Postings by Sarah, CWSR, CWG1, CGC

GO!

(Page 1 of 332: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu May 14, '15 10:09am PST 
Happy Birthday to everyone!! smile

I spilled a bunch of apples the other day and I thought I had picked them all up, turn around and I find this:
An Apple a Day? (Sorry about size)

I don't have the heart to tell her the whole "apple a day" trick doesn't work on dogs and she still has to go to the vet this afternoon!!
[notify]
» There has since been 159 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:12 am

Dog Health > Spots on nose
Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Apr 30, '15 7:16pm PST 
Can you upload a better picture of his nose? Hyperkeratosis is a build up of keratin. It makes the nose look kind of calloused, like sandpaper almost. You can google "hyperkeratosis in dogs" for images.
It's really hard to tell from your current pictures if your guy has hyperkeratosis. It could easily be something else. Are the spots smooth? Sometimes if the dog gets a sore on their nose, it loses pigment. I've had fosters rub their nose on the wires when they're in the crate. I've noticed that the tops of their noses get raw and then that area turns pink.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, May 1 4:28 am

Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Apr 29, '15 8:25pm PST 
Glad for so much good news all around!

I just filled out the paperwork to register Sarah for a barn hunt! I'm already nervous and it's not until the end of August!! big grin There's another one coming up in July that I'm going to put her in, but the paperwork isn't ready for that one yet.
[notify]
» There has since been 200 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:12 am

Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Apr 18, '15 9:45pm PST 
Sorry about your birds, Sanka. My parents have chickens. We had some young chickens that didn't like to go inside the coop at night. They'd roost up against the fence. One night a raccoon came and reached through the fence and ripped the wings off of two of the them. Believe it or not, one of those actually survived! We've also lost some to a hawk. My parents didn't think the hawks would be able to get them because when they are "loose" in the fenced area they are under evergreens. My parents also were given a chick that had imprinted on people. Her name was Daisy. She was obsessed with being around people and was always trying to follow you out of the coop. They went out of town and had the neighbors take care of the chickens. When they came back, that chicken was gone. Never found out what happened to her.

New foster is settling in well. He's probably about 15lbs, tan dog. jack russell mix maybe? He has one ear up, one ear down big grin. He's really pretty quiet and low key.

I'm sitting here watching National Geographic Wild. They have a show I love called the Incredible Dr. Pol, about a vet in Michigan. Now I'm watching a show about a vet in Hawaii. Fascinating!

Today was chore day- cleaned the garage, did some laundry, dishes, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed. I love my cats but I am so tired of cleaning up cat litter all over the house! Any cat people have any tricks? I have high sided boxes to keep them from kicking the litter out and a rug in front of the box to catch litter after they jump out, but it feels like there's still litter getting tracked all over...
[notify]
» There has since been 238 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:12 am

Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Apr 16, '15 7:10pm PST 
Actually- most of my fosters have very little behavioral issues. Occasionally a few nervous ones, but they typically warm up in a bit. I made it very clear to the rescue group that I'm busy and what I needed in a foster, so it should work out just fine.
[notify]
» There has since been 250 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:12 am

Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Wed Apr 15, '15 7:59pm PST 
Going to go back to fostering this weekend. Hope it works out okay. I'm not home much, and that's been a challenge.

Got Sarah signed up with the National Barn Hunt Association! Just waiting now for the trials to open so I can sign her up!

She woke me up at 4am and again at 5:15 with an upset tummy. I wonder if it's from the slimy chicken?!?

Waiting for the end of the Blackhawks hockey game and then going to bed. Go Hawks!
[notify]
» There has since been 253 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:12 am

Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Apr 14, '15 7:12pm PST 
Not worried- just grossed out! It was all slimy and had ants crawling on it (which were also consumed!). No issues that I've seen as far as diarrhea or vomiting... crazy dogs...

Decided to go into work today. Too much to do. Mucinex is my BFF right now! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been 260 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:12 am

Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '15 4:19pm PST 
wave all.
I have a cold frown Feeling miserable, thinking about staying home from work tomorrow.

Took the dogs for a walk and Sarah found a piece of bone-in fried chicken. Of course she managed to eat half of it before I realized what she was doing...
[notify]
» There has since been 263 posts. Last posting by Tyler , Today 7:12 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What's Your Favorite Designer Dog?

Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '15 6:33pm PST 
They removed my reference to the post made by the person above me, and my statement that they made the post to stir up trouble. It would be one thing if they said "edited by moderator" but it says that -I- edited it, which I most definitely did not.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Love Shack , Apr 12 9:37 am

Choosing the Right Dog > What's Your Favorite Designer Dog?
Sarah, CWSR,- CWG1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Apr 10, '15 6:01pm PST 
My post says "edited by author". I did not edit it, a moderator did. And now it makes no sense.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Love Shack , Apr 12 9:37 am

(Page 1 of 332: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.