GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Small Dogs > Super embarrassing question but her goes.....
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Mon Apr 21, '14 11:29am PST 
Does she eat really fast? Paris gets gas from inhaling her food and treats.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 21 3:45 pm

Behavior & Training > Rescued Puppy Mill dog won't stop peeing and pooing in the house
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Mon Dec 23, '13 6:43pm PST 
Paris was partially housetrained when we got her. She was tethered when out of her crate so we could keep an eye on her, and she was also taken out on leash on a schedule. I put a marker board at the door and noted the time when she went out and pottied. If she had an accident I noted that time as well. There was a pattern to her accidents which told us how often she needed to go out. Keeping her on a schedule was the best thing for her. I also took her over to the same spot in the yard. Dogs tend to go in the same place over and over again because they can smell it. Don't forget to praise with treats and vocally when he goes outside. The reinforcement is very important.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 2 4:09 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Check These Puppies Out! (Jagdterrier)

Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Mon Jul 22, '13 10:24am PST 
Amen, Ava. Paris is pretty mild as far as Terriers go but it's still enough to make me realize I don't think I'll own one myself laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 5:08 pm

Dog Health > Low cost snip clinic vs. regular vet for spay?

Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 11:20am PST 
Nicky and Paris both go to a low cost clinic for their yearlies. Nicky was already neutered by his rescue, but Paris was a stray and not spayed yet so she went to the low cost to get spayed. My mom asked around about them, and heard nothing but good things. They did pre-surgical bloodwork to make sure the dog is healthy enough for surgery. They have one day designated for just spay and neuter surgeries- Paris was dropped off in the morning, and picked up in the evening. They provided a shot of pain meds that lasted a couple of hours (can't remember how long), pain meds in pill form in case they are needed when the shot wears off, a cone, and care sheet. The spay site was a tiny little incision, and I can't remember if they used dissolvable stitches and glue, but I remember the skin was glued together. They also put a tattoo mark on her abdomen to indicate she was spayed. The incision site healed up wonderfully and you can't even see it now. There were no complications. This place is very professional, and very clean- moreso than some of my area full service vet clinics I have been in, but there are a lot of shady clinics in my area.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jun 26 7:56 am

Choosing the Right Dog > You shouldn't get a _____ if ______.

Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Wed Jun 5, '13 10:53am PST 
You shouldn't get a Silky Terrier (or any terrier for that matter) if:

-You are sane
-You are not active
-You hate the sound of squeaky toys
-The "death shake" disturbs you
-You expect your dog to be BFFs with every dog it sees
-You like your landscaping just the way it is
-Did I mention the liking your sanity thing? laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by , Jul 7 9:29 am

Grooming > silky terrier hair and hairstyle
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 1:03pm PST 
Paris gets what I call "winter ears." In warm weather she has real short hair on her ears, but in the winter she gets little feathery tufts sticking out. It's so weird. You can see the various states of her ear hair in her profile pictures. The "winter ears" show up really good in the pic of her in the black & white houndstooth jacket. The only trimming she has had done is on her nubby tail and rear area.
[notify]
» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 22 1:03 pm

Dog Health > Getting Spayed, Need Some Advise

Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 12:59pm PST 
My mom was really worried when Paris went in to get spayed, but post-op wasn't as bad as we expected it to be. She was pretty groggy the first few days, but she still ate. She only got a little bit of food at first just to see if she could keep it down. Make sure to limit movement. Paris was crated except to go out to potty on a leash. We also requested pain meds (some places don't just give them out, you have to request them), and a cone so she wouldn't bother the surgical site. She got pain meds the first 2 days, and after that we just watched to see if she was in pain. Other than that, they said it doesn't need anything special done to it, just keep an eye on it and make sure it's healing and not oozing or anything. They gave us a sheet with all the instructions.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 20 4:34 pm

Dog Health > SNORING!! Is there a cure?

Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Sat Dec 1, '12 6:49pm PST 
Paris has a big ole schnoz and even though she's little there are times where I have to turn the volume up to hear the tv over her when she's across the room!! I've always joked about getting those breathe right strips for her.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 5 2:23 am

Small Dogs > Sweaters/Clothing for Small Dogs

Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 11:01am PST 
Paris gets chilly very easily in the winter. The PetSmart clearance clothing rack has some pretty good deals on it. It's about the only thing I buy there these days laugh out loud My mom has also bought clothing at Marshalls and Burlington Coat Factory if you have any of those near you. We have a new store called Ross that also has cheap doggy clothes. These are all discount designer clothing/housewares type places.

She has sweaters, a pair of jammies, light jackets for fall, heavy coats for winter, boots for snow, raincoat
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , Mar 26 3:07 pm

Behavior & Training > how to make him/her stop digging
Paris

support the- rabid

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 10:57am PST 
Paris has a sandbox to dig in. Whenever she starts digging in the landscaping I would clap to make her stop, bring her over to the sandbox and show her it's ok to dig there and praise her when she used it. She loves the sandbox and it's a great way for her to get some exercise.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 2:46 am

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.