Postings by Rexy

GO!

(Page 1 of 220: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Jan 18, '14 7:14pm PST 
I've just successfully join the proboards forum.

Toto, it took a little while for my account to be verified and I got similar error messages when I first tried to log in. About 45 min later I got an email saying my account was good to go.
[notify]
» There has since been 415 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 5:32pm PST 
I also don't post here much anymore...but would be into joining a new forum in order to keep in touch with Dogster folks there. I'm friends with a few pups from here via facebook, but I know that not everyone wants to be on facebook...

On that note, anyone wanting to keep in touch via facebook, please feel free to PM me. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 558 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Senior Dogs > One last journey

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 6:23pm PST 
hughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 51 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Feb 4 11:34 am

Senior Dogs > One last journey

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 10:06am PST 
I saw the title of your post and my heart sank.

I'm so very sorry. Thinking of you guys. May Sabi's passage from this life to the next be peaceful and effortless. We should all be so lucky as to be surrounded by such love and devotion when we pass. You WILL see her again.

Dogspeed Sabi.
[notify]
» There has since been 102 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Feb 4 11:34 am

Behavior & Training > Barking and growling when guests come over... Help!

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 6:58pm PST 
Is he crate trained? If so, then I would be crating him (out of sight of the door) when new people come over. If he's not crate trained, then I would put him in a separate room until he has stopped barking and has calmed down.

This is much less stressful and chaotic for everyone involved. A dog emptying anal glands is a generally a sign of stress and/or fear.

Rexy has a tough time with new people coming into the house so she is crated until she has calmed down. Once she is quiet and calm, she is then sent to her dog bed where she can watch our guests and take in the scene without the pressure of having to interact or be handled by someone new (which is a scary thing for her).
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Aug 21 6:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Polly pounced on the cat!
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 12:02am PST 
I agree with Koby, it sounds like a phase she is going through.

Every once in a while Rexy will snark at one of the cats (bark and a half-hearted lunge). Usually when she is extra tired or extra hungry.
I just keep an eye on her then and interrupt her. For a while she appeared to be choosing to snark at the cats when they were near "her" water dish. I took the water dish out of the equation by moving it to a different room, out of her bed's line of sight.

Is Polly only allowed on the bed by invitation? If not, then I would start with that and make it clear that any type of snarking means that the invite is revoked.

Yes, it's surprising how much consistency some dogs need. I need to be super consistent with Rexy and she still tests those boundaries regularly and occasionally pushes them. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Koby, Aug 17 3:03 am

Raw Food Diet > Help! Throwing up everything

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 11:51pm PST 
Dante, sorry about the confusion regarding canned...I only suggested that as as most people aren't comfortable mixing kibble and raw, and I doubt that you want to experiment with that right now and potentially add to your boy's digestive troubles!

You could also try stuffing ground meat into a kong, freezing it and then letting him slowly work away at it. It should take him a decent amount of time to get the food out that. If he still regurgs when he is taking his time eating, then I'm not sure what else to suggest...
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Zeus, Aug 20 4:10 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw and Hip Dysplasia

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 12:51pm PST 
A quick update....the GLM appears to be doing the trick!! way to go (or a combo of that and the rest of the supps)

We did 12 days of a 2000mg/day loading dose and now we're on 1000mg/day.

No more Rimadyl needed for regular day-to-day activities (on-leash walks, playing, training etc.). Only bigger exercise days (off-leash in the woods) requires a 1/4 tablet of Rimadyl afterwards, and I'm okay with that as she needs to stretch her legs and explore (I consider that a quality of life thing for this girl). smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Aug 13 12:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > Help! Throwing up everything

Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 12:45pm PST 
Wow, that must be really worrying and more than a little frustrating!

Have you tried feeding just one bite of room temperature meat and then waiting to see if it comes back up? I'm wondering if there is something about the temperature of the food that is not agreeing with him.

Also, what would happen if you fed a bit of raw mixed with canned? Maybe that would stay down and you can gradually increase the amount of raw until it's all raw again?

Rexy will regurg on occasion, but generally only if it's lung (weirdo!) or if she has eaten something much too quickly. Luckily, she almost always re-eats (unless it's lung or tripe). She also tends to regurg within 10 min of eating, not 30 seconds.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Zeus, Aug 20 4:10 pm

Behavior & Training > What do you even do with this?
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Sat Aug 10, '13 3:06pm PST 
I'm so sorry. hughughughug

Hoping hard the door fortifications do the trick and that nothing comes of today's incident. hughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 12 6:05 am

(Page 1 of 220: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.