Postings by Tyson

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Puppy Place > Walking issues...stopping/resisting, crazy afterward
Tyson

It's Train or be- Trained!

Barked: Thu May 19, '11 9:36pm PST 
Hello Giselle I am not sure how normal it is but Tyson used to do the same thing. He would walk fine some days and some days he would stop and attack who was walking him too. We just kept practicing and he stated to do better each month. Another thing we would do bring along treats on our walks and practice tricks like sitting or lay down to try to distract him. That worked for us. Good Luck!smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Giselle, May 21 10:20 am

Puppy Place > What do you think of Petsmart Puppy Classes?
Tyson

Barked: Sun Feb 13, '11 7:52pm PST 
The petsmart training classes we went to didn't work out well, the trainer wasn't experienced, and we all passed the class even though we did not finish all the designated tricks and lessons.

However they had a free puppy play class every Saturday which only allowed puppies 6months and younger and even separated the smaller and larger puppies so that they all got to play without the possibility of injury. Those were better then the lessons. They did very well to socialize our pups, there was no older dogs that may have frightened them. Also it was awesome cuz it tired every body out. Lastly it was so freaking cute to see all those puppies playing with each other lolcloud 9.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by The Urban Hounds (Formerly the, Feb 15 3:36 pm

Food & Nutrition > Why Do People Say Purina Is Not A Good Dog Food??

Tyson

Barked: Sun Jan 16, '11 9:35pm PST 
People should feed there dogs whatever they want, but I think that these forums and the sharing of ideas and different view points are great. I think it can only benefit you to research,read,question, and learn.

It's awesome that we have all these different experiences to learn from everyone. I don't think peoples opinions about food should be taken offensively, if you don't agree then disagree and let us hear your side of it. Cause I certainly would love to hear it smile.

Here is mine, my bully developed hot spots, and rashes. I went to the vet, they were really nice and prescribed antibiotics to clear up the rash. It cleared up but kept coming back. Tyson was eating Iams. Izzy had no reactions what so ever. Someone at the dog park told me it could be food allergies and to try a different food. So I did, I had never heard of specialty foods so it was all the grocery store brands. None worked, found Dogster read about some of the foods people her fed and he was doing okay on TOTW and Orijen but, Finally we tried Acana Salmon and he is doing awesome. Even though Izzy was doing great on all of them I noticed that both dogs became so much shiner and softer, even my family committed on the change.

So anyway good luck with whatever works for you, but always try to keep an open mind! way to go!
[notify]
» There has since been 139 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Jun 12 6:32 am

Dog Health > Is he under weight? Warning, shiney fur may cause blindness

Tyson

Barked: Sat Jan 15, '11 7:27pm PST 
I Think 60 lbs is going to be perfect for Lincon, He is a buety and a great model for health. I hope to get my pups in such great shape!blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 15 8:46 pm

Small Dogs > is my pomeranian a giant?

Tyson

Barked: Thu Dec 30, '10 9:05pm PST 
I don't think your pup is anywhere near a giantbig laugh It is only 1 pound above the standard. I had someone tell me Tyson wasn't an English Bull Terrier cause he wasn't all white. I didn't even bother explaining just laughed it off.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Jack, Jun 18 4:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Merrick?
Tyson

Barked: Mon Dec 27, '10 9:06pm PST 
Merrick is one of the wet foods we use, we mix it with dry food usually TOTW or Orijen. It is expensive but even my cats come running when I'm feeden it to my pups. They usually try to avoid them but everyone just stands there in a row cats and dogs in harmony when its time to eat it. puppykitty
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by CHARLIE, Jan 2 3:10 pm

Behavior & Training > Is anyone boarding their dog for Christmas?

Tyson

Barked: Thu Dec 23, '10 10:28pm PST 
Totally understand Bruno I am feeling so bad about boarding my pups for christmas and chritmas eve frown. We are going out of town to stay at my brother n laws for the holiday he is having everyone over. My dogs arnt the best when it comes to little kids tyson plays to rough and jumps on people sometimes. we can't put them out side because he has a big dog that isnt dog friendly.
I know it is a good kennel, but I still feel bad about it. i am taking them on a hike tomorrow morning before they go in and I will bring them some of their favorite goodies when I pick them up so hopefully they won't be too mad at me!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Jan 2 6:47 pm

Puppy Place > "What am I?" round two...

Tyson

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 8:31pm PST 
hmmm it looks like he has pug in him but at 20lbs at 14 weeks it does seem big for a daschund pug mix. not sure though sorry. He is very cute and kudos for the rescueapplause!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tex, Aug 27 11:34 am

Puppy Place > Scruffy Blue Eyed mutt, breed guesses? Opinion on names?

Tyson

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 8:08pm PST 
wow what a buety he is so handsome!! I like Bello, and I hope he feels better soon
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 28 4:35 pm

Behavior & Training > My dog made friends with a kitty
Tyson

Barked: Thu Aug 26, '10 8:02pm PST 
Sounds cute must have been adorable to watch, don't worry I won't tell anyoneshh
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tyson, Aug 26 8:02 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.