GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Sports & Agility > How, Exactly, Do You Sign Up For an AKC Rally Trial?
Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 11:56am PST 
Thank you so much!

I've found the show superintendent's website, including the online and paper forms. Entry closes in about a week so I'll be getting them in soon.

Thanks again! dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 15 9:01 pm

Sports & Agility > How, Exactly, Do You Sign Up For an AKC Rally Trial?
Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 10:42pm PST 
This may seem like an obvious question, but I can't figure it out and it's frustrating me. dog

I am hoping to do an AKC Rally trial with Dozer this March. He has a PAL and know all the novice commands so I'm going to try it out and see how it goes.

The only problem is... I can't figure out how to sign up for an event!

I've combed the AKC website looking for a form to fill out and send in or an online registration option. I've checked the club website searched through that as well. I've even Googled it, checked Yahoo! answers and Wiki answers, but I haven't found a whisper of how to sign up anywhere.

So, what do you do? Contact the club and ask to sign up? Is there a secret form floating around somewhere that is only given to a select few? (If there is a form, whom/where do you send it in to?) Online registration would be nice, but I'm guessing there isn't such a thing.

Thanks for checking this out, I'm just a little flabbergasted that I can't figure it out. I'm a complete newbie so even little details like this trip me up. Thanks again! meditate
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 15 9:01 pm

Behavior & Training > Cesar Millan

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 3:26pm PST 
applause Asher
[notify]
» There has since been 79 posts. Last posting by , Dec 19 8:26 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > A terrier discussion

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Thu Oct 20, '11 1:04pm PST 
Have you thought about a Schnauzer? They have good drives and make good Earthdog, agility, obedience-type dogs but don't drive their handlers nuts when they're off "duty." At least that's been my experience with Dozer.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 23 10:59 pm

Dog Health > Spaying and then aggression? Whaat?

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Wed Sep 21, '11 12:34pm PST 
applause Toto. I second the idea, getting a complete check-up and fecal from the vet wouldn't hurt. wishes
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 4:25 am

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Tue Sep 20, '11 12:02pm PST 
Well put Trigger.

Spaying causing aggression is a load of baloney. A dog of my childhood was spayed before her nipples even developed and she was the sweetest dog for both humans and other animals.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 4:25 am

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Sep 19, '11 7:12pm PST 
To the Original Poster-

I am so sorry that you and you're dog are going through this right now. It's very frustrating when dogs act aggressively, good luck!

I suggest re-copying this thread to the Behavior and Training section of Dogster. Different members write there who may be able to help you. (and who will actually focus on helping you, not going on with an unscientific rant about spaying.)

If you would like some books on how to deal with this, I would suggest Click to Calm and Don't Shoot the Dog. (Google search can help you out.) I would also think about contacting a professional dog trainer, find one who uses a clicker and positive reinforcement so that your dog is comfortable and is happy learning.

Maybe another dog hurt her at the vet's and he didn't tell you? shrug Anyway no matter what her reproductive status is I think what with time and training she can improve.
[notify]
» There has since been 79 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 4:25 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Another reason NOT to chain your dog....

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Sat Sep 17, '11 8:23pm PST 
applause Sanka
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Sep 20 12:58 pm

Dog Health > Spin-Off Thread, Garlic and Fleas

Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 7:31pm PST 
I was reading through a hot topic and began to wonder.

I live in the PNW and fleas can be a problem. Technically I don't own Dozer, and if he got fleas I'm afraid that he would be re-homed.

So in order to prevent that, I used to use Frontline a few years a go, I stopped because a) it's to expensive and b) he's an indoor dog and with kids in the house I didn't want them petting him and then sticking their hand in their mouth.

So I started to feed garlic daily. I also wash and vacuum his bedding often. We go on hikes and live in a woodsy area, when we leave I spray him with a rosemary flea repellent I made.

One of the things he does is chew and bite himself in the mornings before I wake up, and sometimes in the day he will get up suddenly and bite himself.

When I stopped the flea meds I thought it might have been fleas and went back to the meds, and then as he continued to do it I thought about him digesting the chemicals and stopped again.

I searched vigorously for fleas, and after several weeks I chalked it up to boredom since I couldn't find any signs of them. It's been months of this behavior and still no fleas.

What I want to know is: Are garlic and repellents enough? What else can I do to make absolutely certain that Dozer won't get fleas?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 6 3:35 pm

Dogs & Travel > Most dog friendly places in America and Canada.
Dozer ~ CGC

Barked: Mon Sep 5, '11 7:08pm PST 
Just got back from camping in the San Juans (near Seattle) with Dozer, and it is super-dog friendly.

Once I had him tied out in front of a restaurant in Friday Harbor, and the manager came up to me and said I could bring him inside because he was so well-behaved and he looked lonely. snoopy Cask and Schooner is the name if you're ever in the area!
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 8:49 am

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.