GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Behavior & Training > At what point would YOU draw the line??
Sassafras

My head is- broken, not my- heart!!

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 7:36am PST 
Yay me!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Grunt CGC, Dec 22 9:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Need help with leash issues
Sassafras

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '12 1:32pm PST 
I didn't think about joint pain frown She is due for a vet visit but that has to wait until I can get it in the budget. She isn't showing any other signs of it being tender.

As for the leash, I'm 99% positive it's psychological. I can pet and scruffle and scratch her neck just fine. Even the collar is fine. And I have tried harnesses...she just freezes up and screams if you try to go anywhere. I'd rather use a harness just because I think they are better for little dogs in general, but that battle I lost a while ago.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Spirit, Mar 26 7:16 pm

Behavior & Training > Need help with leash issues

Sassafras

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '12 11:37am PST 
So we recently moved to Long Beach, and Sassy has become dramatically happier and seems like a lot of her trauma is finally being overcome! Her behavior is in general more positive, she expresses herself more clearly, and our relationship is closer than ever.

HOWEVER, two things are completely opposite:
For one, she has started chewing on her knee to the point of now her fur is stained dark. The skin isn't irritated or damaged (probably because she doesn't have enough teeth to hurt herself), but the fur is now brown and I don't know why she is doing this.

Second, and more important, any and all leash work we have done is back at nothing. She sees her leash and starts shaking, The second it's clipped to her she is a nervous wreck, and if it tugs even the slightest bit she has a screaming fit. This is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid now because now she will bolt through the door, and if the leash is attached she will scream going through it whether there is tension on the line or not. I can't get her to slow down, stop, or be less anxious. Any contact I make with her while she's on the leash results in screaming. Any contact the leash makes with her results in screaming. And once she starts, she doesn't stop. So everyone thinks I'm murdering my dog! Then once one bad thing sets her off, the WHOLE REST OF THE DAY on or off leash is ruined. She is back in her broken neurotic little cycle, usually will pee in the house, and licks and chews herself compulsively.

I am trying to be so gentle and delicate with this but nothing is working, and there wasn't anything that happened to make her suddenly start acting like this. And while almost every other aspect of her is getting better too!

Does anyone have any insight? Mind you she has head trauma and doesn't learn or respond normally. Any sort of overstimulation, whether positive (like a treat or something) or negative, shuts her down. Like the opposite of narcolepsy! She has an anxiety attack instead of falling asleep, and can't focus.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Spirit, Mar 26 7:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Recommended food for Maltipoo puppy?

Sassafras

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 8:18am PST 
Taste of the Wild, wet and canned, are my favorites because they are healthy, GRAIN FREE (which is key) AND very cost affective. Plus I rotate through the flavors and my dogs love that.

And OHMYDOG Maltipoos are soooo cute!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Laverne Marie, Dec 18 6:55 am

Dog Health > Tumeric for cysts

Sassafras

Barked: Thu Dec 15, '11 8:13am PST 
I haven't, but I have wondered if tumeric is as good for dogs as it is for humans. I take it for my joints and cardio health and it makes a difference.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 15 8:13 am

Small Dogs > Made a sweater for Charlie
Sassafras

Barked: Mon Dec 12, '11 11:19am PST 
Charlie that's awesome! I crocheted Sas a couple of sweaters....I'm not very good at it though so they didn't really fit right and she haaaaated them! I'll master it some day.

Thrift store cut ups is an awesome idea though. Way to be creative wink That is way cooler than designer!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Buster Brown, Jan 1 10:36 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Yet Another Reason To Get A Shelter Dog (Poem)

Sassafras

Barked: Sat Dec 10, '11 8:08am PST 
*wipes eyes*
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 8:08 am

Food & Nutrition > Turkey broth... How much is too much?

Sassafras

Barked: Sat Nov 26, '11 9:22pm PST 
So we have a lot of turkey broth from the carcass, and I put a little in with the dogs food. I'm wondering how much is too much, and if I shouldn't do this every day or not.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dunkin, Nov 30 11:51 am

Small Dogs > Snowsuits and Boots

Sassafras

Barked: Wed Nov 16, '11 11:08am PST 
Sassy used to have an insulated snow jacked with rabbit fur lining. It was AMAZING for hiking through the mountains and the hood was roomy and she stayed very warm. However it was a gift and I'm not sure from where it came. I'm going to look at snow suits too though. I've never tried booties myself but she will need them!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by COCO, Nov 18 9:34 pm

Behavior & Training > Chihuahua vs. St. Bernard...
Sassafras

Barked: Sun Aug 21, '11 5:54pm PST 
So my typically not so friendly Sassy has been getting better about being social as long as her big bro Tyson (my Akita) is around. Well, at Woofstock today, Sas marched up to a St. Bernard and hopped up on his back and just...sat there (see profile picture for reference). I am beyond confused as to why she would do this. Sniff at another dog? No. Touch another dog? Absolutely not. But then hop up on the back of some gigantic dog she doesn't know?!? This seems like something Sas would sooner die than do. But there she is. I know this may be a stretch, but does ANYONE have ANY idea as to why she would behave like this?!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 21 5:54 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.