Postings by C.J. (C-ATCH,TDI,CGC,RE,ChSN)

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Dog Health > Brushing teeth
C.J.- (C-ATCH,TDI,- CGC,RE,ChSN)

Happy to be a- Rottie with a- tail!

Barked: Tue Apr 5, '11 5:38am PST 
We brush every third day, plus good stuff to chew on every night to help out in between actual brushings.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Apr 5 6:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grain Free? What do you feed?

Barked: Thu Mar 31, '11 7:23am PST 
Acana here, rotate through all four varieties.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Fritz, Apr 9 10:41 pm

Food & Nutrition > Probiotic suggestions?

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 5:49pm PST 
C.J. was put on Proviable (Nutramax) when he was hospitalized last month. He's all better now but the vet recommended keeping him on it long-term, even after his antibiotics were done. I've been very pleased with the results so I do plan on keeping him on it. Definitely recommend buying it online. Amazon sells it for less than half of what it would be from the vet.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Mar 17 3:26 pm

Food & Nutrition > How much salmon oil?

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 4:02pm PST 
I have recently realized that the "dosing" instructions on bottles of salmon oil varries substantially from brand to brand. Anyone aware of a more concrete guideline for how much to give? C.J. weighs 90 pounds about two teaspoons (4 pumps) in his breakfast and two teaspoons in his dinner.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shadow *CGC*CL2*CL3*, Mar 16 10:13 am

Food & Nutrition > Free treat samples

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 4:01pm PST 
Yum! Can't wait to try them.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by The Boys, Mar 21 7:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > Supplements?

Barked: Mon Mar 14, '11 4:00pm PST 
I tried a similar thread in the "Health" forum but didn't get many reponses. Maybe you'll have more luck here!

C.J. gets:
- Salmon oil twice daily, for all of the many benefits that come from Omega 3s
- Cosequin DS plus MSM twice daily, we're taking this as a preventative. He has no mobility issues right now, but C.J. is an agility dog and I want to make sure he can keep playing comfortably for as long as possible. On the advice of our vet, we're going to switch to Dasuquin when our current supply of Cosequin runs out.
- GNC Dog Digestive Health Complex - twice daily Digestive enzymes
- Proviable, once daily. C.J. has had some "digestive issues" in the past and our vet put him on this probiotic when he was hospitalized last month and recommended that he continue it long-term. I've been very happy with the results since he's been on it.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Nala, Mar 29 5:30 am

Food & Nutrition > Opionions on "best" grain free food for healthy older adults

Barked: Sun Mar 13, '11 6:23am PST 
I personally don't think there's one right food for every dog, but I've had C.J. rotating through the different ACANA (which uses russet potatoes and peas as the carb source - not sure where Foxxy is seeing tapioca) formulas for more than a year now and have been extremely happy with the results. It's definitely a rich food which can easily be overfed; at 90 lbs. and a fairly high activity level, C.J. only gets 2 cups per day to keep lean. I feel confident about the ingredient list, quality, and source of ingredients. It's pricey, but a 30# bag lasts us a good two months. Anyway, that's what we've found works best for us. They also just released a new formula (Ranchlands: beef, bison, and lamb as primary proteins) that we finally got a bag of yesterday and are eager to put into the rotation. Good luck! blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Stella Agnes CGC/TDI, Mar 13 7:57 am

Dog Health > Toothpaste

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 4:55am PST 
The Petzlife oral care gel is definitely good. I put some of that and Petrodex enzymatic toothpaste on the brush together when I brush C.J.'s teeth 3x per week.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bella, Mar 10 6:05 am

Sports & Agility > Tips for speeding up weave performance?

Barked: Sun Mar 6, '11 7:14am PST 
I was wondering if anyone has any training tips or tricks to help C.J. increase the speed of his weaves. He doesn't have a problem with entrances and he rarely pops out early, but we go from sailing through a course to almost a standstill going through the weaves. I know he's a big, long dog and weaving is definitely work for him, but getting through sets of 12 at trial is just killing our time. Sets of 6 are slow also. The thing is, I know he's CAPABLE of doing them fast. Every now and then he'll get the zoomies and just blast through them but that's very rare.

I've tried leading out in front, pushing from behind, approaching from both sides of the poles, throwing food to the end... Any advice is welcome; thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 5:40 pm

Dog Health > General Prognosis for Heartworm?

Barked: Fri Mar 4, '11 2:49pm PST 
C.J. had heartworm when I adopted him two years ago and had to be treated. We went the immiticide route along with some prednisone and doxycycline. It's a very involved, stressful treatment process but SO worth it in the end. Two years later he's in excellent condition, runs agility and keeps up with the best of them, and is not expected to have any other long-term issues.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Mar 7 9:50 am

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.