Postings by Maggie (I'm Moms Angel Now)

GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Kali is very sick :(
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 4:46pm PST 
So sorry to hear of Kali's passing. It does not seem to get easier with time because they leave such a hurt in our hearts when they leave us. I know that Maggie and Katana were waiting to show her the way around the bridge and I know that Maggie will show her the best place to watch over you from the bridge. Again so very sorry to hear of her loss
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Nov 3 3:25 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying goodbye

Barked: Mon May 26, '14 6:28am PST 
Its been almost 2 years since my beloved husky Maggie and my husband's Service Dog Doberman Katana both passed away. We still miss them both. They were our babies and our partners in crime at times. Katana died of a massive heart attack in August year before last and Maggie of Brain Cancer in October that same year.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by TedEbear In Lღving Memory, Jun 9 7:33 pm

Grooming > If you wanted to know the world's hardest dogs to groom!

Barked: Fri Nov 29, '13 11:15am PST 
What about the Aussie or the rough collie? Years ago I had a half aussie half lab and grooming him was a nightmare because he would get so matted between brushing and he was brushed three to four times a week. He had the aussie feathering on the backs of his legs the underside of his tail his belly and chest. His worst spot for mats though was behind his ears. Another breed I would think would be a pain to groom would be the pommie.
[notify]
» There has since been -4 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Dec 9 3:46 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Barked: Sun Oct 20, '13 10:50am PST 
Could the newest member of our group little kitten Goliath please get some wings? he just joined us here at the bridge today. Thanks. His picture is on my page.
[notify]
» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by ALF , Nov 1 12:31 pm

Senior Dogs > Petit-mal seizure?

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 6:55pm PST 
I know when Maggie was alive, a vet told us to rub clear karo syrup on her gums or put two drops under her tongue to jack her blood sugar back up after the seizure. I hated watching her go through each one knowing that there was not much I could do for her. She lost so much weight last summer which told us that it was cancer because she was eating 6 pounds of food per day. We were giving her two 3 pound coffee cans of food per day to try and get her to fatten up again when she started to drop serious weigh in late April early May last year. Her vet had told us in March of last year that she had brain cancer. She would still have a seizure here and there but she would go almost three months between them. When she passed away in October last year we were gone away from home but we think she had a seizure, she always had grand mal seizures, and her heart just couldnt handle the strain of the seizure. I still find myself looking for her now and then even though I can look over and see her urn on the shelf under the tv. Before I took her off the meds the vet she was seeing had her on an extra high dose of Primidone. she was taking 250 mg 2xs a day and she would still have at least 2 seizures per day.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sonja, Sep 19 9:53 pm

Senior Dogs > One last journey

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 9:47pm PST 
Hugs to you during this time. I know that Maggie will be waiting for Sabi at the bridge and will be more than willing to show her around. If I know Maggie she will even show Sabi the best trees to lay under and the best clouds for sleeping on. And Maggie's two pups will always be up for a game of tag with a new friend.
[notify]
» There has since been 128 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Feb 4 11:34 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Cremation ashes, 1 year later

Barked: Tue Aug 27, '13 8:41pm PST 
In October it will be a year since Maggie passed away. I still have her ashes and now and then I take her urn outside and talk to her about the day. I know she would love our new home. I keep planning on taking a small amount of her ashes up to the very first place we went with her after we brought her to live with us. I miss my girl every day but each day the pain eases.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maggie (I'm Moms Angel Now), Aug 27 8:41 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Kisses is a real people-pibble and needs a home!

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 11:39am PST 
If I had only one or two dogs I would take him as we LOVE pit bulls. I know my stepson was like the boy who owned Kisses. He got all pissed off because when Maggie was alive and on her Primidone for her seizures I asked him to be home ONE afternoon so she could get her meds on time because I was going to be meeting my brother for the first time and wouldnt be home in time to give her the pill. He told me that he already had plans and he didnt have to give her the pill because she wasnt his damned dog. So I ended up having to cancel on my brother. I wouldnt trade all the time I had with Maggie girl but I miss her like crazy and I know deep down that she is better off now that she is waiting at the bridge for me.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maggie (I'm Moms Angel Now), Aug 12 11:39 am

Dog Health > First seizure tonight, diagnosed as possible idiopathic epilepsy??

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 12:17am PST 
I know when my late husky Maggie was still alive she could be perfectly fine one minute and seizing the next. She would have one or more every twenty days. We took her to the vet several times and begged.pleaded and ordered him to do blood work to get nothing more than a sore throat. He put her on Primidone 250 mg twice a day but it did nothing for her other than make her sleepy, and she wouldnt eat much at all. I finally took her off it and she went from 1-6 every 20 days to 1 in 83 days. We later had a talk with our regular vet who suggested that it was either a tumor or lesion on her brain, that was in March of last year sadly she passed away in October of last year. I could always tell when she was close to having a seizure because she would start to have a smell to her that was sort of like she had rolled in something dead and covered in horse manure I know it sounds gross but that was her smell for about two days before the seizure. She got to a point where when she was coming out of the seizure she would bite if you touched her because she didnt seem to know where she was or who her favorite people were. I kept a log of all her seizures, date,time, duration (length) and what was going on weather wise. In a lot of ways I am glad that her suffering is over but I still wish I could have her back again.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Josie *Forever in Our Hearts* , Dec 16 4:47 pm

Dog Health > Possible Seizures?

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 9:01pm PST 
When Maggie was having seizures before her passing she would usually fall down and paddle or run with just her rear feet. She would often foam at the mouth and lose control of her bladder and sometimes she would end up messing herself as well. There was only one time I remember her biting either the inside of her upper lip or her tongue and causing it to bleed. She also had a focal or head seizure once where it looked like she was standing there shaking her head no very rapidly. We think that the day she passed away she may have had a seizure that led to her passing. However she had either a lesion or tumor on her brain so there was nothing we could do because of her age. She was with us for 8 months after the diagnosis and I miss my sweetie every day.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dylan aka Dilly, Apr 18 4:24 pm

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.