a rescue dog,but my Landlord would not comply. So I went through a private owner that was give up a 7 moth old pup so I paid $150 from a guy in uncle henery's. His life had changed drastically and he could not keep her.
I trained her with help from my older son and a friend and a couple trainers in town.
She is a very well behaved dog though as I quote she is a dog and she dose have her moments
of miss behavyor. But while she is in her vest she is most always well behaved. Sadie does multitude of things for me. She detects my high and low blood sugar for Diabeties, she helps me walk a lil straighter cause I have some mobilitie issues. She helps ground me for my anxietie.
These are a few of the things she dose for me. I hope this helps you understand that you don't have to make it complicated. The dog just needs to midgate your disabuiltie and behave itself.
Or that is what state of maine requires.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sat 8:43 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Have question about self-training your service dog

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '14 6:42am PST 
I am not sure how to respond to this I don't feel Breeders are a facter in the qualitie of a service dog. I only used a trainer for evaluating my dog and advice on training. I was able to train my dog pretty easly and she trained me in some stuff.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Griffin - SDiT CGC, Aug 13 3:06 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Coping without the dog.

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '14 5:17am PST 
That is the sadest part of having that breed I am worried cause I have a mix breed.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Sat 6:10 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Psychiatric Service Dog Advice in GA

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Aug 13, '14 5:08am PST 
Cool Good for you
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Aug 13 5:08 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog Training NH/VT
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Aug 9, '14 10:10am PST 
If she is a puppy you will want to make sure she has the basics down pat.
The first step is the basics that is sit,stay,lay you want to make sure she is well house trained that is very important. Make sure she is well socalized too. Take her to pet shops and places that allow dogs. Take her to dog parks and those places too if you can though watch out for more agressive dogs there. If she is old enough you might want to start training her to pick up stuff that is allways a useful task. Make sure when you walk her if you have to cross streets that you make sure she waits with you when you cross a walk way. These are things I made sure first thing I trained Sadie to do those things.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Aug 9 10:10 am

(Page 1 of 207: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.