GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Grooming > Homemade dog shampoo
Baron

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 3:37pm PST 
Does anyone have any suggestions for homemade doggie shampoos??
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 14 3:37 pm

Behavior & Training > Aggression AFTER neuter
Baron

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 11:16am PST 
Thanks everyone for your information!
Mulder- I got him from a 'back yard' breeder. She presented herself well and knowledgeable BEFORE met Baron and herself. I never got to see the father (she said her son had the dad and was out of town) but the mother was very sociable docile. She lived on about 100 acres on UN-FENCED property and I have always wondered if she became pregnant by a coyote..sounds funny but I have COUNTLESS people tell me that he looks just like a coyote (the type we have here in Florida). But I haven't gotten a DNA test on him yet...definitely on my list of things to do just because i'm curious. He did come with AKC papers, but that doesn't mean much and I still haven't registered him. I'm not sure about his genetics, I didn't do much research on the breeder (which was a fault on my part) but either way, I ended up with a GREAT dog who listens perfectly, isn't the slightest bit aggressive towards people or children (I have an 1 year old), and would give his life for me. This problem is the only one I've come across, so far.
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 12:03 am

Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 12:43pm PST 
This is the first timrd NOT to create MY dominance after he does cuch thing, so thank you for informing me. Im not trying to do wrong by any means. The odd thing is, he is great off leash..so if he sees another dog that isnt within 15ft of him, he doesnt run after the dog, or cat, or whatever it may be! ONLY when another dog approaches him or runs past him....
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 12:03 am

Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 12:14pm PST 
SO, Ive had Baron since he was 10 weeks and he was ALWAYS being socialized. Went to dog parks on a daily basis, went everywhere with me, to doggie stores, to work with me (vet clinic). He has always gotten along with everyone! Human and canine... Well I got him neuter at just under a year old and about 2 months after that, he started developing a habit... First it started at the dog park, if a dog RAN past him, he would run after it and aggresively establish dominance over the dog. If a dog came up to him and DIDNT run past him, he was fine. WELL, my way of trying to correct that problem, was going up to the dog he was establishing dominance over, putting my dog on his back and letting the other dog sniff him... WELL, we are now at the point that ANY dog, (on or off leash) that he doesnt know, he aggressively lunges at and barks. Once hes around the dog for more than 10 minutes, hes FINE with the dog. I though maybe he was trying to protect me, BUT when a new dog comes in "our" home, he is NOT aggressive at all! HELP!!
[notify]
» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 12:03 am

Dog Health > Info for you SCRATCHY/ALLERGY pets....

Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 11:37am PST 
Eduardo, it is not realistic to tell every client that walks through the door to feed their pet a raw diet. One: its expensive, two: it can cause abnormalities and three: household pets are DOMESTIC not wild anymore. Their genes have been altered from those that live in the wild. Dont get me wrong, raw diet is healthly, but in the veterinarian field, we have to adapt to our clients. And yes, though vegetables and fruits are not natural for dogs, they are better than dog biscuits and table scraps that 90% of people give their pets. After all, fruits and veggies are in 75% of all natural dog foods anyway.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 12:35 pm

Dog Health > DAPP Vaccination?
Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 12:46pm PST 
Whoa...Ok, it was just information about each individual virus. And yes, you are correct as most VETS do not give the Lepto vaccine unless requested, HOWEVER, almost ALL mobile vaccine clinics DO. SO, it was just a heads up in-case she ran across it and didn't know what Lepto was!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 11:00 am

Food & Nutrition > Info for you SCRATCHY/ALLERGY pets....

Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 12:36pm PST 
I work at a veterinary clinic and we see patients on a daily basis with itchy skin! Here is some helpful information...
Allergies work in a 'staircase'. Your pet can have an allergy to more than one thing and not have any symptoms... for instance the "threshold" of clinical disease... Your pet may be allergic to: Household dust, ragweed pollen, pine pollen, oak pollen, bahia grass and fleas..BUT when you add a food allergy to the mix thats when symptoms may arise. (corn, soybean, wheat) are all ingredients in ALOT of dog food that cause allergies... NOW...Change you dogs diet to a grain free diet and your now BACK UNDER the threshold and the symptoms (itching, redness etc) have now gone away.

Common allergens causing allergic reaction in pets:
Foods- soybean, corn, wheat, lamb, rice, egg, milk, chicken.
Parasites and Bacteria- Fleas, bacteria, mites, fungus, molds.
Pollens- Oak tree, pine tree, weeds, flowers.
Insects- Mosquitoes, flies, bees and wasps, gnats, roacjes.

The veterinarian I work is very holistic and suggests ONLY a grain free diet. ABSOLUTELY NO dog treats, biscuits or chews except for soup bones and deer antlers. ONLY fruits and veggies for snacks
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 25 9:30 pm

Dog Health > Info for you SCRATCHY/ALLERGY pets....

Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 12:02pm PST 
I work at a veterinary clinic and we see patients on a daily basis with itchy skin! Here is some helpful information...
Allergies work in a 'staircase'. Your pet can have an allergy to more than one thing and not have any symptoms... for instance the "threshold" of clinical disease... Your pet may be allergic to: Household dust, ragweed pollen, pine pollen, oak pollen, bahia grass and fleas..BUT when you add a food allergy to the mix thats when symptoms may arise. (corn, soybean, wheat) are all ingredients in ALOT of dog food that cause allergies... NOW...Change you dogs diet to a grain free diet and your now BACK UNDER the threshold and the symptoms (itching, redness etc) have now gone away.

Common allergens causing allergic reaction in pets:
Foods- soybean, corn, wheat, lamb, rice, egg, milk, chicken.
Parasites and Bacteria- Fleas, bacteria, mites, fungus, molds.
Pollens- Oak tree, pine tree, weeds, flowers.
Insects- Mosquitoes, flies, bees and wasps, gnats, roacjes.

The veterinarian I work is very holistic and suggests ONLY a grain free diet. ABSOLUTELY NO dog treats, biscuits or chews except for soup bones and deer antlers. ONLY fruits and veggies for snacks!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 12:35 pm

Dog Health > Extreme itchiness

Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 11:16am PST 
What food are you feeding and what treats does she get? any table scraps? people food? also, what flea medicine are you using?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 20 10:47 am

Dog Health > Foods not allowed for dogs
Baron

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 10:55am PST 
Onion and raisins are two that should definitely be avoided and are toxic to dogs so you have to be careful what you give because alot of people food that is premade has onion powder in it. Cheese can cause diarrhea. Health wise... all wheat, corn, soy, flour, and grains should be removed! I work for a vet who is very holistic and all he recommends is a grain free dog food and ONLY fruits and veggies for treats!! ABSOLUTELY no dog treats, chews, ect except for soup bones and deer antlers. Diet plays a HUGE role when it comes to allergies in pets!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 5:22 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.