GO!

(Page 1 of 43: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Help! People not doing their research...:(
(Quin)- Herdabout- The Mighty- Qu

Herdabout The- Mighty Quinlan!

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 6:51pm PST 
Oo the grass is a good idea...I will send her a link for them.

I just asked her if she picked up her pen today...she was going to go get a baby get or pen today to confine her to the kitchen...sigh...

I did meet her today and she had a harness that was too big so she had hair ties to make it tighter...I gave her a martingale collar and put it on her puppy and showed her how to teach it to walk cause it literally just starts flopping around and wont walk at all with the leash...so she then picks it up...

oh man this makes my chest hurt LOL
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 17 8:05 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Help! People not doing their research...:(

Barked: Mon Sep 16, '13 10:05am PST 
So a coworker who has only ever had a dog growing up just got her first puppy.
She got a Beagle puppy and picked her up Saturday. She doesn't want to crate train and is therefore having issues with house training...
She lives in an apartment and I have been talking to her on Facebook every day since she picked her up giving her links to information and websites that can help this puppy actually survive with an owner who is a nurse and works 12 hour shifts. Thankfully her brother is in town for 2 weeks as of today, because she si working tomorrow a 12 hour day shift. The dog has slept in her bed which I explained could casue some issues. And she says Macy likes chewing onthe leash and jumping...I told her to nip it in the butt now even though it is cute.
She is trying pad training cause she is in the apartment but she is having trouble...

So frustrating! I was trying to help her get a rescue since she woudl hoepfully get an older dog, but instead she came in to work last week and said she had put a deposit on a Beagle puppy...

I am giving her a martingale collar, some puppy kongs left over from when my boys were pups and some Natures Miracle no chew spray and cleaning spray...

Any help would be great...resources I can give to her...she is a cat person and in my opinion should NOT have gotten a puppy...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 17 8:05 am

Dog Health > so confused

Barked: Fri Sep 6, '13 11:55am PST 
His quicks are really long so I am using a dremmel like tool and clippers and trying my best, but with black nails and long quicks shh
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Sep 10 9:00 am

Dog Health > Pet insurance. Worth it?

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 7:24pm PST 
I have Trupanion...it's been very good. With Quinlan, I had no deductible but with two dogs I am paying about $80 a month with a $500 deductible each pet and that covers both of them. If I could go without a deductible I would, but I don't have over $100 a month to pay for insurance...wish I did.

When Quin had his crystals, they were awesome...Indie had major GI hospitalization and they were great...Indie is currently going through some paw and nail issues and they have been ok so far ( haven't spent over my $500 deductible yet).

I do wish they covered dentals though...but at least they do accident and illness and have always been available to talk via phone, email, internet chat...I love them smile

If you are the kind of person who can save a little bit each month for your pet bills, do that...if not pet insurance may be a good thing to consider...

Come to think of it...my pets have insurance...I do not...I just shelled out $400 for the dentist and haven't been to the eye dr in 4 years (I wear glasses) LOL
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 6 5:31 am

Dog Health > Hives!

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 4:57am PST 
Eeek! confused

Glad she is improving...a cone might be a good idea...or booties/socks if she will tolerate it.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 19 7:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > Feeding wet dog food with dry dog food, anyone?

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 1:43pm PST 
I did that just now to feed my boys...easier to give meds and they LOVE it
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 5 5:34 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Performance Puppy Purchase Protocols

Barked: Sat Aug 24, '13 7:01am PST 
Hey smile
When I got Quinlan, I put down a deposit for holding the next blue merle male out of one of her litters that could start me with rally-o, obedience and agility but also be a family dog. Then when one was born i put down more of a deposit to confirm that I wanted him and then cash balance at the date of pick up smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 24 7:01 am

Dog Health > Had allergic reaction to rabies vaccine. Long term effects?

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 7:49pm PST 
I don't vaccinate my dogs against Lepto...EVER! They get their vaccines as a rabies and then the DA2PP and they have been fine. They both have a relative who had a bad reaction to the Lepto vaccine and I would rather not risk it seeing as I live in the city and am not too worried about Lepto.
My breeder mentioned doing the Lepto vaccine, but giving staying at hte vet to monitor them to see if they woudl react but I would rather not even risk it.

Get a letter form your vet saying that your dog is exempt from Rabies vaccine due to a highly dangerous reaction...or what ever they feel is best.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 17 11:20 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Visited my first breeder today!

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 7:39am PST 
WOO HOO
Visiting breeders is always fun. but I find it is hard to wait once you go see the cuteness! laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 5:10 pm

Puppy Place > Question for those who walk multiple dogs

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 7:56pm PST 
I have 2 shelties...one 35 lb and one 20 lb
Indie wouldn't walk when I first got him...he was very scared of the leash so I used a coupler so Quin could show him the ropes and then trnasferred them each to their own leashes so I could train them smile
Now they each have their own leash and walk on the left smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 3 7:56 pm

(Page 1 of 43: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.