GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > PetCareRx
Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Sun Jul 10, '11 9:05am PST 
I got the phone calls everyday for almost a week. I finally sent them a nasty email and the phone calls stopped right away. I still get several emails a day for them though, all go straight to the junk mail. I've only ordered food from them too, and thought their customer service totally stunk.

If you google the phone # they're using to call you, you'll find a lot of similar complaints.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jul 10 9:05 am

Food & Nutrition > Allergy tests are in.....wow this is so frustrating!
Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Sun Mar 13, '11 11:59am PST 
Wellness Simple Solutions Lamb & Rice is an LID food that may be worth looking at.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 13 12:19 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > best low fat chicken/turkey cooking methods

Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Sun Mar 13, '11 8:09am PST 
One of the methods Monica Segal recommends is to boil the meat and then rinse well to help get rid of extra fat.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 31 9:52 am

Food & Nutrition > Allergy tests are in.....wow this is so frustrating!

Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Sun Mar 13, '11 8:05am PST 
I would do one of the LID diets like Wellness Simple Solutions or Natural Balance LID. Did your vet make you aware before the test that the results for the food allergy part of the test can actually come out not accurate? On most of the canine nutritionist and vet websites they confirm this. The best way to determine food allergies is through an elimination diet.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 12:19 pm

Food & Nutrition > Do you keep extra food in case of emergencies?

Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Sat Feb 26, '11 8:46am PST 
Chase and Maggie are both on the Wellness Simple Solutions food right now. Of course it's a hit or miss if I can find the lamb & rice or not, so my local AG center orders it in for me. I have to make sure I have extra since it takes a week to get it in. So I always make sure I have at least 1/2 a bag (10 bag bag) on hand when I re-order.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 8:46 am

Food & Nutrition > Whole Dog Journal's Approved Foods
Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Sat Feb 5, '11 3:08pm PST 
The new article of WDJ has the list of "approved" foods for this year. Ummm, why did they include a food with corn in the ingredients? "Perfect Health Diet" is the brand. I though I saw a 2nd one with corn too, but can't find the name now.

Ingredients: Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Whole Corn, Naturox®, Barley, Ground Whole Oats, Chicken Liver Digest, Kelp, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Montmorilonite Clay, Diatomaceous Earth, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Brewers Yeast, Tomato Pomace, Garlic, Sea Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganous Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Vitamin B12, Sodium Selenite

And the worst of the worst is . . .

Beneful "Healthy Harvest" this food as NO meat in it.

INGREDIENTS
Ground yellow corn, corn gluten meal, whole wheat flour, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), soy protein concentrate, soy flour, water, rice flour, pearled barley, sugar, tricalcium phosphate, propylene glycol, animal digest, dicalcium phosphate, salt, phosphoric acid, sorbic acid (a preservative), calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, dried spinach, dried apples, dried sweet potatoes, choline chloride, calcium propionate (a preservative), added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2, Yellow 6), Vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, copper sulfate, Vitamin B-12 supplement, DL-Methionine, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 6 10:15 am

Food & Nutrition > Totw , only $27.99 for 30 lbs, plus free shipping!

Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Sun Jan 30, '11 12:39pm PST 
Thanks Uno! I just ordered a 5lb bag of NB Sweet Potato and Venison for $12.99. I bought the same thing this morning at Petco for $16.99. I'll just put it in the freezer until I need it.
[notify]
» There has since been 73 posts. Last posting by , Feb 18 11:36 am

Raw Food Diet > Meat grinders...who's got one, what kind do you have, are you able to grind bone, & how $$$?

Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Fri Jan 7, '11 1:03pm PST 
I have the Tasin TS-108. Works great on all chicken bones. I haven't tried any turkey. The onestopjerkyshop.com has them on sale right now for $150 down from $200
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 1:03 pm

Food & Nutrition > Reaction to food - timeline

Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Fri Jan 7, '11 11:53am PST 
The good thing about Natural Balance LID foods for elimination diets is they have treats to match the foods. Makes that much easier. Chase's food allergies show up within 2 days usually and in the form of chewing on the back feet, ear infections and mucousy poop.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 8 1:00 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > With cancer, we have to cook for Feather
Jasmine,- Chase,- Maggie

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 4:24pm PST 
It looks good to me, hopefully Max’s mom can run it through NutritionData when she has time to double check it for you. I don’t have the patience for the program smile That sounds like a good ratio of food, just start her on it and adjust as you need too. Are you giving Pepcid to help with the upset tummy? I hope she’s feeling good and does well on it. Good luck and we'll be thinking of you!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 3 3:34 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.