Postings by Tia-Forever Loved

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Is it normal?
Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Jan 20, '14 6:26pm PST 
Thank you.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tia-Forever Loved, Jan 20 6:26 pm

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Sun Jan 19, '14 9:08am PST 
Thank you. So many people think that I should be over it by now, so I thought that I should check before Dogster is gone, because if anyone would understand, it would be here.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tia-Forever Loved, Jan 20 6:26 pm

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Sun Jan 19, '14 12:22am PST 
Is it normal, five months after losing your best friend, to still have days where all you seem to do is cry?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tia-Forever Loved, Jan 20 6:26 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Deer attacks dog!

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 8:36pm PST 
Wiley-I've heard so many bad stories about people dealing with ICBC over wildlife accidents. Yet, I have heard about people having an easy time with them when it's a human caused accident. It's crazy. We have been very lucky and haven't had an accident with a deer or elk yet, but we have had some close calls and I can so picture an elk doing that to a vehicle. On my way to work some mornings there are elk all over the road and they can cause so much damage.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Aug 24 5:36 pm

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Sat Jul 10, '10 5:43pm PST 
I forgot to mention that people have been attacked by deer here too. I love all animals and I hate the thought of culling the population, but they are getting way to comfortable in town. You see mothers with triplets, something that's practically unheard of in the wild. People have been trapped in buildings because a deer with big antlers blocks the door all afternoon. There are numerous car accidents caused by deer. It's not as simple as watching for them when they are in town in such large numbers. Mind you, it gives the tourists something to take pictures of and it's something to pass someone's yard looking at their realistic lawn ornament, then realizing it's a real deer taking a nap.
Another issue is that the large numbers of deer in town have attracted cougars.
The deer have become a real safety issue and I hope that we can find a humane way to solve this issue.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Aug 24 5:36 pm

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Sat Jul 10, '10 5:36pm PST 
We live about half an hour away from where this happened and our town has an even bigger deer problem than they do. A questionaire was recently sent out to see how concerned people are with this problem. I have heard numerous stories of this happening with much worse outcomes. We regularly pass large numbers of deer on our walks. I keep a good eye on them and give them as much space as possible. The closest that Tia gets to a deer is when they are on the hill behind our house. Luckily, a cement wall makes it impossible for them to get into our backyard.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Aug 24 5:36 pm

Behavior & Training > To crate or not to crate... what do you do? Kind of a survey.

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 7:17pm PST 
Until we got Tia, I always thought that crating a dog was mean, like putting them in a cage. We started Tia in one of those rubbermaid tote containers, but by the time she was able to jump out of it, she wasn't ready to have the run of the house yet. Once we got her one, I realized that she didn't think of it as a cage, but just as her bed and it's been a huge help when we travel. For instance, when we visit my nieces and she has had enough of them, she can just go into her bed. For the most part, we keep the door off now, but it's nice to have at times.smile
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Jul 11 12:24 am

Dogs & Travel > What does your dog wear on a walk?

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Tue Jul 6, '10 9:03pm PST 
Tia wears a step in harness and in rainy weather she wears a raincoat. In the winter she wears a sweater instead of the raincoat, and if it's really cold, booties.
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Delta Force CGC RN NA RL1, Sep 24 7:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Are retractable leashes really that bad?!

Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Mon Jul 5, '10 7:55pm PST 
We tried one for awhile and liked the flexible length, but then we got Rogz leash that has a number of rings on it which we love. It gives us the flexible length so that we can make it longer or shorter depending on where we are, yet it provides much better control.smile
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Jul 7 2:24 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > My dog wants:
Tia-Forever- Loved

Let's play!

Barked: Thu Jul 1, '10 5:27pm PST 
Tia wants:

More cuddles...
More walks...
More exploring...
More playing...
More greenie treats.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Luna, Aug 16 4:48 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.