Postings by Gargamel

GO!

American Pit Bull Terrier > Been awfully quiet!

Gargamel

Barked: Sat Jul 14, '12 5:31pm PST 
HAHA right never knew it existed until recently. When i joined it was just facebook for dogs and I never came back lol
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Keira, Jul 15 5:23 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Sensitive Skin
Gargamel

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:54pm PST 
Here is some made form PVC piping, maybe that would work? That's a shame, I am sorry that you are having issues, so crazy!! http://big-paws.com/collar.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=fl ypage.tpl&product_id=79&category_id=6
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jack ~May '12 - Jul '12~ , Jul 12 12:18 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Sensitive Skin

Gargamel

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:53pm PST 
double post
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jack ~May '12 - Jul '12~ , Jul 12 12:18 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > So... does the term "Pit Bull" offend some of you pit owners?...

Gargamel

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:50pm PST 
It only offends me if people use it wrong. If you know your dog is an APBT and call your dog a pit bull its fine, thats what it is. AmStaff and APBT do not look alike to me at all. They have very different structures and heads and chest. They are 2 different breeds. I was told my boy was am AmStaff but never got the papers or proof of his lineage therefore My boy is a mutt. I can't prove what someone told me is fact so why pretend? I get bothered by people who call their dogs pit bulls who have no freaking clue if their dog really is an APBT. You can NOT go from what the breeder told you unless he knows generations of history in his head and has handwritten or formal Pedigree's the sire and Dame being traced, you can NOT go from what your vet or shelter or the media tells you, and yes even though everyone else might call your unpapered dog a "pit bull" doesn't mean it is one.

APBT have AWESOME temperaments with Humans, they do NOT attack humans. Most dogs that DO attack humans on the news are labeled as a pit bull and are really mutts or other breeds commonly mistaken for the one true Pit Bull, the American pit Bull Terrier.

Why do people have a problem with calling their dog a mutt? If they did they should seek out a reputable breeder or rescue that has papered APBT and get one from there.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:42 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Been awfully quiet!

Gargamel

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:39pm PST 
great how are you wink
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Keira, Jul 15 5:23 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > When someone asks what kind of dog you have
Gargamel

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:38pm PST 
I say he is a mutt or a bull dog because that's what he is. I have no papers on him, I know his parents, but they are also not papered. I was told he was am AmStaff, but since I cant prove it, why do I want to continue to call my dog a pit bull, when there is really only 1 "type" of pit bull, the American pit Bull Terrier. Calling my boy a pit bull when I have no clue about his history is insulting to the Real American pit Bull Terriers out there. They are a wonderful breed, who am I to say cause my dog LOOKS like he MIGHT be a pit bull, that he is?

Especially with this whole Lennox craziness in Ireland who was an American Bull Dog/Labrador mix being killed just from what he looked like, why does anyone who rescued (or found or bought from a BYB with no papers) want to call their pup a specific breed and not a mutt is beyond my thinking. Why people want to tell others what they think their dog MIGHT be is beyond me. Keep your dogs safe, unless they are an APBT, its a mutt or a bull dog, spread the word, maybe the media and mainstream society will actually realize it one day smile
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 1:58 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Pit/Mastiff??

Gargamel

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:29pm PST 
You can USUALLY double the weight at 4 months to find out their adult weight. USUALLY works, but not 100% of course.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gargamel, Jul 11 7:29 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Ignorance

Gargamel

Barked: Wed Jul 11, '12 7:26pm PST 
You should really be careful and avoid all dog parks for multiple reasons. Any dog that society and the media would label a pit bull type dog, should for the sake of EVERY pit bull type dog not allowed off leash play with any dog or owner that you do not know and trust. If the dog came at your dog and your pup needed to defend themselves, YOUR dog would be blamed and could possibly be killed if deemed vicious. I understand you want to socialize your dog, but that doesn't have to do with other animals. People Places, things are all GREAT ways to have a wonderfully socialized dog. You could go to a basketball or tennis court or a baseball field that is fenced in and allow your dog off leash fun. There is a reason so many people are scared of these dogs and its our jobs as owners to keep them safe and sound.

I agree it was pure ignorance what that guy did but please stop off leash free play with strange dogs, its not worth your dogs life if he acts like, well a dog. At this time, Pit Bull type dogs are not afforded the same rights as tons of other breeds and until there is no more BSL and only dangerous dogs laws, Owners need to be responsible and not set their dogs up for possible failure. ALL pit bull type dogs depend on ALL pit bull type dog owners to be responsible and prove we are not what society thinks we are.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:58 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.