GO!

(Page 1 of 324: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Neutering a 2 year old male?
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Jul 24, '14 6:23pm PST 
Never too late to neuter. I foster for a rescue and I've had foster dogs as old as 11 neutered.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Thu 6:29 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 5:58pm PST 
I think in these times if you don't have a reliable way to be contacted, even if it means leaving a message, you are really going to miss out on important opportunities. I know a few people who do not have internet and I think that society uses it to much to communicate it makes things difficult. We have two families who foster that don't have internet, so whenever the coordinator or another group member sends out mass emails, she has to individually call these two people. Can you imagine trying to call 60 people? I guess that's where phone trees come in to play, but those have a tendency to fall apart. I don't expect instant access to everyone, but I do expect to be able to leave a message.

The lady called me back and left me a message. She said "I saw a missed call and I'm not sure if you're calling about Toby?" Well if she had her voicemail working she would have known! Hah! I'm picking him up tomorrow night but I am really worried that I'm going to have fights...
Good luck to Honey!

I
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 12:52am PST 
The post is showing up on my feed but not in here.....
No one has stepped up to take Toby back or to take one of my current fosters. I don't want to leave him in the home if it's an unhappy situation. I don't want him to end up at AC... but I'm worried that taking him back here without moving one of my current guys is going to cause conflict between the dogs at my house. Mike has started growling and going after Randy, although not consistently, and Randy doesn't seem to "get it". Ugh. I don't know what to do. I REALLY like Toby but he was not the best with the other male foster that I had... On the other hand, I will never forgive myself if something bad happens.

I did go ahead and call the lady but she didn't answer and her voice mail isn't set up. In this day and age, everyone should have voicemail, especially people with kids!

Sanka- i thought of you because I went "off roading" with the dogs. But nowhere near as far as you walk yours. I took them to the offleash dog park that has a pond. about 1/4 of the shore is mowed and has gravel put down, the rest is "au natural", but has a rugged path. So i decided to walk them down the path. Well, a little more than halfway around the pound and the path is GONE. I thought there was a second path higher up so tried to walk there, but that path was no more. I ended up walking through razor sharp marsh grass and thistles over my head, and the ground was so uneven, there'd be like a foot deep drop off, but you couldn't see it because it was covered in grass... I was not dressed appropriately- had capris and short sleeves on. My arms and legs are all cut up! I was thinking the whole time "man, Sanka's pictures make these hikes look so fun!" ha!

I rented the Lego Movie so now I'm going to give the dogs a potty break and settle down to watch it.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '14 11:37pm PST 
No one has stepped up to take Toby back or to take one of my current fosters. I don't want to leave him in the home if it's an unhappy situation. I don't want him to end up at AC... but I'm worried that taking him back here without moving one of my current guys is going to cause conflict between the dogs at my house. Mike has started growling and going after Randy, although not consistently, and Randy doesn't seem to "get it". Ugh. I don't know what to do. I REALLY like Toby but he was not the best with the other male foster that I had... On the other hand, I will never forgive myself if something bad happens.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

Dog Health > Heartworm Alternatives?

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Jul 20, '14 5:38pm PST 
You can look into sentinel. That has different active ingredients. It's what I give my dogs. My dog, Sarah, was heartworm positive when she came to live with me and had to go through heartworm treatment. Not fun. It's painful and dangerous! So, I take prevention seriously and I don't mess around with alternative "medicine".
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sun 5:38 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun Jul 20, '14 1:22am PST 
What a cutie. I love poodle puppies' faces! They're so silly looking!

One of my foster dogs, Toby, was adopted out while I was gone on vacation and he is being returned because they can't get him housetrained. I had terrible problems with housetraining him too, so I can't blame them, but I feel bad for hte poor guy. I'm full so I can't really take him back, hoping another foster home will step up. I told my coordinator I'd take him back if someone would take Randy.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Jul 19, '14 6:56am PST 
That's a great vacation Sonja! So jealous!

I just finished watching The Book Thief. Great movie, but you should have like ten boxes of kleenexes with you, big time tearjerker! And I've read the book twice, I knew how everything went!

Here's the new fosters-
Mike

Randy

It's 2am. way past bedtime!
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Fri Jul 18, '14 4:34am PST 
I heard there was a security breach and many passwords have been compromised.

This is the link I got- http://www.reddit.com/r/self/comments/2az8x7/i_found_25_million_hack ed_passwords_to_the/
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sat Jul 12, '14 10:24pm PST 
I'm able to get in without too much trouble, but don't have much to say.

Sanka- sounds like you're having fun! last year my neutered male cat, Charlie, decided he was going to howl every night after I turned the lights off... He still does it, every night and there's nothing medically going on with him. Now he only howls like 3 times and stops, before it was over and over.

I drove the rescue transport today and we got poured on. I brought ponchos so my body stayed dry but my feet were soaked and I had about 4 hours before I could go home and take my shoes off! The pavilion we were parked by flooded several inches deep, so the crates got wet. Ugh! Glad to be home though!

I have two new fosters. One is a puggle.... 'nough said! The other is a a little black and tan terrier mix. They are complete opposites. The puggle is happy happy happy and wants to run and play and run and play some more. The little terrier mix is terrified and has spent most of his time just sitting and watching. Hopefully he'll warm up soon!
[notify]
» There has since been 48 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Thu Jul 3, '14 3:34am PST 
Oh yuck, Toto! Sounds like you might be getting the same storm system that came through here few days ago.

There were 6 confirmed tornadoes in the northern IL/IN area, although they were pretty mild, no deaths, but lots of downed trees and some structure damage. The closest one to me was about a 30 minute drive.

I went to mow the lawn and I forgot I had the hose out (it was under the grass and I didn't see it). I ran it over with the mower and then had to tip the mower over to unwind the hose from the blade. Mower didn't want to start after that, so hoping it just needed a rest and will start tomorrow...

What is everyone planning for the fourth?
[notify]
» There has since been 71 posts. Last posting by , Fri 7:08 pm

(Page 1 of 324: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.