Postings by Rufio

GO!

(Page 1 of 84: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Dog refusing to eat
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Apr 30, '14 10:42am PST 
Since Sat he's been sick with vomiting and diahrea, on Monday vet diagnosed him as a bad case of Gastroenteritis. They did blood work and Xray and no obstraction, blood work came out good.
He is on medication now (one med coats his stomach lining) the other medicine to ease nausea.

The problem is that he has not eaten since Sat morning (before he got sick). I tried everything and he just turns his nose at food. He ate a little bit of ham yesterday but that's it. He has lost over a one pound already. Vet said he has to eat bland food, so they gave me Hills prescription bland food.

What can I do to make him eat? He hasn't eaten since Sat-I'm worried he will starve- I'm sure he would feel better once he ate something but he doesn't want anything, even his favorite foods!

frown
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hershey, May 3 7:28 pm

Behavior & Training > Best time to get another dog
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Thu Sep 26, '13 6:49am PST 
Hello Dogsters!

We are thinking of getting another dog in the near future- a german shepherd (my dream dog).
But I'm wondering what the best time to get a dog is if you are also planning on having a baby, not now but in the near future as well!.

We have Rufio and a cat (Rufio and the cat get along beautifully!).
A big part of me would like to adopt but it's hard to find a dog that is good with babies/children, small dogs AND a cat shrug

So, the big question is should we start looking into getting this puppy now before pregnancy or during or after?

We don't plan on getting this dog till mid-next year but I've been looking around and doing my research.
I've also been looking on petfinder weekly, and unfortunately I haven't found one yet that's good with all three (babies, small dogs, cats) and a lot of the german shepherd rescues want an experienced german shepherd adopter frown

So I think most likely we will have to go with a dog from a breeder. It's extremely important to me that this dog is good with kids, especially small kids since we have some in our family, cats and dogs.

Opinions, suggestions, advice please.
Thanks so much!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Sep 26 2:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Neighbors dog will not stop barking

Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Sep 25, '13 6:58pm PST 
I have a problem!
We live in an apartment building, for the past week- neighbor must have aquired a dog, I know this because the dog barks literally all night long. From the time I get home (5pm) till I go to sleep (11ish) I hear the dog barking nonstop. I actually didn't know a dog can bark so much and still have a "voice".

The barking is constant, not only is it extremely annoying, but I'm concerned for the dog as well. I don't think the neighbor is home- not sure if he works nights but he is not home from the time I get home till whenever. I've never seen this neighbor, I don't even know what he/she looks like. Part of me wonders if the neighbor even has been home since he got the dog?shrug

What should I do?
I'm planning on talking to the landlord this weekend but I have a feeling they won't do anything about it (they don't do anything about any complains around here). I feel bad for the dog mostly, because the dog is home in the dark all day/night, I hope the poor thing is walked at least once a day thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sanka- I'll Miss You, Sep 26 2:11 pm

Behavior & Training > Barks and growls at dogs on his property

Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 10:34am PST 
Rufio has aquired a very annoying habit lately and I want to know how I can nip it in the butt!.

First let me start by saying that he is not around other dogs much- besides his pet sitters dogs (like once a year) and seeing dogs on walks, he does not play/interact with any dogs. Mainly because well I don't know any dog owners personally shrug

When on walks, when we are past another person walking the dog, Rufio just ignores the other dog.
However, when he is in the front yard where I take him to quickly go potty, and he sees another dog walking by, he becomes aggressive towards the other dog (lounging, barking, growling). The other day while we were outside, a dog owner came by with a dog to say hello, first Rufio sniffed the dog and then snapped at the dog! (the dog was a very old medium size dog that wasn't doing anything but just standing there!).

Rufio has never been aggressive towards other dogs, and never had a dog be aggressive towards him so I'm not sure where this behavior is coming from!

What do I do when he lounges at passerbyes growling? And especially when he snaps at other dogs?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 19 3:35 pm

Raw Food Diet > Feeding Small Dogs Correctly

Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 10:41am PST 
Just wondering on your opinions on this....I've read in few sources that you shouldn't feed your dog pork or chicken bones because they splinter easely.

However, Rufios only source of bone-in items has been chicken and luckily no incidents thus far.

What do you raw feeders think?

for small dogs like ours, chicken is pretty much the only bone that I have found that works, what are the other options?? shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Sep 26 7:40 am

Raw Food Diet > Venison scraps
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Wed Sep 18, '13 10:33am PST 
Hello All!

A friend of mine hunts deer, and has some bones with meat scraps leftover that he is willing to give me.

What do I do with the scraps? do I just scrape the meat off the bones? And does Venison have any bacteria that I should be aware of? should I freeze it or cook it first?

(Rufio IS raw fed, but he has not had any deer meat- just mostly pork, chicken, beef).

Advice please.

Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Sep 18 5:40 pm

Raw Food Diet > Camping and day long trips

Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 9:01am PST 
Thank you everyone! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 11:50 pm

Raw Food Diet > Camping and day long trips

Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 1:18pm PST 
We have some weekend camping trips coming up, as well as daily all day trips.
Rufio is raw fed of primarily chicken and beef meals, with occasional other stuff.

What kind of snacks can I bring for him if we are going on a day long trip, and how do I take his raw food if we are going on a weekend long trip? shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 11:50 pm

Pomeranian > Beautiful Pom we found roaming in the street today! :(

Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 12:53pm PST 
Im curious what happend to this beautiful boy? did you ever find his owner??
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Coco, Jul 10 11:22 pm

Dog Health > Bee sting
Rufio

I don't walk, I- prance!

Barked: Mon Jul 8, '13 12:47pm PST 
My Pom loves to smell the flowers, and is often sniffing around with lots of beez buzzing around- I have a feeling one of these days he will get stung so I want to be prepared, what do you do when your pet (cat or dog) gets stung by a bee?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 9:26 pm

(Page 1 of 84: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.