Postings by Bella

GO!

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Lump Under Skin (on head)?
Bella

Barked: Wed Aug 20, '14 5:10pm PST 
Hey ppl, for several months my lil Bella has had a very-very small lump under the skin on her head, kinda between her ears and just this morning it has gotten larger, it kind of popped-up like a Bee sting but she wasn't stung.

Touching and moving it by finger doesn't cause her any discomfort but again it had gotten larger.

Trying to avoid our very expensive local Vet $$$

Any feedback or suggestions?

UPDATE...with my finger-tip I just kind of massaged it down and it looks like it subsided and flattened out

shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bella, Aug 20 5:10 pm

Food & Nutrition > Small Breed vs Large Breed Food?
Bella

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 4:33pm PST 
What do you make of 'SIZE' specific foods?
Do you think there's a valid reason for feeding a "small breed food" vs ???

Been feeding Simply Nourish Chicken & Turkey (grain free) my Bella loves it!
And, it just so happens to get a 5 star rating at http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/simply-nourish-source /

I just noticed they offer an "adult small breed" food.

Comparing between the two, the "small breed" has, no less that 17% fat vs 15% and the small-breed has Lysine and calcium where as the other doesn't.

Between the two foods,the kibble is the same size.

Small Breed Adult...
Ingredients:
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Dried Potatoes, Dried Peas, Flaxseed, Turkey, Tomato Pomace, Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavoring, Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Salt, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Dried Sweet Potatoes, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Blueberries, Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate [Source of Ascorbic Acid], Niacin Supplement, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate) Dried Chicken Cartilage

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein 34.0% Minimum
Crude Fat 17.0% Minimum
Crude Fiber 5.5% Maximum
Moisture 10.0% Maximum
Lysine 1.8% Minimum
Methionine 0.5% Minimum
Calcium 1.2% Minimum
Phosphorus 0.9% Minimum
Potassium 0.6% Minimum
Zinc 175 mg/kg Minimum
Selenium 0.30 mg/kg Minimum
Vitamin A 15,000 IU/kg Minimum
Vitamin E 200 IU/kg Minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids 2.0% Minimum*
Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1.0% Minimum*
Ascorbic Acid (Vit C) 100 mg/kg Minimum*

Caloric Content:
Metabolizable Energy 3570 kcal/kg, 1622 kcal/lb., 372 kcal/cup
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Thu 4:11 am

Food & Nutrition > Treats/ chews for clean teeth

Bella

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '14 1:16pm PST 
Forget those store bought (so called) tooth cleaning treats loaded with chemicals > go to your local butcher and depending on the size of dog get some Beef Rib bones. MY Bells gets a little rack 4"-6" long.
I separate them and I'll cut a lot of the meat off and keep it for myself but I also leave a decent amount on too.

Two things happen...the action of pulling the meat from the bone acts like a 'flossing-action' for the front teeth.
The slow persistent grinding-away of the bone and hard marrow scrapes the tarter away from the side teeth.

From a 4" rib bone she may spend an hour and grind away a thumb size section then she's done with it...after one bone her teeth are cleaned right up!

Raw (always RAW) Beef rib bones don't splinter or break away...it's more of a very small grinding away of the bone is what's being done.

BTW,I only give rib bones that were previously frozen...that kills any bacteria that 'may' be on the bone.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Willow, Mar 28 5:55 pm

Raw Food Diet > Raw Meaty Beef Rib Bone-Question?

Bella

Barked: Thu Mar 20, '14 11:25am PST 
Here's the thing, with the 'beef rib bones' I get...they're only maybe 4"-6" long > and she'll only grind away maybe a thumb sized portion of it, and no chunks.
I didn't know if the raw meat or maybe the bone and or marrow could trigger an issue. Never happened before, just thought I'd ask.
For her teeth cleaning I'd like to get her back on them plus she really enjoys them too!
Suppose I'll wait a while to make sure her tummy is back to 100%
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bellatrix, May 12 3:32 am

Raw Food Diet > Raw Meaty Beef Rib Bone-Question?

Bella

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 5:57pm PST 
Hey experts, my Bella is 4 & 1/2 years old.
To battle tooth tarter build-up I would give her a previously frozen beef rib bone that has some meat on it...she really enjoys these rib bones.
She will spend an hour slowly grinding away what would amount to a thumb size portion of the rib bone and it's hard marrow.

Question...could this occasional bone treat trigger or cause a recent, severe bout with HGE?

If I didn't get her to the animal hospital quickly, she could have died!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bellatrix, May 12 3:32 am

Dog Health > It Came On So Fast =(
Bella

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 4:00pm PST 
Thanks for the above added information.
Here's the deal with Bella...aside from her getting spayed and that was at another location, she has not been to a Vet for any problems. She gets her rabies shots where she got fixed, at a very good local Spay and neutere clinic.
So, she doesn't have a "regular" vet/dr.
The two Dr's I've recently delt with was an after hours emergency Dr and then another Dr I saw when she was released.
Last night I spoke with the first er Dr that saw and treated her first.
So far today she ate breakfast a small lunch and dinner...no vomiting, tummy noises but also no poo today, and I'm hoping it's a firm one.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 18 4:00 pm

Bella

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 6:28am PST 
I'm worried...up all night with tummy noises.
The vet called last night around 10pm asked if I fed her dinner, which I didn't...that may explain the tummy noises.
around 4am I gave her a little piece of boiled chicken, that helped subside her tummy noise.

This morning's poo was again very soft.
3 days off her meds, do I suspect HGE is coming back?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 18 4:00 pm

Bella

Barked: Sun Mar 16, '14 5:58pm PST 
Well, as of today no more meds.
Instructions stated 5-7 days and she seems to be doing very well, and todays poo was firm and normal looking.
Hopefully with the meds leaving her system she won't suffer a relapse.

Because I don't know what caused her bout with HGE, I'm still walking on egg shells.
I don't believe it was her food or regular treats. I don't believe it was her raw meaty beef-rib bone (for teeth cleaning) and I don't feel it was her usual Bully Sticks.
So that leads me to think it was something toxic she ate from somewhere.
Fingers Crossed!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 18 4:00 pm

Bella

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '14 7:42pm PST 
Vance CGC, if I may ask...what were the symptoms that led the Dr. to check for tumor in the first place? Or, did the Dr. find it while testing for something else?
As I mentioned prior, because we don't know what cause the HGE, I just feel like I'm walking on egg shells.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 18 4:00 pm

Bella

Barked: Fri Mar 14, '14 3:30pm PST 
BTW, I just hope this HGE doesn't later on lead to something like cancer etc
I just updated our Picture...love this lil pup!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 18 4:00 pm

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.