Postings by Mocha

GO!

Behavior & Training > Teaching dog to whine when he wants out?

Mocha

Play, Play,- Play, Crash...- PLAY!

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 9:28am PST 
I also really like the bell method! Mocha caught on really fast to it and we don't really need it anymore because she does to lie down at the door. However, it worked so well with her that this Christmas we were at my sister's place and she had put sleigh bells on the door handle as decor and Mocha would go to the door and dingle them when she had to pee!
It's really quite brilliant smile It's really great for dogs who have come from an environment where they sat in their own waste (the pound, pet stores, puppy mills)!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gray Dawn Treader, Apr 9 5:51 pm

Behavior & Training > pee/poo in the kitchen while gone....
Mocha

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 7:54am PST 
I've always thought she has SA, but I think it is getting much better. I leave her with strangers more often and my bf does come help when he can. My coworker used to take her when she was off and I was working, but now we're on the same schedule. I've asked friends, but they always have a reason not to....
hopefully with having the walker 2 times per rotation for even 30 mins at a time will help, and I will plan to continue my pre-shift walks with her as well... hopefully that curbs the boredom. And if I start to bike with her she will be extra tired I hope...
Anyway, it's really frustrating. I do us the enzyme stuff whenever I clean the floor. Yesterday I sprayed it everywhere and threw some in with the cleaner in the bucket when I scrubbed it. Did a sniff test and it smells like nothing from what I can tell. Before you could always smell a little hint of something....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mocha, Apr 5 7:54 am

Mocha

Barked: Mon Apr 4, '11 6:59pm PST 
I'm sorry, but I'm a little offended by your advice of "skipping dinner" to afford it... I work in a human services job (residential treatment for youth) that doesn't pay very well and I have student loans and other bills that need to get paid. I already sacrifice a lot to be able to feed my dog and take care of myself and my committments. So it isn't a matter of skipping dinner out. I got laid off and ended up in a lower paying position and now, I struggle financially. So, it's not because I self indulge too much.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mocha, Apr 5 7:54 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > "OUT!" Stain and Odor Remover

Mocha

Barked: Mon Apr 4, '11 3:39pm PST 
I just bought some today and used it on the tile on old stains - really impressed! I had been using Nature's Miracle, but the smell was horrible. I like Out's smell so much more!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Glacier, Apr 21 12:23 pm

Mocha

Barked: Mon Apr 4, '11 3:36pm PST 
Once upon a time, Mocha would soil her kennel on a daily basis. One day, some magic happened and Mocha suddenly liked her kennel and stopped soiling it - even went in there to sleep and relax with the door open!
Sadly, the behaviour transferred... Mocha stays in the kitchen while I am at work. while I am gone, she will pee and poo all over the place. I had been cleaning daily, but today decided that I would scrub the floor clean of all pee/poo smells and stains. So not only is it super clean in here, I'm hoping it will help deter her from messing while I'm gone to work.
Since I have no idea what happened for her to suddenly enjoy the kennel, I can't use ideas from there to the kitchen.
I really don't want to use an indoor potty system, but I really don't want to clean this floor all the time! Swiffer is making a fortune off of her.
Does anyone have any hints or should I break down and buy the potty thing?
(yes, she does get exercise before I leave and when I come home. Usually an hour in total or more if I have time/good weather and has lots to do while she's in the kitchen. Yes, I do work for 12 hrs and can be gone for 13 at a time. I am getting a casual walker, but I can't really afford it)
Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Mocha, Apr 5 7:54 am

Behavior & Training > Keep of the stove!
Mocha

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 6:17pm PST 
I work 12 hour shifts so I don't like to crate her for that long. I did tonight though. I can't afford doggy day care for four straight days sadly.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 10 7:25 pm

Mocha

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 4:13pm PST 
She has to stay in the kitchen because she has destroyed the rest of the apartment. Hidden stuffed kongs last 15 minutes with her. She is most likely bore, I know this already. It's hard to tire her out when it is so cold here. I think I'll put some pans on top of it tonight before I go to work... I will try taking the knobs off too. Thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 7:25 pm

Mocha

Barked: Thu Mar 10, '11 6:51am PST 
Hi everyone,
So my dog is a little nuts and when I go to work she stays in the kitchen. Everything is put away when I leave, but she has a new thing...she has been jumping on top of the gas (!!) stove. This morning I got home and found a burner on. So I'm starting to get really concerned. Any help with keeping her off?? She can jump a good five feet in the air from sitting so she's hard to out smart sometimes...
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 7:25 pm

Local Tips, Playdates & Meetups > Calling all Calgarian Dogsters!

Mocha

Barked: Mon May 10, '10 3:54pm PST 
Hi there!
I don't know that I know where the Southland park is, but if you want to go to the one off of 14th street I would be so down for that!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 14 12:40 am

Behavior & Training > anxiety
Mocha

Barked: Wed May 5, '10 8:59pm PST 
Hi everyone
I am just wondering what's the threshold for anxiety? Is it when the dog reacts at all to the guardian/everyone leaving? Is it is the primary caregiver leaves? If they settle after primary caregiver leaves, is it separation anxiety?

Any thoughts or insight?
Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kahuna, May 7 10:53 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.