Postings by Raju

GO!

German Shepherd > My New German Shepherd puppy

Raju

On it, Boss!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 3:57pm PST 
"Oh how adorable. I am planning to buy German Shepherd Puppies too and I am wondering if they are dangerous or could get jealous too because we have a 9 month old baby, you know just to be safe. I love german sheperds and I know they are very smart. I hope to visit the animal shelter and adopt one. big grin

Edited by author Mon Aug 13, '12 9:26pm PST"

Sorry to sorta necro-post, but based on what I just read here, NO you should NOT get a GSD.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Raju, Nov 4 3:57 pm

German Shepherd > Is she underweight?
Raju

On it, Boss!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 3:49pm PST 
Very rarely will a dog starve itself (excluding medical conditions.) Personally I like my dogs skinny! My current dog burns calories standing still so weight is never an issue. If she starts looking like skele-dog, obviously feed her more, but IMO I wouldn't stress about it.

Feeding in the crate is an excellent suggestion.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Raju, Nov 4 3:49 pm

Behavior & Training > This makes me ill.....

Raju

On it, Boss!

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '12 9:51am PST 
At least we know which dogs to wash from the program.

/sarcasm
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Jax (earned her wings 5/30/12), Nov 9 6:06 pm

Behavior & Training > Question about raised paw?

Raju

On it, Boss!

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '12 9:36am PST 
My German shepherd dog has done this a few times as well. He has never met a pointer in his life.

I have seen coyotes in the wild "point" while stalking things.

I'm no biologist, but I'm thinking this might be a predatory behavior inherent in canids.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chewy, Nov 3 10:51 pm

Food & Nutrition > Question about Natural Balance

Raju

On it, Boss!

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '12 9:18am PST 
I feed Nat Bal venison and SP. I have a dog w/ a very sensitive stomach and severe allergies. I have tried several other brands with this dog, and it always ends in disaster. Nat Bal is the only thing he can handle.

If your dog does not have allergies and such but you still want to feed LID, I would not feed Nat Bal. I'd pick something better, like Cat Nat or Wellness Simple Solution (but IMO Wellness is too pricey).

Earthborn is a good food, too, IMO. And they have grain free and "regular" options. Not every dog needs to go grain free and sometimes GF is just too rich OR too much potato etc meant to replace the "grains" ie oats and barley and such. Grain free is a buzz word these days and everybody is trying to get on board w/ GF formulas that aren't much better than the regular formulas. At any rate, I know Earthborn's fish formula gets good reviews.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Marley, Nov 22 10:31 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.